PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-a-Trail run, third try

Rob
August 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
To keep Chris from getting disgusted with the rest of us and shutting down my favorite forum and making me hunt around for another all-inclusive non-club club with no leaders (and no followers?) that lets me go on trail runs with people whose company I enjoy and don't make fun of me when I get myself in precarious situations (wait for it, the sentence is coming to an end soon), I'm going to try to organize (without really seeming to organize) the second Barbour Forks/Devil's Canyon trail cleanup run for the year. (That might be the longest introductory clause I've ever written. It won't happen again.) Chris just looks laid-back, what with that beard, quiet demeanor and anachronistic '60s look. You never know when he'll have (gratuitous '60s counterculture reference alert!!!) an MAF and pull the plug.

I (not I, really, but Front Range 4x4; just think of me as a proxy for the site) need at least one other member to join me to make it an official cleanup run.

Anyone?

Rob

Smash
August 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Possible dates please?

EDIT - if it's still planned for the 5th unfortunately I'm still out. I will have family in town from Pennsylvania. And no, they aren't the kind of people that find dirt fun unfortunately.

Rob
August 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry. Yes, it's Chris' original date: Saturday, Sept. 5. It's on the calendar. I'm sure others have other plans, too. But with 200 members ...

dr350jja
August 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I had my calendar set for August 15 to do the clean up. Don't think I can make it Labor Day weekend??

1freaky1
August 15th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I will be in on it! One way or another.

Brody
August 15th, 2009, 02:36 AM
It is on mine, too. Thanks Rob! LaDawn's asleep, so all that remains is that I check with her...

How about a few more people? I have seen more people turn out for a dental visit and they charge big $$!!

Roostercruiser
August 15th, 2009, 03:01 AM
i diidnt see this post. i posted my response on the othet tread. but im most likely in . but a couple of hours later im comin from kansas.

Haku
August 15th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I'm not at the point where I can say yes or no with this, since my schedule changes daily and I can't begin to guess if I will be free that day. That said, if I am free, then I will certainly be there. I'll know within a week of the cleanup or so whether I can be there or not.

JH

Pathrat
August 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM
This time, I am going on vacation to southern Utah. Work has sucked and I have no time off coming up soon. I regret missing what would be my fourth or so clean up, but I it looks like a few people are stepping up to donate a few hours for the forest service, representing Front Range :)

Thanks Rob, I appreciate what you are doing. :thunb: Patrolman, sorry to hear why you aren't on this one. :(

Patrolman
August 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Patrolman, sorry to hear why you aren't on this one. :(

It has been a tough season to say the least. I can't wait for this summer to be over and move on to greener pastures.

Brody
August 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Yes, Thanks to Rob for getting people involved in going on this clean up.

It is all in our best interests to do this, so the more involved we can get (with the exclusion of helping the FS post 'trail closed' signs), the better.

I realize that people have other things that they would rather be doing, but keep in mind that some of the people who have participated in these clean ups are also people who have the most limited amount of 'free time'. These people still show up and do their part. Use them for an example as they certainly set one.

I don't have (or have had this year) any "extra" money and would rather spend my gas money on a different trail run...but just like the last clean up, I am going to spend my gas money to contribute to this as I feel it is a good thing to do.

That said, are there any folks who are interested in doing another trail after the clean up? There are a lot of trails that are close by.

Haku
August 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Brody, you don't even have to ask with me as I'm always up for more wheeling. Have anything specific in mind? I'm burnt out on Spring Creek, so would rather do something else, but am up for whatever. I think some of us were planning on camping out that night before the Jenny Creek run the next day, but not totally sure. I know Charlie is out, due to issues with his rig, but not sure whats up with the Sunday trail run.

JH

1freaky1
August 30th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I wish I had the time to do another run after the clean up but I have to work that night.

WINKY
August 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
That said, are there any folks who are interested in doing another trail after the clean up? There are a lot of trails that are close by.

pete ill be on the cleanup and was wanting to do another trail and then camp overnight, then make it to white collars run on sunday then camp again!

