PDA

View Full Version : Moab with KBPI

SubaCool
September 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Just came across this today:
http://www.kbpi.com/pages/ColoradoStimulus.html

Looks like 106.7 KBPI is putting together a run in Moab at the beginning of October. Anybody know of this?

Andrew
September 15th, 2009, 03:26 PM
It's blank....

DKDunn04
September 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I wanted to, but they require 33" or larger tires.

SubaCool
September 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.kbpi.com/cc-common/mlib/757/09/757_1252583004.jpg
Colorado Stimulus 3 is finally here!
KBPI is taking you offroading in Moab!

Clifton Slay from American Rock Rods is going to take the KBPI family on a trail run near Moab on Saturday October 3rd.

We are choosing a trail that will be entertaining to wheelers with varying degrees of experience and be a great slice of what Moab off roading is like, coupled with some great scenery. This one is extremely limited. There are only 30 slots available. (10 of these will be given away on air), so please don't register unless you are serious about joining us and have the correct equipment.

Vehicle requirements: 33" or taller tires
Working seat belts or safety harnesses
Attachment points front and rear
20,000 lb. or greater recovery strap with provisions to attach it
Spare tire
Tire jack
Extra fuel if their vehicle has a driving range of less than 75 miles
First aid kit
Personal requirements: Driver must have the willingness to have their vehicle utilized as an attachment point, help in pulling and basically aid during the recovering of other vehicles during the event
Food provisions and water inclusive of two full meals
No alchahol and drug use
Police all of their own trash to include ciggerete butts
The trail will be traversing several high and scenic areas, anyone with severe phobias surrounding heights should not participate

If offroading isn't your thing or if all of the slots are taken, there are plenty of other activities to do in Moab (Mountian Biking, River Rafting, Hiking, ATV, etc.)

Join the KBPI Family as we take over Moab KOA
KBPI will be arriving Friday October 2nd and Returning to Denver Sunday October 4th.
MoabKOA.com (http://www.moabkoa.com/) - 435.259.6682
Be sure and let them know that you are part of the KBPI Radio group for a discount You have your choice of either Tent or RV camping.

NO JEEP? NO PROBLEM:
you can rent one in MOAB:
MoabJeepRentals.com (http://www.moabjeeprentals.com/) - 435-259-7734
Jeep Rubicon is best suited to the trail that we'll be taking.

Discover Moab (http://www.discovermoab.com/)

How to Register:
We will be registering starting next Friday, September 18th; We will open registrations right here at KBPI.com, on Friday at 10AM. You will receive a call to confirm that you can actually do the jeep excursion, and have a Trail Worthy Vehicle. The following week we will be giving away the 10 spots for the trip.

CAN'T MAKE IT TO MOAB?
Join the KBPI family the following weekend on Saturday October 10th. We will be working with Stay The Trail to clean up one of our local trails. Make it possible for off roaders to continue to enjoy our natural resources they way they should be enjoied, with a 4x4 and a winch! StayTheTrail.org (http://staythetrail.org/)
Thanks to Clifton of American Rock Rods, the Moab KOA and Stay The Trail for helping make this happen.

Click Here to see photos from the previous Colorado Stimulus Packages (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:open_photo_popup%28189886%29)

Andrew
September 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I'm curious what trail.

Also curious about more info on the Oct. 10th cleanup.

Chris
September 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I don't understand what the Colorado Stimulus Package is supposed to be :confused:

20 people get to sign up and 10 are chosen on the radio to run a trail? :confused:

All the pics of the past show rafters :confused:

AboveNBeyond
September 15th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Chris,
I think they are taking 30. You can register for 1 or 20 on Friday starting at 10am. Then after 38seconds when the 20 are gone, the other 10 will be given away on the air.

Chris
September 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Okay, guess I understand but why the Stimulus Package name? Not sure I'd want to wheel with 30 people picked that way. ;)

Haku
September 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Okay, guess I understand but why the Stimulus Package name? Not sure I'd want to wheel with 30 people picked that way. ;)

Especially considering the audience that KBPI seems to want to attract (its a hard rock/metal station), I'll be staying away from that one. I think its supposed to be something that "stimulates" you, hence the Stimulus Package thing. On the plus side, they do provide meals for you on the trail:thunb:.

