PDA

View Full Version : Pierson Park Rd this friday

SubaCool
July 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Anybody up for Pierson Park Rd this friday? We're planning on driving up from Central City through Apex, Rollinsville, Pierson Park rd to Estes Park. I've never been on Pierson, but from the descriptions I've found so far, it doesn't look any worse than Pole Hill (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm taking my family up there, and am pretty confident we could do it alone, but just in case, if anybody wants to join us... ;) My only concern is the long hill descent (coming from south to north on the trail), since I don't have low range. How difficult/long/rocky is it?

cfr
July 2nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
I was under the impression that Pierson Park Road should be run starting in Estes because it's very narrow, few places to turn around, and uphill has right of way. Check the Wells book.

SubaCool
July 2nd, 2009, 04:58 AM
I was under the impression that Pierson Park Road should be run starting in Estes because it's very narrow, few places to turn around, and uphill has right of way. Check the Wells book.
If you're refering to the Funtreks Northern Colorado trails by Charles A Wells, that's where I got the idea from. Anybody got experience with that road? Is it possible to do both ways, or is it better to come from North? I'm coming from Rollinsvile, and want to go check out Estes for a few hrs with the fam. I want to stay off hwy as much as possible (I know, i could just do it coming back, but not sure how tired the fam will be after Estes) :p

SubaCool
July 2nd, 2009, 07:10 AM
BUT there's a pretty nasty short climb sectiion about 1/2 mile from the end.
The Estes end? So is it a hill climb TO or FROM Estes?

We'll see what happens. My wife wants to have a nice day out, so we might just take it easy and do Pearson some other time. We'll see how we feel tomorrow ;)

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
There is a pretty good group going to Bill Moore Lake tomorrow, too, as an option if you can't get enough folks interested in doing this run..