Chris
August 30th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Charlie is out, due to issues with his rig, but not sure whats up with the Sunday trail run.

then make it to white collars run on sunday then camp again!

Some conflicting info here. :confused:

Haku
August 30th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Charlie said in another thread that during the "XJ suspension clinic" he found other issues with his Rig that are going to keep him off the trails for a while. Not sure if this means he won't be doing the Jenny Creek trip or not. If so, its not really "his run" anymore, so its either changing or someone else will have to lead. I'm sure we'll figure it out, and hopefully Charlie will chime in on what he is thinking.

JH

WINKY
August 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM

yeah i just realized that, i might make a different plan.:erm:

Haku
August 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
yeah i just realized that, i might make a different plan.:erm:

I might be in for "a different plan" depending on what other people want to do for the Jenny Creek trip. Charlie and I are the only people RSVP'd yes on the Jenny Creek trip, so we'll see whats up with it. Just talked to Charlie, and he needs longer break lines, new bushings, and a few other things to get his rig back into wheeling condition again. He put 4 inch lift springs on his rig, which is about the top end you can do before upgrading control arms and such. He isn't sure if that will get done before the 6th due to financial constraints, so that trail run may or may not happen depending on whether other people are interested in going on it, and if someone is willing to take the reins on being the "leader" of said trip.

JH

WINKY
August 30th, 2009, 01:58 PM
im going to post a option for some for after cleanup. check the trail run planning.

Funrover
August 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Bad timing for me, I already had plans.

Chris
August 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yes, Thanks to Rob for getting people involved in going on this clean up.

Yes, thanks Rob. It's beginning to look like I might be able to make it unless Barb says "Let's go now" in the next couple days. :o

BlackRubi
August 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM
To keep Chris from getting disgusted with the rest of us and shutting down my favorite forum and making me hunt around for another all-inclusive non-club club with no leaders (and no followers?) that lets me go on trail runs with people whose company I enjoy and don't make fun of me when I get myself in precarious situations (wait for it, the sentence is coming to an end soon), I'm going to try to organize (without really seeming to organize) the second Barbour Forks/Devil's Canyon trail cleanup run for the year. (That might be the longest introductory clause I've ever written. It won't happen again.) Chris just looks laid-back, what with that beard, quiet demeanor and anachronistic '60s look. You never know when he'll have (gratuitous '60s counterculture reference alert!!!) an MAF and pull the plug.

I (not I, really, but Front Range 4x4; just think of me as a proxy for the site) need at least one other member to join me to make it an official cleanup run.

Anyone?

Rob

Wish I could - too bad I'm still owned by good ole Uncle Sam ...darn working life... :rolleyes:

4runner freak
August 31st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I'm out on this one too!:(
I'm going to be in CA on vacation.
That and I need to work on my 4runner.
I'd like to get at least one more run in this season, but I think I'm going to be out of luck, as I have no time to work on my 4runner let alone take it out.

DKDunn04
September 1st, 2009, 08:13 AM
Its looking like I will be there.

Roostercruiser
September 1st, 2009, 08:14 AM
ill make it but i really cantstay that long i need to be back by 1 pm for nieces b-day party. it also depends on when i get back off my route

Rob
September 1st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Its looking like I will be there.

Good deal. Hope you can make it, Kyle. :thunb:

DKDunn04
September 1st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Me too, I havent been able to make a run in a couple months.

Chris
September 3rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
I'll be there, my trip to AZ has been postponed. Rob is still organizing this ;)

I will have everyone's hats that ordered them as well as a couple unclaimed: light blue, white & pink are the only colors still available.

I will also have a bunch of stickers with me. :thunb:

If you know someone due a hat that will not be there you are welcome (and thanked) to pick it up Saturday and deliver for me. This would be a big help and will be rewarded with a couple free stickers. :cool:

Roo
September 4th, 2009, 12:39 AM
What all should we bring to this? Trash bags I would think. Lunch?

