PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek August 23rd

Brody
August 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
A group consisting of Josh, Adrian, his friend John, Joe and his family, and LaDawn and I met up at Downieville to run Spring Creek. As usual, there was a big line up at the Wall, and the right side was blocked by a rig with axle problems. Everyone except Josh and Adrian turned around here to take the switchback that bypasses the wall obstacle.

We had no issues on the rest of the trail, though people took different lines through the Rock Garden. We stopped for lunch at the top and headed down Cascade Creek to finish the day out.

Good day, good folks, good weather and no breakage! Good to see everyone again!

We didn't get too many pictures, but the best one we got was on the drive home when we passed a lady on a motorcycle who had her black dog in a doggy box on the back. The dog was wearing a pair of pink aviator style goggle and seemed to be liking the ride...

Brody
August 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
The last we got:

Chris
August 23rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Glad you guys had a good run. I sure wish I was able to make it. My only consolation is I don't have to worry about my house wiring burning up any more.

Thanks to LaDawn for the electrician referral.

Brody
August 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks to LaDawn for the electrician referral.

He is a good guy and has helped out everyone we have ever referred him to.

Haku
August 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
A group consisting of Josh, Adrian, his friend John, Joe and his family, and LaDawn and I met up at Downieville to run Spring Creek. As usual, there was a big line up at the Wall, and the right side was blocked by a rig with axle problems. Everyone except Josh and Adrian turned around here to take the switchback that bypasses the wall obstacle.

We had no issues on the rest of the trail, though people took different lines through the Rock Garden. We stopped for lunch at the top and headed down Cascade Creek to finish the day out.

Good day, good folks, good weather and no breakage! Good to see everyone again!

We didn't get too many pictures, but the best one we got was on the drive home when we passed a lady on a motorcycle who had her black dog in a doggy box on the back. The dog was wearing a pair of pink aviator style goggle and seemed to be liking the ride...

Holy Crap!!!! That girl on the bike is my friend Jamie and her dog Rin. She is one of my best friends, and also the person who got me my current job. She is probably the biggest dog lover I know, and that dog has been to every motorcycle club in Denver with her (even the sketchy ones). I knew before the pic even came up that it was her you were talking about.

Anyways, I had a great time today, and yet again the truck just sucks up all the abuse and plows through. Definitely some rock rash on my rear driveshaft now, and I got to test the newly installed rock rails, but other then that, it did awesome and no breakage.

That said, I'm set for Spring Creek for this season. Thats the 4th time I've been up it this year, not including the Scout mission, or us going and playing on the wall obstacle after the Red Cone trip. Definitely want to do something else given the choice. Great trail, just don't want to do the same trail too many times in a summer, considering there are a ton of other ones I have not gotten onto.

JH

Brody
August 23rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Now how funny is that!

You are going to have to tell her that the weird people taking pictures of her in the black Yota are friends of yours! Tell her it was nice to see her, too!

Haku
August 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Now how funny is that!

You are going to have to tell her that the weird people taking pictures of her in the black Yota are friends of yours! Tell her it was nice to see her, too!

Oh I plan to for sure. She is super friendly and cool, plus she used to wheel too (former boyfriend had a pretty built up Jeep). The current boyfriend is a motorcycle person, and was probably just in front of her on his Triumph Bonneville Thruxton (its a cafe racer style bike).

A tiny bit bummed that there are no pics of me, but its all good. Its nice to get out a run that you just cruise and don't worry about stuff, even if you feel a bit lonely sometimes. We definitely were keeping it slow but steady, and hardly stopped at all except for some of the bigger obstacles and lunch. Either way it was a really great time, and as always was awesome to get out wheeling.

JH

gm4x4lover
August 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Nice run. I think i would like to run it again this year. Whos sweet k5? I am really itching to build another one.

greenramp
August 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Good times!!!! Great meeting Adrian and John. My family and I very much enjoyed the company we had. I think I have one of the front group...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/greenramp/CIMG0257.jpg

Brody
August 24th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Nice run. I think i would like to run it again this year. Whos sweet k5? I am really itching to build another one.

