PDA

View Full Version : Devils Canyon/Cascade Creek

j-mobes
June 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
I ran both trails with another family - my wife and kids came along this time...only on father's day it seems ;-(

I will precursor this by saying my wife brought her camera but the battery was dead, other guy took some photos, if he remembers to email, I will post.

Other rig with me was an '86 CJ7, Dana 40 in the rear, Dana 30 up front. Nice ride.

Devil's Canyon, first time on this trail, unbelievably beautiful at the bottom of the climb at the second loop. Didn't look that trashed, so hopefully the clean up will be pretty easy.

Then we motored on to Cascade Creek: mid-way, there is a spot to picnic on the left, at the top of the big mine. We didn't realize it was posted no trespassing, though we were just a few feet off the road. Caretaker approached us on his ATV, was real nice, let us stay, just concerned because kids had been camping up there previously and trashed the place, cut down a nice tree, bunch of idiots.

Right above this is Rock Hill, had I not had someone with me, I probably would have "wussed" out, especially with my 2 yo and 5 yo daughters with me, but needless to say, one of the toughest obstacles I've wheeled in my short time in the sport. Amazing sense of pride when it was done, though my wife said I could never take the kids wheeling again!

The ol' FJ performed beautifully, though I was impressed by the CJ, handled all those whoppties and rocks like it was a Sunday drive!

Roostercruiser
June 22nd, 2009, 03:16 AM
bummer on the idiots. my kids aways go with me ever since each waas around 4-5 months old. my daugter whos 5 1/2 now asks to go wheelin almst everyday. it dont matter how bouncy trail is they will sleep through most of it. glad yall had fun

WINKY
June 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
yeah she was knocked the heck out on the night run, even after you were bouncing the scout in the mud!!!!!

Aaron
June 22nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
The wife and kids will be on every trail with me. We started this as a family hobby and I think we are all having a blast.

You guys mind adding a link to this trail run on the Trails Information page?

Looks

Pathrat
June 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=j-mobes;46321]

Amazing sense of pride when it was done, ....The ol' FJ performed beautifully, /QUOTE]

Of course! :)