WINKY
September 4th, 2009, 01:02 AM
gloves pants water lunch garbage bags

Brody
September 4th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I'll grab a sticker or two for the 84 if you have a couple extra....

Rob
September 4th, 2009, 08:21 AM
gloves pants water lunch garbage bags

You can wear a shirt, too. :D

DKDunn04
September 4th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I want stickers! How much?

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Little ones - $1
Windshield size - $3

:cheers:

DKDunn04
September 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Sounds like a deal.

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I make 1¢ profit on each small one. ;)

1freaky1
September 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I make 1¢ profit on each small one. ;)

Well the pennies add up, just my :2c:. :lol:

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Saving them up for a McDonalds Happy Meal. :)

DKDunn04
September 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry guys, but my girlfriend isnt doing very well after surgery, so I need to stay home with her. Brody, I sent you a PM.

Roo
September 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry guys, but my girlfriend isnt doing very well after surgery, so I need to stay home with her. Brody, I sent you a PM.

That sucks Kyle. Hope she is feeling better soon. You are definitely making the right decision if she is not feeling good, she won't forgot that you took care of her during this time.

Chris
September 4th, 2009, 08:14 PM

That's the right choice, nobody can fault you for doing the right thing. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

DKDunn04
September 4th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you all for understanding. I hate backing out on things, but shes my baby, and I need to take care of her.

Haku
September 4th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hey Ya'll,

As it sits, I'm still going. Might change first thing, depending on how antsy the buyer for my Samurai is for his new rig. Its having issues still, and needs at least a day of work (a long one) but I'm hoping he can live with a delivery date later next week instead of tomorrow (was supposed to be today, but the carbs are proving to be a challenge (even after two days straight of working on it).

That said, Charlie (White Collar Redneck) wants to come along on this tomorrow, but his rig isn't up for wheeling yet. Anyone interested in meeting him somewhere up north of Denver? He lives in Brighton, but said he can meet someone anywhere up there right off I-25. Give him a call if you are interested (PM me for his number, don't want to post it for everyone to see).

JH

Rob
September 4th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I just left Charlie a message. If he calls me tonight or in the morning, I'll pick him up.

Rob
September 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Take care of her, Kyle. We'll catch you next time.

I'll see the rest of you goofballs in the morning.

And, Chris, this isn't my run. It's a collaborative effort from a bunch of like-minded folk who want to wheel and take care of trails. My run would include elephants, trained peregrine falcons, fireworks, a stop at a mountaintop golf course for a quick nine, escalope de veau savyorde for lunch, corkscrew trails down Dr. Suess mountains, buckets of M&Ms and dinner at any restaurant in downtown Vancouver.

Rob
September 4th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Charlie got back to me. I'll be picking him up in the morning.

white collar redneck dad
September 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I made contact with dr unit..I will be riding this one..thanks josh for posting.the desire for a ride along.
Charlie

Brody
September 5th, 2009, 05:21 AM
And, Chris, this isn't my run. It's a collaborative effort from a bunch of like-minded folk who want to wheel and take care of trails. My run would include elephants, trained peregrine falcons, fireworks, a stop at a mountaintop golf course for a quick nine, escalope de veau savyorde for lunch, corkscrew trails down Dr. Suess mountains, buckets of M&Ms and dinner at any restaurant in downtown Vancouver.

It is YOUR RUN and we do expect these things....and toss in an alien or two. I want to meet one just so that I can rest assured that we aren't the smartest life in the universe....

Chris
September 5th, 2009, 06:38 AM
My run would include elephants, trained peregrine falcons, fireworks, a stop at a mountaintop golf course for a quick nine, escalope de veau savyorde for lunch, corkscrew trails down Dr. Suess mountains, buckets of M&Ms and dinner at any restaurant in downtown Vancouver.

Post it Rob, it'll have a turnout of 200+ trucks for sure but I'll pass on the escalope de veau savyorde. I make a practice of not eating anything I can't pronounce.

DKDunn04
September 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Hope everyone had a good time, I hate backing out of things!!

brian pleasant
September 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hello...we would love to help out ..still in florida..