PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moore Lake July 3rd

Trailrat99XJ
June 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
We are finally going to head up to Bill Moore lake! Plan on meeting at the Safeway in Idaho Springs at 9:00 am.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=12

We will leave Safeway at 9:30 sharp! See you there!

Chris
June 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'm in for a Friday run. My son's visiting from HI but won't be around so I should be in.

Looks like I'm the only one to RSVP so far, maybe you could too Tim. ;)

Man Jerk
June 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hmmm...... interesting. I may try to run this with yall.

Toadman26
June 22nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
I am in. Hope to get to the lake.
:thunb:

Trailrat99XJ
June 22nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
The schedule reads Wednesday July 1st. Should be the 3rd. Thanks

Chris
June 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hmmm...... interesting. I may try to run this with yall.

It would be good to see you again Mark, do it!

The schedule reads Wednesday July 1st. Should be the 3rd. Thanks

Fixed it, Friday, the 3d.

Thank you!

:cheers:

Man Jerk
June 22nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
I don't have my sliders welded on yet, and I don't have my rear lock installed yet. I don't know if I can manage to get even one of these done by then. But if I can, which one would be more beneficial? Locker or sliders?

Trailrat99XJ
June 22nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
you can get by without a locker. No problem!!

Chris
June 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
I agree, get sliders on first. Do you have them but just need to weld them on?

Man Jerk
June 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Yea, I've got a trail gear kit. Just needs to be welded on.♦

Chris
June 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Let me know if you need someone to weld it for you Mark, I'll hook you up but you'd have to drive north a bit.

Pathrat
June 22nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
I gotta check to see that I have that Friday off, and not the following Monday, but if I am not at work, I will meet you all in Idaho Springs.

Man Jerk
June 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I changed to a maybe. Boss may make me work on Friday.

FangerFire88
June 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
hey i wil be off... me and the wife wanna go camping... so we might tag along if thats alright...

Chris
June 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Of course it's alright FangerFire!

Tim, do you have any idea of the time we'd be getting off the trail? My son's visiting and we're letting him take :princess: car to Montana which means I have to pick her up from work in the DTC.

Trailrat99XJ
June 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM
We will come down when you need too. We can get to the top in about an hour or so. I'm easy!! We can go up eat some lunch and come down. I know it's a busy time for everyone! I can always go do Spring Creek after Bill Moore!

Funrover
June 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Working a 12 hr shift that day.. Have fun!

Chris
June 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I'll be there and if I need to leave before everyone else that's fine. No need for everyone to because of my schedule. :thunb:

Pathrat
June 26th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I am still a maybe. The Ci-E-I-O is asking for 'volunteers' to work at one of the hospitals that is running their operating rooms that day. The company is offering 5 hours of time and a half. Too bad I am salary so their offer means nothing. I suspect a name will be drawn from a hat.

FangerFire88
June 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
so i have this super plan!!!
me and my wifew Brandi will be taggin along and will run bill moore with you guys, but THEN we are going to take the senic route down HWY 9 to HWY24, then head up to metberry gulch to go campping... if any one wants to, they can tag along!

white collar redneck dad
June 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm,,,my mom will be in town from Houston!! Taking a flatlander to Bill Moore???

Chris
June 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
That's a good one for that, it's where I took my daughter for her first off road experience.

Man Jerk
June 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hopefully my boss is just trying to get me all worked up. I'm planning on having friday off and coming along.

I'll have my 13 mo old Chloe with me too for her 1st trailride.

Chris
June 29th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Sounds good Mark, it's about time you got Chloe out. ;)

Man Jerk
June 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
You know it.

I've got my locker about 50% installed. Doubt I will get to my sliders yet. I had my wisdom teeth pulled on friday so I was pretty heavily medicated over the weekend.

FangerFire88
June 29th, 2009, 01:39 PM
quick question... would anyone want to run Kingston Peak before Bill Moore Lake??? its just a little bit out of the way and from what i can tell, it would be an awesome run... just throwing it out there....

Tee Hee
June 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I'm in for Friday, I have to be heading back by 4pm (kids/daycare/you know). I up for hitting spring creek or whatever time permitting.

Brody
June 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
quick question... would anyone want to run Kingston Peak before Bill Moore Lake??? its just a little bit out of the way and from what i can tell, it would be an awesome run... just throwing it out there....

If you are going to do Bill Moore Lake, the trails closest that are easiest to get to and way more fun to do are Mill Creek and Elephant Hill. These can all be run as a 'loop' with Bill Moore (as they all intersect) by starting on the Bill Moore trail, reversing when you get to the lake(which you have to do anyway), doing Mill Creek and then coming out via Elephant Hill. Or doing it the other way and running Elephant Hill the 'proper' direction.

Kingston is pretty much a nice dirt road with some bumps and views...

FangerFire88
June 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
oh... well it was an idea... would anyone want to do the mill creek loop then?

Chris
June 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I'm in for Friday, I have to be heading back by 4pm (kids/daycare/you know). I up for hitting spring creek or whatever time permitting.

I'll be there and have a similar time table.

Brody
June 29th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I only mentioned it because it makes for a pretty cool trail run as everything connects. All the trails/loops are about the same difficulty level and you aren't driving on pavement to get to another trail.

You could also probably find some sweet spots to camp in that area as well. I know Bill Moore Lake has camping right at the lake (or used to) and remember passing quite a few fire rings and camp sites along the trails.

With Metberry, you are going to be going almost back to Denver to pick up Hwy 285 then gettiing on 67 or going to the Springs to Woodland Park to do the same thing.

Kingston is only back to the St Mary's area near Idaho Springs..

If it we me, I would stick my camp stuff in myrig and find a cool spot on the Bill Moore stuff. There is a stream on the Mill Creek (probably Mill Creek) that had some cool spots by it, too..

FangerFire88
June 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
well we decided to do the bill moore/mill creek thing, and then head west to frisco, south to breakneck pass (somethin easy for her to try) and then hit china wall and camp near Tarryall.

WINKY
June 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Ok so i think i can go, i will go on multiple trails and head home when it gets dark. I will have my onboard gps computer ready to go and start tracking routes. so i am in!!!

FangerFire88
June 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
so plans changed again...
here is my weekend itenerary...
by the way, anyone is welcome to tag along.. the more the better!!!

Gonna start with ya'll and do Bill Moore Lake and Mill Creek... then going to Guanella Pass and Argentine Pass. From there we are going to Keystone Gulch, then Crystal lakes. We are camping at Crystal lakes and then the next day we have the real fun…we will start with Wheeler lakes, then hit Mt Bross and Mosquito Pass. Then my wife gets to drive Breakneck Pass and Metberry Gulch. We will camp somewhere in that area and hit Cedar Mountain Road and Rule Ridge too… what do you think???

Like i said we would love for someone to tag along if they can.:D

Trailrat99XJ
June 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hey all! I have to pull myself out of Fridays run! I have to work now! Bummer! I know I started this run and for that I apologize! Have fun everybody!!

Chris
June 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
You'll be missed Tim but we'll carry on. No changes to the existing plans, looking forward to everyone that makes it! Since we're just a few days away now would be a good time to make sure your RSVP's are accurate. ;)

:cheers:

Brody
July 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
I am in the air until the last minute. I don't know if LaDawn is going to have showings or not and not sure if I have the gas $$ to go yet...I like the trail and so does LD, so hopefully we can go.

Chris
July 1st, 2009, 10:46 PM
I just realized a lot of businesses are closed Friday, including my wife's employer so she's joining me. Anyone else?

WINKY
July 2nd, 2009, 12:37 AM
im in...

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
It will be a last minute for us. If we are at the meet place, we will see you there!

A-TRAC
July 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
Looks like it will be busy up there tomorrow.

The COTTORA folks are meeting at the McDonalds in Idaho Springs at 9 tomorrow to run Bill Moore Lake. They have 8 rigs so far.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135127

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up, we'll have to see how it goes. We're still going and maybe do more (Red Elephant?) as Brody suggested. I suspect just about any trail is going to be busy this long weekend.

WINKY
July 2nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
i wouldnt mind showing them what a fullsize can do....lol

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
We are in. As a suggestion, maybe we can start at Elephant Hill and come into Bill Moore from that direction. That way we can avoid a bit of traffic jammage...On the other hand, we may actually be better off either in front of or behind them and planning on coming out Elephant. That way we miss running into oncoming traffic on the way back down..Only problem doing his is that we would be running Elephant the wrong way going down it instead of up it.

Let's make the call at the Safeway...and just plan on leaving very close to 9AM

Tee Hee
July 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Can someone give me directions to the Safeway from I70? Exit and such.

Brody
July 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I70 west to the first Idaho Springs exit. No idea of the exit number.Take this first exit and you are on the main drag though town. Safeway is going to be on your left just before the road 'Y's. It is the only grocery store in town and is a little hard to miss.

Just remember the first exit. If you miss it, you have to back track a little.

A-TRAC
July 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Looks like they are running Red Elephant first, so you guys should be fine.....

Yep we will run Red Elephant first and then head up to Bill Moore.

I've wheeled with a few of them. They are cool.

If you guys do run into them on the trail and need to talk to them, they are always on Channel 7 on their CBs. Just yell CoTTORA and they'll respond.

Chris
July 2nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Let's make the call at the Safeway...and just plan on leaving very close to 9AM

Good plan Pete, see you all in the morning. :thunb:

Dan
July 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Is anyone else bringing kids along? Mine want to go but don't want to be the only kids.

Just got back on here after two weeks offline.... I was planning to do some trails around Keystone/Breck tomorrow, but now that I see all of you going here....

I've got 4 or 5 kids with me tomorrow. I am planning for it so far.

1freaky1
July 3rd, 2009, 06:56 AM
I actually got off work early today and was going if it was just Bill Moore run, but since it is more I am out maybe next time.

Trailrat99XJ
July 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
I hope you guys have fun up there!!! Not cool!!!!!!!! looks like the weather is holding up for you

1freaky1
July 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Glad you guys had a good time I stayed home to work some more on the truck got a few things done. Pete I used the rest of my black paint, LOL.