PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sirius815
May 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone, my name is Ben. Just joined the forum looking for some guys to run some trails with locally.

I drive an 04 VW Touareg. I'm not looking to do any hardcore wheeling. So far we've steered clear of the 5+'s, but plan on slowly working our way up to 5's, possibly 6's.

Ben K.

Whitey Jr
May 26th, 2009, 01:14 PM
welcome and lets see the pics

Chris
May 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Ben!

It's nice to see another Touareg here. They appear to have surprised a lot of folk here on their performance on the trail!

:welcome:

sirius815
May 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Ben!

It's nice to see another Touareg here. They appear to have surprised a lot of folk here on their performance on the trail!

:welcome:

The Touareg is pretty new to me and so I do not know of all it's capabilities yet. I've had it up part of the ways up Mt. Baldy, but don't know exactly how well it does. Mt Baldy isn't really much of a challange. It's not the easiest finding people with some what equal rides do trails at the same time.

Ben K.

RockyMtnHigh
May 26th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I think that's what is so cool about this place, people don't really care what you drive or how well it's built they join you regardless.

I was in front of Brody most of the last run and it was neat to see the reactions of people that were going in the opposte direction after they got around my rig and saw his. FJ, FJ, another FJ and then wow look at that. :eek: :lol:

sirius815
May 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Put up two little vids on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLMlowffORE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQmEF2UnSo

If any one wants to do a run around the 'Springs area, I'm all for it - I know there's not much here, but it's always better to not go alone. Not to mention - I could use some good pointers during more difficult runs. I don't even know the limits of the 'Reg.

Ben K.

Brody
May 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hey! Welcome to Front Range!

I was on a run not too long ago where we had one of those sweet Tauregs! And this one had the 'go fast' rims and tires on it. It did pretty damn well and all the time I was watching it wheel, I was thinking 'Gee...if that was my rig, I don't know if I would be doing that...'

Be happy to see you out on the trails and we have some good folks here, a lot of whom are in the Springs area. If you ever have any questions, especially on trails that would be appropriate for your rig, please feel free to post them. Or if you have questions on the trails, go to the traildamage.com site as they usually have a good selection of photos to refer to...though mainly of Jeeps. It still will give you a good visual reference to see if you even want to tackle the trail in your rig.

H3_Mafia
May 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome!

sirius815
May 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info Brody.

I've been to traildamage a couple of times and even found a kml file for Google Earth that lists most of the trails in Colorado and their respective difficulty ratings.

I'm sure I'll be on the trails soon - have to work next weekend. If I'd have joined sooner I'd have done the Mt. Baldy trip two days ago.

Ben K.

BTW - Anybody wanna come up Metberry - never been and definitely wouldn't want to go at it alone.

78bronco
May 26th, 2009, 09:01 PM
welcome to the forum! there are a few of us here in the springs and we are usualy trying to get out there. the mt aldy run was great and we do the local trails alot. anytime you wanna run post it!

Pathrat
May 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hey there and welcome :)

Screweder
May 27th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Welcome to the site! And don't forget, even if your rig isn't "built" enough to handle some of the more difficult trails, most of the people here wouldn't have any issue with a passenger to enjoy a trail with! I've ridden with my friend Whitey (pheoniXJosh) a few times since I haven't completed my money pit of doom yet. I personally enjoy riding with people, gives you someone to talk to.

1freaky1
May 27th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the site, good to see you running the T on the trails, we have another one on the site here somewhere that wheels his too.
When you go to traildamge.com keep in mind that some of the trail ratings have not been updated in quite a while, so if you have any questions feel free to post them up on here and someone that has recently run them can give you a good idea how the trails are now.

Funrover
May 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome! I would like to do Metberry again, just need to find time when I can!

Whitey Jr
May 27th, 2009, 06:43 PM
The Touareg is pretty new to me and so I do not know of all it's capabilities yet. I've had it up part of the ways up Mt. Baldy, but don't know exactly how well it does. Mt Baldy isn't really much of a challange. It's not the easiest finding people with some what equal rides do trails at the same time.

Ben K.

you should check out the trail report for the four trails run we did not too long ago it shows what a touareg can do.

Im not going to lie i was amazed the entire time. They are amazing rigs

78bronco
May 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
those tuoregs are pretty good rigs