Chris
September 15th, 2009, 10:59 PM
:lol: I never heard of KBPI and it's probably the last place I'd look for "stimulus." I do like free meals though!

Brody
September 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Nice to see that a radio station like KBPI can't run 'spel Czech'....that's impressive in it's own way.

KBPI is marginally better than listening to 'FOX' and having to grind though the idiocy of 'Spew Pus and Earwax'.. which seems to be a favorite of people working on construction sites...

Still, a "free" trip to Utah wouldn't be bad...

RockyMtnHigh
September 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Especially considering the audience that KBPI seems to want to attract (its a hard rock/metal station), I'll be staying away from that one.

Excuse me for asking, but what's wrong with people who listen to hard rock/metal?

Brody
September 16th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Good point...I seem to have my XM on AC/DC or Metallica as often as not when I am by myself...

RockyMtnHigh
September 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Good point...I seem to have my XM on AC/DC or Metallica as often as not when I am by myself...

:lol: If there's something wrong with listening to AD/DC or Metallica, I must be really screwed up, b/c there's Lamb of God (death metal) CDs in my rig, then again I also have some Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra in there too, so maybe they'll cancel out the bad.

Funrover
September 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah..... I am in trouble also. I do mostly a mix of Punk and Country... Wife loves AC/DC. I am not a into Lamb to much yet... but there are days!

colomil
September 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It says "no alcohol and drug use" so it might be a little more civilized than what one would expect from a station that "parties til their nuts catch fire..."

RockyMtnHigh
September 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I am not a into Lamb to much yet... but there are days!

Rob aka DrUnit loves it!!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2CirZulbHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCw-1wjy-DA&feature=related

"parties til their nuts catch fire..."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haku
September 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Excuse me for asking, but what's wrong with people who listen to hard rock/metal?

Its not so much the music, but the "on air personalities" on KBPI that worry me for the type of people on that trip. They aren't really any worse then any other Clear Channel ones, but its just seems like they try to attract the White Trash crowd more then most of the other stations, Country included. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe its changed recently. I like my AC/DC and Metallica and such too, just can't stand listening to that station. Then again, I nearly always have NPR on in my car if I get reception, so that says something. If I listen to a radio station with music, its nearly always 99.5 (The Mountain).

JH

Chris
September 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
The Mountain has gone too commercial even though it's aimed at my age group. I switched to KBCO which has better music and, like 95.5, doesn't have annoying "personalities. Best yet is my iPod. ;)

Haku
September 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I really like the "The Mountain" when it came on air 5-7 years ago, but its definitely slipped downhill since Clear Channel bought them a couple years ago. Definitely not as great as it was, but its better then most I suppose. I definitely prefer listening to my own stuff.

The best radio station in Colorado is "The River Rat" out of Salida. They have minimal adds, are very independent, and play great music pretty much all the time (if you like classic rock). The radio hosts are quite un-obtrusive as well. I remember the first time I was up there listening to it, I was like "yes, I've been wanting to hear that song lately" for every song they played for nearly 3 hours.

I really like the stereo I have in my Subaru. Its a JVC unit that you can plug a thumb drive into with all your MP3's, so its really easy to play stuff and change it out often. It also has DVD capabilities (both video and music) and can read data off it, so you can dump 4 gig of MP3's or WMV files on it too. Definitely makes for lots of decent high quality music.

JH

RockyMtnHigh
September 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Its not so much the music, but the "on air personalities" on KBPI that worry me

Hmm, yeah Willie and Uncle Nasty can stay home, Missy on the other hand, mmmmm!!!! :thunb:

billsbar
September 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm sure all will go fine and it will be a great family event, after all look how well Mud Fest went. lol

Roostercruiser
September 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sure all will go fine and it will be a great family event, after all look how well Mud Fest went. lol
didnt they close the trail . and ticketsome of the drivers

Funrover
September 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Its not so much the music, but the "on air personalities" on KBPI that worry me for the type of people on that trip. They aren't really any worse then any other Clear Channel ones, but its just seems like they try to attract the White Trash crowd more then most of the other stations, Country included.
JH

What's your deal? :mad: So because I listen to country I am white trash?

Haku
September 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
yep... definitely exactly what I meant.

JH

Funrover
September 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
yep... definitely exactly what I meant.

