KnuckleHead
October 7th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I think I'd drive it around town....

WINKY
October 7th, 2009, 04:01 AM
uuhhh...heck yeah!

Funrover
October 7th, 2009, 07:01 AM
That is a beautiful mog. Those rigs are so cool!

Mporter
October 7th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Id do it.

1freaky1
October 7th, 2009, 09:09 AM
A definite YES!!!!

4Runninfun
October 7th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Yup! but i'd at least feel bad about the first scratch/ dent...

Whitey Jr
October 8th, 2009, 05:30 PM
ok so i have finaly realized that mercedes made the unimog but are the other ones like it made by the same co. i have no idea how its said or spelled its german or something like that

Funrover
October 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM
The Unimogs are all Mercedes, however there are a lot of rigs in that same size catagory

Whitey Jr
October 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM
no they are like paz...? i have no idea my neighbor had one and i always thought it was a unimog but as i have found out more it wasnt. but it is the same millitary looking thing

i just found it http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_pinzgauer.php

Funrover
October 8th, 2009, 05:44 PM
PINZ are awsome also, they are smaller then a mog!

Whitey Jr
October 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
i have always wanted one

Haku
October 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Same idea, smaller independently suspended package.

The Pinzgauers are cool little rigs. Portal axles and all that. They have 4 corner independent suspension and are a lot smaller. I think the Mog is a more capable rig in general, since the Pinz's seem to be pretty tippy and don't articulate as much as the Mogs do, due to the independent vs. solid axles. At the end of the day, the Mogs are bigger then most rigs, but I saw one on the Crystal Mountain trail last time, and it was smaller then I thought. Still bigger then anything else.

That one posted is a 406 4 door I believe. Its one of the ideal ones, as it has the more powerful diesel engine, stouter axles, air lockers (instead of cable driven), and more creature comforts, as well as a slightly shorter wheel base then the "troop transport" 404 that you usually see. That ones also almost too pretty to wheel in Colorado, as it would scratch the paint up for sure. Damn cool rigs though, and you really can't beat them for a "out of the box" crawler, as long as it will fit where you want to go.

JH