PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone,

huey9876
August 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM
My name is Steve, I am new to the 4X4 community. I drive a stock 2009 Toyota Tacoma with the TRD package. I retired from the Air Force in 1997 and have spent the last 12 years raising the family. My last daughter, got married on August 8th. The last 4X4 I drove was a Hummer during Desert Storm. I am a disable vet and my wife, Patti and I are looking for some easy trails we can enjoy. Looking forward to meeting some of the other members. Any easy trail recommendations just let me know.

Thanks,

Steve and Patti

Funrover
August 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome. Where in CO do you want to head first? there are a bunch of trails you can do!

Rob
August 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Welcome, Steve and Patti.

Easy's a relative term, depending on your rig, ability and patience. And trails in Colorado tend to change, sometimes overnight.

That said, Rampart Range down your way has some easy to moderate trails. Up this way, you could try Switzerland Trail or Bunce School Road. Pole Hill Road's a fun day, with a little moderate challenge but mostly on the easy side.

If you don't know about it yet, check out traildamage.com. Just keep in mind that the ratings are subjective.

Chris
August 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Steve & Patti! As I mentioned in my email the Saturday, August 29th: 2nd Annual Stockers w/o Lockers Run (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-8-29&e=61&c=1) would be a great way to start and meet a bunch of the folks here too.

:welcome:

Roostercruiser
August 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM
first off thank you for your service I salut you. second congrads to your daughter. if you want to find out about a trail with pixs look at our trail run reports and just look to see what yu would like to run.

1freaky1
August 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Steve and Patti thank you both for the time in service, If anyone doesn't think about it a military wife goes thru as much and a service member does. Welcome to the group and take time to look around there is a lot of info on here and good folks that are willing to help out especially on the trails. Congrats on your daughters getting married too.
Another good tip for you is to let everyone know what days works best for the two of you for wheelingcause we have such a varied group and schedules.

Hypoid
August 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard!

There is a lot of fun to be had in your neck of the woods. If some place looks interesting, just ask, someone here has run it.

huey9876
August 22nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Not to sure, I thought I would try the trail by monument. I was up there with a friend in the spring and he made it with a KIA. If work permits I will see you next weekend for the stockers w/o lockers.

Steve

Medic-5150
August 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Welcome! I drive a stock rig too. The run this Saturday is an awesome run. It does have some challenging spots in it for a full size rig. Definitely doable though. Hope to see ya there!

KnuckleHead
August 23rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Welcome aboard....

Brody
August 23rd, 2009, 03:53 AM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it. All sorts of different rigs here, too. Plenty of room. We just like to get out and do some wheeling!

WINKY
August 24th, 2009, 11:26 AM
:welcome::fr4x4:

Roostercruiser
August 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM
thats a nice yota i finally saw some pics:thunb:

AboveNBeyond
August 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Steve & Patti! As I mentioned in my email the Saturday, August 29th: 2nd Annual Stockers w/o Lockers Run (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-8-29&e=61&c=1) would be a great way to start and meet a bunch of the folks here too.

:welcome:

LOL yeah... that's a way to get broken in. "Welcome to 4wheeling, this here is Red Cone... " :eek:

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Looks like I missed this one!

Welcome to the forum, Steve and Patti!

Thanks for your service, too, BTW!

Any questions that you have on trails (or anything else) please ask. We do runs for all sorts of rigs, stockers on up...

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks to everyone for welcoming us to the group. We look forward to making some of the runs and meeting with the other members of the group.

Steve & Patti

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 05:51 PM
TwistedBronk,
Patti and I drove up there last Sunday. I posted our first pictures on the site. The truck had 400 miles on it and it did great! Patti wasn't too thrilled with the road having no guard rail and steep drop off's. She is going to have to get used to it I hope.

Chris
August 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Have you decided on the Stockers w/o Lockers run coming up this weekend Steve?

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
1freky1 and cowboyjarman,

Thanks for the nice posts. Patti and I traveled the world together, had 4 daughters, had some great times and some not so great times. (like deployments and being sent to war). I did it gladly to keep the freedoms all Americans enjoy today. Sometimes I think Americans forget how good we have it. All they need to do is visit a country in the middle east to relize how free we truly are.

Steve & Patti

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Chris,

I am hoping to come. My boss has mentioned that he wants me to work this weekend on a project that is comming up. I what to play. We will see who wins out. The good thing is I have a great boss.

Steve

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 06:03 PM
WWJJEEPER,
where were you. I was at KKMC, Riyadh, Daharan, and Kuwait City. I met up with a lot of Marines. God I felt sorry for you guys. You really live hard. I was in Red Horse and worked with the Army and Navy Seabees.

huey9876
August 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Way to go!!

My nephew is a capt. in the Marines. It looks like they are going to medically retire him soon because of a TBI. He has a video of a suicide bomber blowing up a dump truck at his compound. when the people who were video taping the explosion were leaving his men lit them up and recoved the tape. Gotta love the Marines, shoot first asked questions later.

Steve

Brody
August 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Gotta love the Marines, shoot first asked questions later.

Steve

Something to be said about the "Kill them all. Let god sort 'em out" attitude. Something we should have done to the whole Middle East about 50 years ago....

WINKY
August 27th, 2009, 06:46 AM
"Kill them all. Let god sort 'em out"

amen.

huey9876
August 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM
DEEZLPWR, Brody and WJJEEPER,

Got to wonder about a society that says you can date your camel, but get stoned (with rocks not the other kind) for going out with a woman.

BOYoda
August 27th, 2009, 08:48 PM
hi welcome. hope you have fun here
robert

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
DEEZLPWR, Brody and WJJEEPER,

Got to wonder about a society that says you can date your camel, but get stoned (with rocks not the other kind) for going out with a woman.

My kids staged a picture with their step-brothers: my daughter with the Muslim head scarf her dad brought back from Afghanistan, and the three boys behind her with rocks aimed...she was posed reading a book.

WINKY
August 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
there was a article somewhere i read, went along the lines of this:

How can we rely or trust in a culture that intentionally chooses not to follow suit with modern technology or social beliefs? They basically are living the life as it was lived a thousand years ago.

pretty much living in the stone age due to a religion or belief really hinders any kind of positive motion towards a better and harmonious civilization. Of which would probably make many things much better....