PDA

View Full Version : Man-a-fre

Mporter
September 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
So I have been looking at this website for a while (Man-a-fre.com)

And they have quite an extensive collection of parts for all types of L/C's

I emailed them earlier this morning about their OME suspension kit and they promptly emailed me back within the hour (definite plus on the cust. service part).

I am just wondering if anyone has ever bought or knows someone who bought stuff from here and if it is a quality business.

Thanks, Matt

Brody
September 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I am just wondering if anyone has ever bought or knows someone who bought stuff from here and if it is a quality business.

They are one of the top names in the business and your experience with their customer service is reflective on their whole business ethic. Their parts are good, prices fair, and they stand behind their stuff. They have also been in business for years and years . I first heard their name back in the late 70s or early 80s.

Chris
September 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Man-it-aint-free is a good source though their prices are high, shipping higher and customer service after the sale subpar. I've used them without any real problems since they are often our only choice. Compare their OME kit against Cruiser Outfitters piece for piece rather than total price. Remember to include shipping which MAF does not provide until AFTER placing the order.

RockyMtnHigh
September 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I don't have any of their stuff, but I was going to pick up their skids for my FJ before I got a deal on my Buds. I know a couple of people with their LCAs and skids and they really like the stuff. I helped the guy who has the skids install them and they are beefy. As far as expense goes they are about average with everyone else in FJ Cruiser area, not sure about the other things they build.

A-TRAC
September 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
MAF definitely makes some quality stuff for Toyotas. I wouldn't buy OMEs from them though. Email trdparts4u.com.......they have been able to beat Toytec's (which is local - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php ) prices in the past.

Mporter
September 11th, 2009, 02:16 PM
MAF definitely makes some quality stuff for Toyotas. I wouldn't buy OMEs from them though. Email trdparts4u.com.......they have been able to beat Toytec's (which is local - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php ) prices in the past.

Why wouldn't you buy OME's from them?

A-TRAC
September 11th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Because of price. The best deals I have seen on OME and ARB products are from Toyota of Dallas (trdparts4u.com). They have excellent customer service as well. Besides that, it's the same product. You can get it anywhere.

Mporter
September 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Ah i gotcha. Yeah i've seen em anywhere from $1200 to $1800 but i'm still pricing em out before I do anything

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 02:28 PM
May I repeat: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_60series_dakar.html

You've got a 60 series, buy from a 60 series guy. ;)

Go with the "ultimate" while you're at it. If you buy elsewhere make sure you get all the parts. Putting a new suspension on your truck is not the time to skimp. If you do you end up buying the other parts later and tripling your labor.

Light/Medium Duty Kit 2"- 3" Lift
Front springs designed for 0 to 110lbs additional FRONT load (winch, bumper, etc.)
Rear designed for 0lbs to GVM additional REAR load (tire carrier, bumper, etc.)
Ultimate L/M Kit (Includes EVERYTHING) Part# ED60ULM - $1495.50
(Retail Price - $1953)
Includes:
2 - CS003F Front OME Emu Dakar Leaf Springs
2 - N88/92 Front Nitrocharger Shock Absorber (N88 gives firmer ride & positive feel)
2 - CS017R A/B Rear OME Emu Dakar Leaf Springs
2 - N94/N95 Rear Nitrocharger Shock Absorber
4 - SB1 OME Poly Spring Bushing Kits
1 - OMEGS2 OME Greasable Front Shackle Kit
1 - OMEGS1 OME Greasable Rear Shackle Kit
2 - OMEGP1 OME Greasable Pin Kit
1 - OMESD24 OME Steering Stabilizer
8 - OMEU51/59B OME U-Bolts & Nuts

If you can't afford the whole shebang now just add a leaf on each spring and save until you can.

Mporter
September 11th, 2009, 02:31 PM
For sure Chris, im with ya on that.

I was thinking the Medium kit actually (ultimate of course)

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM
The heavy costs only a few dollars more IIRC and by removing one leaf you have the medium. Small price for 4 leafs sitting around for future use. I have heavies front & rear and am very happy with them as are the majority of people. Talk to Kurt and he'll tell you the same thing.

For the record Kurt is a rare breed, especially in the retail trade. I called him from a motel parking lot in Utah needing a fuel pump. He advised me that it didn't sound like it was my pump (he was right) but would overnight one to me if I wanted him too. He would go anywhere in his state to help someone in need. He's been known to walk people through knuckle rebuilds on the phone and gives his time freely even on weekends. I buy all my parts from Kurt if possible, we need more guys like him.