PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill

j-mobes
June 10th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Had to take my mother in law up to Nederland today (from golden), decided to take the loooooooong way home. Rode down 119 to Central City, then did Yankee Hill reverse to Alice, then back down 70.

It's easy, but such a fun trail to do by yourself when you're playing hookie from work.

Wells says it takes 2 1/2 hours, I did it in an hour, may have left a few nuts and bolts back on the trail though:lol:

No pics, sorry, trail was an after thought, didn't have any gear with me and my damn blackberry doesn't have a camera....

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 07:34 PM
An hour :lol:

That's a hurried pace, you have to slow down and smell the ??? - no, not roses but you need to slow down and keep the nut & bolts on the truck.

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
lol yankee hill will get alot of use from me as its close by to get my fix on!!!

Roostercruiser
June 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
im to the point now where i can do yankee blind folded. ive been up there well over 130 times at least since i was 14.

WINKY
June 11th, 2009, 12:56 AM
i want to learn yankee like you do roland... :)

Roostercruiser
June 11th, 2009, 01:19 AM
it gets boring after awhile. but its really close and can take amything up there . i used to know the owners of the mine up there it was like our spot where we all hung out and drank. we played hide and seek allthe time. its even where Sarah and i had our first date up there 4wheelin.

Brody
June 11th, 2009, 05:07 AM
and my damn blackberry doesn't have a camera....

No camera?....common....I thought those things had and did everything...Probably would've gotten one by now, but LaDawn goes "You lose $10 daytimers once a month. You would need another job to pay for all the Blackberries..." My response " Oh....." (as in 'you are right, Honey..')

Sounds like a fun run for being a quickie!

Funrover
June 11th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Gotta love those "DETOURS" sometimes!