The Blazer belongs to Adrain's friend John, who lives in Breck. He works at a dealership and you don't even want to know what he picked the Blazer up for....it would make you weep, it was such a steal...

Brody
August 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
A tiny bit bummed that there are no pics of me, but its all good. Its nice to get out a run that you just cruise and don't worry about stuff, even if you feel a bit lonely sometimes. We definitely were keeping it slow but steady, and hardly stopped at all except for some of the bigger obstacles and lunch. Either way it was a really great time, and as always was awesome to get out wheeling.

JH

Would've had some of you through the Rock Garden, but was helping the Jeep guys behind us with a power steering leak and trying to dig up stuff to get it fixed...I wanted to see what line you took through it, too...

Smash
August 24th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Greenramp - saw you at the idaho springs exit off of I-70. You were turning left to head eastbound on 70, we were coming off 70 turning left to idaho springs. Karla and I were on my black sport tourer (short black shield, black bags), both wearing full face helmets and I wear a high viz jacket. Good lord your rig is AWESOME.

greenramp
August 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you. I have not really put it to too many tests of of yet. Twice now I have unseated the rear springs so it is time to get some cones. I am also looking at some more mods if time and money are available. I actually had some carnage as I bumped a tree with the front bumper, darn now I need to build a new one :D

Funrover
August 24th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Great pics, sounds like all had fun!:thunb:

Thank you. I have not really put it to too many tests of of yet. Twice now I have unseated the rear springs so it is time to get some cones. I am also looking at some more mods if time and money are available. I actually had some carnage as I bumped a tree with the front bumper, darn now I need to build a new one :D

You can use my bumper as a template/idea if it helps.

Roostercruiser
August 24th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Greenramp are you still selling it ?

Funrover
August 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Greenramp are you still selling it ?

In another post he decieded to keep it.. He does have a Sami for sale now I think!

greenramp
August 24th, 2009, 12:03 PM
No I went drastically in the opposite direction. I am keeping the sammi and the rover and eliminated all car payments by my wife getting rid of her Disco. I didn't want her too but it was her decission, and contribution toward the family.

I promised her a new vehicle in the economic turn around, Mine that is.

Funrover
August 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
No I went drastically in the opposite direction. I am keeping the sammi and the rover and eliminated all car payments by my wife getting rid of her Disco. I didn't want her too but it was her decission.

I promised her a new vehicle in the economic turn around, Mine that is.

REALLY!!!! YOU SOLD THE DII????????? :eek::eek:

greenramp
August 24th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Yep. :( All for the better of the fam, like I said we have no car payments now.

Funrover
August 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Just shocked.. that's all! I liked that DII. Oh well Better for the fam is what matters

greenramp
August 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Speaking of this, gentleman If you see my rig downtown during the week expect my wife to be driving, not me. I'll be up North in the Sammi.

AboveNBeyond
August 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I like no payments... to bad I still have one... :erm:

Joe if I see the Rover, I will be sure to keep the hand gestures in order. :thunb:

What's up north, personal, or worth mentioning?

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 06:18 AM
We are big on no car payments, too. I don't either of us have had a car payment for a very long time. I know that I haven't had one for over 25 years...

WINKY
August 25th, 2009, 09:34 AM
i will be %100 debt free july next year.

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Now that is an accomplishment!

Funrover
August 25th, 2009, 10:53 AM
i will be %100 debt free july next year.

How unpatriotic of you..LOL

WINKY
August 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
it will be the second time in my life ive been debt free. i first did it when i was 24 (still had the house i bought when i was 22)

Roostercruiser
August 25th, 2009, 11:53 AM
it will be the second time in my life ive been debt free. i first did it when i was 24 (still had the house i bought when i was 22)

off topic but i was watching south park last nite and the resemblence is undeniable :D

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Is that where the avatar is from? I have never seen South Park. From what I understand about the show and having worked there, it sounds like I would recognize a lot of the characters....

Chris
August 25th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I've never seen it either Pete but my brother told me he watched it once and found it hilarious. Later he remembered he'd spent the day painting without ventilation. :rolleyes: