PDA

View Full Version : hey y'all

1bad4runner
July 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hey
I'm KC irprnces's cousin. I'm living in a windy town somewhere north of colorado right now but when (read "if") the money starts rollin in I'll be back to tear it up in my homestate. I love to get out in the dirt, and the mud and the rocks and so far my 4runner loves it too. Hopefuly get some pics up soon. Anyway she's still down in colo spgs for the time being until i can trailer it up here. Yeah go ahead and laugh at my "trailer queen" but she don't much like the highway and she may or may not be experiencing some overheating issues. (Brian i think i still owe you a couple bucks for the couple gallons of green stuff i boiled off for you lol) Anyway tech specs on the truck, its got a 22R-E that I might rebuild or swap with a 2L-TE (if anyone knows what that is or if i can find one in this country please let me know), or maybe a 305/350. decisions, decisions... thats turnin a stock 5 speed tranny, stock t-case, 4.88 gears, locked in the rear end, Optima Battery, K&N Filter, rancho shocks and 31" BFG All Terrains. future plans include the engine swap, 6 in lift, maybe a solid front axle swap, Atlas T-case and 5.13 gears and 38" Mickey Thompsons. All it takes is money right? Anyway hopefully I'll be back to wheelin soon. Anyway good to meet y'all and we'll see you on the trail!
KC

Swath
July 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
:welcome: Only 1 position left open.

white collar redneck dad
July 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the Group!!!

WINKY
July 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
:welcome:

Chris
July 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
The to Front Range! :welcome:

Looking forward to the pics!

Gecko Cycles
July 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM
:welcome:

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
Hey
got a 22R-E that I might rebuild or swap with a 2L-TE (if anyone knows what that is or if i can find one in this country please let me know), or maybe a 305/350. decisions, decisions...

Welcome to Front Range! Hope to see you on a run in the near future!

Don't bother swapping in another 4 banger...it ain't worth it. Do the 3.4L swap for about the same amount of $$ and you won't regret it. I got my 3.4L from Central Foreign Auto Parts with absolutely everything under the hood including the wiring harness and ECU for $1500. I had 8 wires to figure out on the harness, needed the V6 adapter plate to mate with the gear drive T case, but everything else was a direct bolt up. I added headers, an after market exhaust, fuel upgrade system, supercharger, decked the heads, after market intake and it is now puching over what a stock SB Chevy puts out. I love it...You will actually find yourself having to watch your speedometer for a change....

Oh...and my personal opinion and that of a couple of friends that have done the diesel swap is that all you are getting is a lot of work and money tossed at what amounts to a 'novelty Toyota'. The hp/power/torque gains are minimal. The people I know that have screwed with this now wish that they had spent less money and tossed in a 3.4L or small block. I would hate to spent $3500 and do all that work only to still go 45mph uphill in 3rd gear...

If you are bound and determined to waste your $$, then go to Specter Off Road

http://www.sor.com/

They will have all the junk you need to do it.

Warrlord
July 2nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
:welcome: aboard :thunb:

Funrover
July 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome! You should lead a few of us out on trips up there in WY. I have in-laws up in Glendo, WY. I have talked to a fair numdber of folks about the vast trail systems up there.. not the most technically demanding but beautiful and multi day. Medicine Bow area is also a great place to go! Hope to see you on some trails!

WINKY
July 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
i hear expedition in wyoming!

Funrover
July 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
i hear expedition in wyoming!

HELL YEAH!!! There is a lot out there I want to do!

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hmm, maybe some potential here.

1freaky1
July 3rd, 2009, 01:10 AM
:welcome:to the FR family!!!

1bad4runner
July 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Didn't know all that many people read the noob pages. Well hopefully I'll be able to go get the 'Runner this week so I'm looking forward to digging into it. Thanks Brody I appreciate the input! Well I found a guy at the shop up here has a 5.3 liter he's willing to part with for a decent price. so i'm thinkin that might be the way to go. Anyway thanks for the support and it seemd like more than a few of y'all want to come up here and play so i'll get to scoutin around.

ShutUpHippie
July 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Welcome! :cheers:

dr350jja
July 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
welcome!

BOYoda
July 5th, 2009, 10:40 PM
ima yota driver too. just keeping the 2.4 L
and i predict i wont get many speeding tickets any time soon
:)
rob

DKDunn04
July 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome, and pretty much everyone reads the noob section. Thats how we get to know people!

Mr6dwg
July 6th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Good Morning, and welcome to a great 4x4 club. I hope to see you, introduce myself, and do some rock climbing.

1bad4runner
July 7th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Show of hands, how many would be ready, willing and able to do a run up here before September or so? Please send me a message with how many days you would like to see/commit to and when it would work out for you within work and family and money and stuff. Also please let me know how far you are willing to go, and how many people you would be projected to bring (for logistics and meal planning and stuff) Then I'll find a spot suitable for the majority and set up the run. Thanks, I know its a bit to ask but its a ways up here so I want to make sure the proverbial ducks are in their rows and we can fit as many people as possible in. Thanks!!

WINKY
July 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
what are your plans? post them up in the trail planning section and get the discussion started there, once you got an idea and people wanting to join up put it in the planned trail run and on the calendar as well. just fyi i have a moab run slated for october that all are welcome.

Chris
July 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, what he ^ said. ;)

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Show of hands, how many would be ready, willing and able to do a run up here before September or so? Please send me a message with how many days you would like to see/commit to and when it would work out for you within work and family and money and stuff. Also please let me know how far you are willing to go, and how many people you would be projected to bring (for logistics and meal planning and stuff) Then I'll find a spot suitable for the majority and set up the run. Thanks, I know its a bit to ask but its a ways up here so I want to make sure the proverbial ducks are in their rows and we can fit as many people as possible in. Thanks!!

I will talk to the wife, see if I can't have her sisters join us from Casper/Douglas.