PDA

View Full Version : A place to call home. . . .

rth
August 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone. I'm Randy - I work in Boulder and live near Lefthand Canyon (2 minutes from the OHV park - don't have to go far to get a cold beer for that after-wheelin' BSing :D ).

My wheelin' experience has been on hold last 20 years or so, although I've got 3 boys who are eager to experience more offroading to show for it now.

My rig was a suitable "clunker" that I decided to keep, mainly because it's paid for and modified. It's basically stock as far as the suspension/drivetrain is concerned, although it's got some add-a-leafs and 31x10.5's.

Most mods have been engine-wise. It's a 302 5-speed with an upgraded hi-performance cam, intake manifold, ECU/injectors, headers, and ignition. I just installed front and rear receivers for a Ramsey 9000 winch and wired in a dual battery/relay setup.

I'm contemplating lifting it a couple inches (nothing drastic) and changing the gearing (3.55 is a bit high) while adding a locker of somesort (most likely selectable), but, well. . . that may have to wait a bit until I work up the nerve to attempt it. :eek:

I'm glad to be part of the group - and can't wait for more!

Here's a few pictures of it on Johnny Park Rd earlier this summer -

Funrover
August 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome, good to see another Full size rig in the mix!

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see another full size rig here, too!

Hope to see you on an upcoming run! Lotta people have kids that like to get outside and wheel on this site, so you will be in good company!

We have quite a few runs posted, but if you aren't familiar with the trails, ask to see if they are suitable for a full size. Some certainly aren't.

WINKY
August 25th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone. I'm Randy -

no im randy....

Welcome!!!:thunb:

Roostercruiser
August 25th, 2009, 11:37 AM
hi and welcome nice truck:thunb:

KnuckleHead
August 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Welcome aboard.... nie lookin F-150 you got there...

ShutUpHippie
August 25th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome! If you ask the other Randy (DEEZLPWR), he'll tell you that any trail is good for a full-size :lol:

Chris
August 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Nice to have you here Randy! Watch the yellow section on the top of the page for runs we'll be doing and see which works for you. The upcoming Stockers w/o Lockers would be a good start!

:welcome:

cfr
August 25th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Welcome! Here's a pic of us with sd_carl (H3T) on Johnny Park road.

Funrover
August 25th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cool pic!

Brody
August 26th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Welcome! If you ask the other Randy (DEEZLPWR), he'll tell you that any trail is good for a full-size :lol:

And Randy, along with Andrew, Chris and Roland will also mention that rock rails might be a good addition to your rig to avoid expensive body work....:D

gm4x4lover
August 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm contemplating lifting it a couple inches (nothing drastic) and changing the gearing (3.55 is a bit high) while adding a locker of somesort (most likely selectable), but, well. . . that may have to wait a bit until I work up the nerve to attempt it. :eek:

welcome aboard:wave:

I have a 1990 f150 basically same set up. I run 3" lift coil springs only with no drop brackets and then the camber adjustment shims to fix the problem and then a 4 " rear home built spring pack. I normally run with 33's (255/85/16) or my off road tires 34x10.50x15 ltb's. I had to trim a little and for a little while i ran some 35's on 10" wide wheels but i thought they were to tall for the 3.55 gears. If you did a similar lift in front in combination with a 2" body lift you could easily clear 35's (for cheap) and then swap in 4.56's.

Your f150 is a super nice clean truck and ui cant get enough of the reg cab long beds. :thunb:

colomil
August 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Welcome!
Lift that F150 with some long radius arms and put some 35" tires on that bad boy! Throw a locker in that rear 8.8 and you should be able to run with all these punks in thier cherokees & wranglers!

Then come out and race it in my short course series (shameless plug)!

1freaky1
August 27th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Welcome to the group, good to see another FS Ford on here. If you have any ?s just ask and there plenty of knowledgeable folk on here to help out.