PDA

View Full Version : Moab / Labor day weekend

Trailrat99XJ
August 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM
We will be there Friday evening and plan to come home Monday Morning! Just going to chill and do some easy trails this trip. Don't know what trail we are going to do but I try and update with more info.

JeepersCreepers
August 27th, 2009, 07:49 AM
You already know I'll be there with another rig and possibly an atv. :thunb:

Pathrat
September 2nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hugh and I will be in Moab Saturday by noon. We have relatives staying in town but we will be camping somewhere. I am not going to change/dictate/blah blah blah anyone's plans but thought I would post up mine. Others are welcome

Saturday: Hidden Canyon, Bartlett Canyon, Hidden Canyon Overlook...series of easy, scenic fun trails north of Moab, off Dubinky Wells Road. All are in the Wells Book and some are on traildamage.

Sunday: Sevenmile and Wipe Out Hill

One stop we try to do each time is an after trail beer at the Slick Rock. You guys have my number

Toadman26
September 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
perfect. We will figure out our plans and might join.

Toadman26
September 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
We will have a condo with beer as well :)

JeepersCreepers
September 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'll give ya a call on saturday. Probably wont be there till mid to late afternoon saturday, so may have to wait till sunday for some wheeling. I'll be on cb channel 4 for those with a cb.

Pathrat
September 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Josh, glad to see you are going too.

We won't get there until around noon Saturday, or as sooner if we can get the hell out of Denver sooner.

If anyone wants to ride along with us that afternoon or Sunday, you all are welcome.

JeepersCreepers
September 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
We'll probably meet up with you on sunday for some runs since I have never been out there and need to find time to get a trail book. might have to just pick one up when i get there sat afternoon.

Trailrat99XJ
September 3rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
We will be on Steel bender Saturday morning and then probably Kane Creek in the afternoon! Call me when you guys get into town if interested. have fun and be careful!!

Pathrat
September 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
We will be on Steel bender Saturday morning and then probably Kane Creek in the afternoon! Call me when you guys get into town if interested. have fun and be careful!!

Thanks for putting up your plans! :)

We are taking it easy north of town on arrival Saturday, since we will have just driven from Denver, and later we are meeting my aunt and uncle for dinner. Last Labor Day we found plenty of camping at Sand Flats and hope we can do the same this trip.

Chris
September 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
need to find time to get a trail book. might have to just pick one up when i get there sat afternoon.

Barnes & Noble has them, get the Charles Wells Moab book and you'll be in good shape. Good reading material for your passengers to read to you on the drive.

Pathrat
September 3rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
We'll probably meet up with you on sunday for some runs since I have never been out there and need to find time to get a trail book. might have to just pick one up when i get there sat afternoon.

I am not sure which "you" you meant but if it was me, I was thinking Sevenmile trailhead at 9am Sunday.

There is a bookstore on Main Street (hwy 191) , just north of Center (runs E-W) on the left hand side. It is called "Back of Beyond". I have bought most of my area maps from their store and I believe they have the Wells book. You can find a number of Utah trails on traildamage too. :)

JeepersCreepers
September 4th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Barnes & Noble has them, get the Charles Wells Moab book and you'll be in good shape. Good reading material for your passengers to read to you on the drive.

My passangers there will be my 7 & 8 year old girls and they like reading about as much as I like sushi :D

[QUOTE=Pathrat;57254]I am not sure which "you" you meant but if it was me, I was thinking Sevenmile trailhead at 9am Sunday.

So by 'you' I meant Pathrat. If it's ok with ya that we ride some trails with ya. If not I understand :(

Pathrat
September 4th, 2009, 09:31 PM
My passangers there will be my 7 & 8 year old girls and they like reading about as much as I like sushi :D

[QUOTE=Pathrat;57254]I am not sure which "you" you meant but if it was me, I was thinking Sevenmile trailhead at 9am Sunday.

So by 'you' I meant Pathrat. If it's ok with ya that we ride some trails with ya. If not I understand :(

Well yeah! OMG I hope you are kidding with that last one! :eek: Was Funrover talkin' smack again???

:D I put the trailhead and time up in case you wanted to come!