PDA

View Full Version : slaughter house/duck creek 6/20/9

Roostercruiser
June 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
well my burban has new clutch but now wont start. So at the last minute i took the Scout on her maiden voyage off roading with DEEZLPWR. It did very very good for being a bone stock Scout. 1st trail was Slaughter house and the last time i went on it, it was very challenging with the woopdedoos. NOT any more its bulldozed over for the most part:(. just a couple of hard spots but for the most part pretty tame. no more whoopdeedoos:( and Crowcreek stilll closed. so after that we did Duck Creek. DEEZLE wanted to avenge to hill he tried in winter time and it was no problem in springtime. driving down the trail it was muddy and fun. I had my two kids and my nephew with me in the Scout;) and Randy brought Kyle. We found some mud pits and the scout had mud comiing through the doors and all its holes. and made it through first couple of mud pits. but not the last one i tried once and made it half way thru and backed out. than Randy tried and had no trouble with his tires. tried it agian to follow his ruts, but did not work, got stuck agian in about of 2 of mud, my axles were buried and was up to the frame undernieth, and up the front bumpers deep. ended up being wi0nched out from behind. it was really fun:thunb:. but the scout lost its brake lights after the mud. Randy followed me home and around Baily i lost all lights and smoke came from under dash:eek:. we got running lights back on and limped it home. got back at 4 am and put kids to bed. now I have 2 broken Trucks.

WINKY
June 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM
i will be getting my pics up here before i wash the beast off..

Everyone else missed out on a good time!!!!:p

cfr
June 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Now that's a truck! Are the vise grips the multi-purpose window crank and inside door handle? Awesome.

http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3774&d=1245605045

Pathrat
June 21st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Sorry about your truck trouble Roland. It looks like the Scout had a fun day out for a while at least.

JeepersCreepers
June 21st, 2009, 09:16 PM
Looks like fun... can't wait to see some more pics.

Chris
June 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Bummer on the wiring Roland, hope it's not too big of a mess. Sounds like electrical on the Suburban too. :(

Brody
June 22nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the pictures!

Nothing like the smell of burning electrical insulation to make a day go upside down....Hope that it is an easy fix without too much drama...

WINKY
June 22nd, 2009, 05:45 AM
under the dash of the scout is a crapped on rats nest waiting for a match.... i think it will take a bit of rewiring to get it safe IMO. I think either roland has a stuck solenoid or bas fuse, mayby corrosion since its been sitting for a while. could possibly be that one connector that was smashed somehow..?

Funrover
June 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
NICE NEW PAINT!!!

Aaron
June 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
I like mud!

WINKY
June 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
finally got my pics up of mud :)

Brody
June 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM
You guys passed Bren and Bear. They were camping up there and heard the diesel...

BTW...that is the first I have ever seen...pictures of your truck dirty, that is...:lol:

WINKY
June 25th, 2009, 07:24 PM
yeah i know, if i ever get back to florida ill get it real nasty fer ya pete!

WINKY
June 25th, 2009, 07:34 PM
You guys passed Bren and Bear. They were camping up there and heard the diesel...

BTW...that is the first I have ever seen...pictures of your truck dirty, that is...:lol:

yeah the mud spot we hit there was a campsite with people in a tent, they were probably pissed off real bad.... oh well....LMAO

Brody
June 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
yeah the mud spot we hit there was a campsite with people in a tent, they were probably pissed off real bad.... oh well....LMAO

I think they vaguely heard you. Those boys party pretty hard...and no mention was made about them being PO'd at all...and they probably had a regular arsenal with them, too...

WINKY
June 25th, 2009, 09:11 PM
no this looked to be a nice clean toyota 4runner or lexus awd vehicle at the site we were at making a ruckus...lol

Roostercruiser
June 26th, 2009, 04:06 AM
it was a little white durango. the inside of my scout is still plasterd in dirt. i know we made people mad but you dont caamp next to a mudpit. espiaclly when there are florida and georgia boys around.

WINKY
June 26th, 2009, 04:08 AM
damn skippy!

Brody
June 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM
no this looked to be a nice clean toyota 4runner or lexus awd vehicle at the site we were at making a ruckus...lol

Naw...Bear would've had his reddish Tacoma and Bren would have have his reddish LC80. They aren't dumb enough to park next to a mudpit and were probably farther off the road than that.