PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Section Solution

Chris
September 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
If you haven't noticed the changed 'yellow section' please do not drive any ledge roads :lol:

It's not as compact as the previous version but it's now fully automatic. When an event is posted on the calendar it will appear in the box w/o me having to do anything. This will solve many issues surrounding this feature.

I'll add a few refinements but it will be pretty much as you see it now. The full list shows only on the main page thus the link which will bring you from any page to the main page.

Brody
September 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
How does it work?:D

Best solution of all! Thanks Chris!

Mr6dwg
September 2nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
It separated the Sept 26 and the 27 for Moody Hill, Crystal Mountain and Kelly Flats. Signing up for the run can be done on both days.

Chris
September 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
It shows exactly what the person who entered it put in. If an event is listed as covering two days it's listed on each day. That's the way it works which has both good points and bad points. If someone can only make one day of the run/camping trip, etc they should only RSVP for that day. If they're making all days they should RSVP for all days.

It's not a perfect system but it's better than anything else I've found.

Chris
September 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
I've made changes to the RSVP as shown below. As it now shows you must RSVP each day to multi-day events so everyone knows how many will show up for each day.

WINKY
September 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I knew mr admin could do it!!!! YAY!!!!

Chris
September 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
One more change. The person who posts a run to the calendar now has the ability to delete it as well. So if you post a run and decide you can't make it you can delete it to avoid confusion. Of course if others have signed on as being there this would not be a very good idea and you (not me) will have to answer the people you tick off. ;)

Chris
September 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Last thing, I removed the avatars to reduce scrolling and make it easier to see who's going.

WINKY
September 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
sweet!

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Deleting a calendar event: 2 steps show below in reverse order.

First "Edit"
Second "Delete"

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Lastly, I changed the way it displays to a much more compact style separating the events with bullets rather than on new lines. I haven't found any other page that this messes up so if you do please let me knw because it's a site wide variable change that I hope didn't mess up anything else.

Chris
September 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Last change, maybe/maybe not as I try to refine it a bit more. I added an image marking each run to make it easier to find and eliminated the multi-day option to prevent 3 different "events" being shown. New multi-day events will now show only once in the yellow section but will be clear assuming the posted gives a proper write-up in the description.

Brody
September 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Chris!

Chris
September 6th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks to Rob for his constructive criticism :thunb:

WINKY
September 7th, 2009, 10:39 PM
the site is betting better and better by the day!