PDA

View Full Version : JeepersCreepers Jeep

Brody
June 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Josh bent the control arm on one side of his Jeep and can't quite do an expensive upgrade right now (I know the feeling!) Thanks to a donation from Fred (DETN8R) of his old control arms and a little creative welding by me, we came up with a happy medium that will last until he can. I just boxed the control arms, eliminating the weakest stock point.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Aaron
June 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Very cool.

JeepersCreepers
June 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
That's sweet! I can't wait to get them on! Thanks to both of you guys for doing this for me! Do we have the date set for the axle clinic? I remember it being sometime in July. I'll have to search for the thread, but that will be the best time for me to get them one. Thanks again guys. Much appreciated! :thunb: I owe you guys drinks or something next time we get out wheeling

DETN8R
June 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
No problem JC. Great work there Pete.

Brody
June 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Do we have the date set for the axle clinic? I remember it being sometime in July.

If I remember right, you are down in the Springs...right? Chris is headed down there Wednesday to pick up a wheel from Nick (GM4x4lover) maybe we can coordinate this...

Axle clinic I am still waiting on some feedback as to what dates work for folks...

Funrover
June 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Very cool!!

Chris
June 16th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Chris is headed down there Wednesday

I had to cancel, one of my grandkids is having tonsils removed so I've been delegated to kid duty.

JeepersCreepers
June 16th, 2009, 11:30 PM
If I bend those I better be taking flight over some crazy rock garden! :lol:

Yeah I'm in the springs, so I'll have to see the next time I'm off about getting up to Denver and getting those put on. Soon I hope too, I don't feel too comfortable about trying to wheel with my current control arm being bent.

Funrover
June 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM
If I bend those I better be taking flight over some crazy rock garden! :lol:

Yeah I'm in the springs, so I'll have to see the next time I'm off about getting up to Denver and getting those put on. Soon I hope too, I don't feel too comfortable about trying to wheel with my current control arm being bent.

I can be the GO-TO guy.. I can pick up the arms and bring them home to CS...

JeepersCreepers
June 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I can be the GO-TO guy.. I can pick up the arms and bring them home to CS...

If it's not too much trouble for you that would be great. I can get Pete the money via snail mail or next trip I see him on.

greenramp
June 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
GOOD job!

Brody
June 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks Joe! I only have about 3 more miles of welding to go....

Let's try to hook up this week sometime for the exchange, Aaron.

Josh- I'd like to get them to you so you can get them on your rig and have it running. There are a few of us here that could do some long arm set ups for you, but you might want to price what is available to see if any of us can match it. This is something that you are probably going to want to do sometime sooner than later, but isn't a critical issue.

Funrover
June 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I don't work till 2 friday... I can meet before and bring them back with me.. deliver them to Josh on Sat.

Funrover
June 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Or I can give a work address if you wanna swing by.. We will figure out something this week

JeepersCreepers
June 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Joe! I only have about 3 more miles of welding to go....

Let's try to hook up this week sometime for the exchange, Aaron.

Josh- I'd like to get them to you so you can get them on your rig and have it running. There are a few of us here that could do some long arm set ups for you, but you might want to price what is available to see if any of us can match it. This is something that you are probably going to want to do sometime sooner than later, but isn't a critical issue.

I do want to get a long arm set up on my jeep, but I'm going to wait till it's all paid off before I start getting too much into in till then. So I have a little less than 4 years to go. There is so much that I want to put into my jeep, but I figure once it's all paid off and completely mine instead of the banks then I can go full fledge and put a long arm kit with lockers and the 8.8 and 35's.... Maybe 37's, but I think I would be pushing the 37's.

Haku
June 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I do want to get a long arm set up on my jeep, but I'm going to wait till it's all paid off before I start getting too much into in till then. So I have a little less than 4 years to go. There is so much that I want to put into my jeep, but I figure once it's all paid off and completely mine instead of the banks then I can go full fledge and put a long arm kit with lockers and the 8.8 and 35's.... Maybe 37's, but I think I would be pushing the 37's.

4 years is a long time to wait........$100 bucks says you change your mind in the next 6 months:thunb:.

Oh, and always go for the biggest tire you can fit and won't break your axles easily (or do some body work and beef up the axles). Just ask Nay, he just got his 37's and he is already talking about 39's and what it would take.

JH

1freaky1
June 19th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I say it will be within the next year you change your mind, it took me 2yrs before I started going deeper into it with the ranger. Now Im doing the exo and fullsize axles and 35s.

JeepersCreepers
June 19th, 2009, 06:40 AM
You guys are probably right :lol: I more than likely won't be able to wait till it's paid off, before I start sticking more and more stuff into it, but for me $$$ is what will mainly hold me back for now and hoping that my job stays secure as well.

Brody
June 19th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Control arms coming your way today.

I am dropping them off at High Country this AM, Aaron is picking them up sometime between 12 and 1:30, so you should be able to get them on this weekend.

Catch me when you are able...

JeepersCreepers
June 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Control arms coming your way today.

I am dropping them off at High Country this AM, Aaron is picking them up sometime between 12 and 1:30, so you should be able to get them on this weekend.

Catch me when you are able...

Cool, thanks a ton Pete, you da man! I'll have to swing by Jaimes or Aarons to get them on since I don't have wenche's big enough for the bolts/nuts on there.

Any good recommendations to what kind of spray paint will hold up good to weathering and such?

Funrover
June 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Cool, thanks a ton Pete, you da man! I'll have to swing by Jaimes or Aarons to get them on since I don't have wenche's big enough for the bolts/nuts on there.

Any good recommendations to what kind of spray paint will hold up good to weathering and such?

They are in my car right now, I get of work at 10 pm... will swing by jamies in the morning or meet you somewhere.. your call dude! :thunb:

Brody
June 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
They are in my car right now, I get of work at 10 pm... will swing by jamies in the morning or meet you somewhere.. your call dude! :thunb:

Right now they have the last of my gloss black Rustoleum on them. Hit them with another coat and you should be ok for a bit. Nothing except powder coating really stands up well if it under the rig...

JeepersCreepers
June 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
cool, I'll get a can this weekend and hit it one more time before I get them on