PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Flats July 4th

FourLo
July 1st, 2009, 08:29 PM
Trying to get a run together. Anyone interested?

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 05:43 AM
How about adding Sevenmile to Kelly Flats or Moody/Crystal? There are all easy enough to do in conjunction with Kelly if you get started early enough.

Sevenmile is really close to Kelly Flats and can almost be run as a loop. Moody and Crystal are on the way back to town.

It would make for a fun day of wheeling no matter what other trails were run. We would be interested especially if another trail was thrown in. Ft Collins area is a pretty long drive for most of us, so a longer day of wheeling with some additional trails would make good sense.

Haku
July 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
I'd be up for a multi-trail run. Never done Kelly Flats or Sevenmile, but Moody/Crystal is one of my favorite trails, if not my very favorite. I'm sure its doable in a day. I'm fine with going into the night a bit if it takes longer. I would love to get out on the 4th though no matter what.

JH

FourLo
July 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
How about adding Sevenmile to Kelly Flats or Moody/Crystal? There are all easy enough to do in conjunction with Kelly if you get started early enough.

Sevenmile is really close to Kelly Flats and can almost be run as a loop. Moody and Crystal are on the way back to town.

It would make for a fun day of wheeling no matter what other trails were run. We would be interested especially if another trail was thrown in. Ft Collins area is a pretty long drive for most of us, so a longer day of wheeling with some additional trails would make good sense.

Sounds good to me. The only trail I have ever done up that way is Kelly Flats.

Jeepin Chef
July 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Thats Cool Im in..Jay.

DETN8R
July 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Maybe I'm in for this. The 100 mile drive isnt to appealing.

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I've never done Kelly Flats so will see if I can make it.

Haku
July 2nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Maybe I'm in for this. The 100 mile drive isnt to appealing.

I haven't been to Kelly Flats, but I know the drive to Crystal really isn't bad. About half of it is on I-25 and the other part is on back roads. Not too bad at all.

Not sure about you guys, but I'm thinking that watching fireworks from the top of Crystal Mountain sounds like a lot of fun. The only downside being that we'd have to wait till 9pm to see them. Suppose another option would be to tack on Left Hand Canyon, and watch them from the top of Firemans Hill. Its pretty neat seeing 4 or 5 different fireworks displays going off at once. Not dead set on that, but its an idea.

Hoping this is a good trip, since it might be the last I do in my Samurai before I sell it. Its not all sad though, since I'm getting a really neat rig to replace it.

JH

RidgeRunner
July 3rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
Is this run still on? I may be able to go, never done Kelly Flats.

Haku
July 3rd, 2009, 09:20 AM

I would still like to hit this up, and it sounds like others are interested. I threw a Calendar event up, so hopefully it gets approved soon and people can post up if they are going or not. I'm gonna start a thread in the "planned" trail run forum now too.

JH

FourLo
July 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM

I still plan to go.

Haku
July 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
There is a new thread in the "planned" forum now.....

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48382#post48382

Might pipe in over there and whoever is going should RSVP as such on the Calendar. Its not on the top banner yet, as it hasn't been approved by a Mod, but you can still RSVP. To do so, go here:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=96&day=2009-7-4&c=1

Cheers and I'll see ya'll on the trail. If any of what I posted doesn't work for anyone let me know. Its completely changeable and I don't mind altering it to work with other people.

JH

FourLo
July 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'm in it for Kelly Flats and maybe another trail.

Jeepin Chef
July 3rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
im going too.....720 883 7919 jay

Chris
July 3rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
I would still like to hit this up, and it sounds like others are interested. I threw a Calendar event up, so hopefully it gets approved soon and people can post up if they are going or not. I'm gonna start a thread in the "planned" trail run forum now too.

Just got home from today's run and it's added now Josh. BTW, I don't approve these, I just add them to the top of the page ;)

Brody
July 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Where did you go today, Chris?

You and Barb ought to do the Kelly Flats run...Cool trail with very different scenery...

Chris
July 5th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Today? We decided to drive out 285 until we saw all the traffic heading home up Crow Hill. We decided our plan was bad so we drove over Guanella Pass and goofed off on Saxon Mountain. Nice day overall especially taking frontage roads home and avoiding the I-70 crawl. ;)

Kelly Flats is on my list. Just waiting t see what my son's plans are when he gets back here tomorrow from Montana.

DETN8R
July 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I ended up running spring creek. Had no problems.