PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Park/Ironclads

Brody
May 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
We met up with Rockymtnhigh and 4 other FJs (Man, I love those things!) today for a run up to Johnny Park. A great trail, but we missed most of the good views due to the cloud cover..Still pretty, though.

We ran Johnny Park from the Hwy36 side, coming back down to Hwy 7 near Meeker. We then decided to take a run up to the Ironclads before we headed home.

Great day, good people, fun trails..I'll post some pictures if we have any good ones...

Good to meet new people, put faces to names and see people we hadn't seen (except in pictures) in awhile! Hope everyone got home OK..

RockyMtnHigh
May 24th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I had a lot of fun today, sprinkled a bit which kept the dust down and also brought out the green, really beautiful up there.

Brody it was great to finally meet you and LaDawn, I look forward to the next already. How was the ride home? I know it was coming down pretty good once we got out of the mountains.

I took quite a few pictures, most of them through my windshield and b/c of the rain they came out blurry.

Here's three that didn't.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/RockyMtnHigh_2008/Johnny%20Park%20Road%20052409/IMG_2106.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/RockyMtnHigh_2008/Johnny%20Park%20Road%20052409/IMG_2100.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/RockyMtnHigh_2008/Johnny%20Park%20Road%20052409/IMG_2107.jpg

Funrover
May 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Great pics!

j-mobes
May 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Great run today, I joined the forum as soon as I got the kids to bed. Brody, great rig, I bored my wife to death during dinner talking about it showing her video of you on that rock at the mud pit! I'll try to figure out how to post some video.

RockMtnHigh - as usual, good times, thanks for the invite.

Pathrat
May 24th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry I didn't pay more attention to the calender and missed this one

RockyMtnHigh
May 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hey if it wasn't for you, we'd been standing at a closed gate wondering what the heck to do next!

The year is just starting there will be plenty more chances to meet up.

Roo
May 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I posted all my pics from today in my album, feel free to check it out. Plus a sunset pic from ealier in the week from our townhouse.

Brody
May 25th, 2009, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE=RockyMtnHigh;40539]
Brody it was great to finally meet you and LaDawn, I look forward to the next already. How was the ride home? I know it was coming down pretty good once we got out of the mountains.

Great to finally meet you, too!

We had another layer on by the time we got back to the house, but we managed to stay about 10 minutes behind the rain and never really got nailed. It was obvious that it had really come down, too.

We always have extra clothes, hats, gloves, etc, but there is only so much you can do doorless when it is pouring down. Before I added those little pieces of metal on my exo you noticed, the rain would swoop into the inside of the rig due to the angle of the fenders and absolutely coat the inside of the windshield...so it is actually better than it was...

Thanks for the pictures!