JH

Hope you get yours! :mad::mad: So were you always a judgemental punk or is this a more recent development?

Haku
September 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
ummm......sarcasm dude. Seems I've done it again. I seem to have a knack for pissing people off unintentionally on here.

Read the sentence you are getting pissy about, and tell me how it says that all people who listen to country are white trash?

People get on here all day and say much much more inflamatory things about what I care about and I don't take it personally, but when I saw a very innocous thing about country music you get all pissed off? WTF dude?

JH

billsbar
September 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
lol easy guys
1st my comments were sarcasm about how wrong mud fest turned
2nd Haku comment was tongue in cheek
3rd yes sir I is white trash, well more of a redneck white trash but I think you get the idear.

Whitey Jr
September 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
i got the redneck deal down actually currently im listening to kygo and am proud to say i love this channel.

Not to mention because the stereo in my jeep is better than most i get to piss of the ones around me with the music i love

and another note. Look at the state we live in there are going to be a handfull of the white trash folks going to thoes shows. as a group they pull some weird people to the shows because its broadcasted all over the denver metro and a little beyond

porkchop
September 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
i get kbpi all the way in ft. collins ill tune in sometimes i think its ok 90% of the songs are stupid in my opinion once in a blue moon i laugh at the show hosts besides that i dont like the radio and i listen to really heavy metal as far as being white trash not sure i suppose sometimes i look like white trash after work blaring some death metal in my grungy welders cloths but otherwise i dont care and i appreciate some classic rock from time to time i was raised on that but a wheeling trip with 29 people that listen to kbpi ya theres going to be no alcohol or drugs i find that hard to beleve esspecially with all there morning bong hit phone calls and the fact that pot is talked about half the time on that station im willing to bet most of the people will be sneeking something

billsbar
September 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I should of also said I don't do drugs but I do listen to KBPI in the shop and friends of mine have helped out Willy B And I like the part he plays on Pinks all out.

colomil
September 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Wow people are touchy about the "white trash" or "redneck" label. I would hate for this forum to turn into a politically-correct minefield.

Just chill and laugh about it. Just picture "white trash" in jeeps trying to do bong hits as they drive down a bumpy Moab trail :lol:...

Funrover
September 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Redneck is a good term LOL

colomil
September 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I am not certain of the exact differences, but "white trash' seems to be the urban equivalent of the rural "redneck". Also, where does "hillbilly" fit on this spectrum?

I can't keep all things categorized correctly. Somebody please school us on all this...

I know for certain that I fall in the "gearhead" category, as most of us do...

Rob
September 18th, 2009, 03:17 PM
... i appreciate some classic rock from time to time ...

Isn't "classic rock" a euphemism for "rock that old folks used to listen to?" :lol:

billsbar
September 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM
who you calling old Buster?

:-)

porkchop
September 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Isn't "classic rock" a euphemism for "rock that old folks used to listen to?" :lol:
im only 24 but i was raised on classic rock its better then country by far:D. on another note i dont care enough to catagorize myself call me what ever you want hell my nick name is pork chop.
i think a hill billy is basically a redneck with long hair that has more of a mumbling accent.
oh i just checked your stats and your 52 OLD MAN!!!!!!lol

Brody
September 21st, 2009, 07:01 AM
Well, having grown up south of the Mason Dixon Line, I guess that automatically qualifies me as 'redneck'. Even when I was in my long hair stage in the 60s and 70s, I was more of an armed redneck activist dude than a 'peace/lovey dovey touchy feely, turn the other cheek BS' sort of guy.

Still armed, still have an attitude, have way less hair, am way less tolerant of BS, still don't believe in the 'turn the other cheek crap', am now educated with a couple of degrees, like wrenching and all sorts of music with the exception of country, bluegrass and opera. And can't stand the idiocy of any of the radio show personalities...there should be a bounty on people that stupid...

So am I a well educated redneck? I don't even bother to try to tag a description on myself. What does it matter?

Josh was only being sarcastic. People have thin skins. The combination doesn't work....but does make for some interesting reading...

DETN8R
September 21st, 2009, 02:23 PM
I dont listen to the radio anymore. I just keep an iPod in the jeep on Shuffle and Repeat with a couple hundred songs on it.