PDA

View Full Version : Hey

hubbazoot
May 24th, 2009, 02:05 AM
So I'm Jon. I drive a 1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with a white front end.

Why the white front end?
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/korinthan/Jeep/accident016.jpg

My mods:
-Aftermarket front bumper by unknown maker
-2 55w Harbor Freight Off-road lights at "deer finder" angle
-JKS quick disconnects
-Rancho suspension 2" AAL with full front springs and shocks
-Lockrite locker in the rear (And in a Dana 35 :eek::eek::eek:)
-TCase Skid, Gas Tank skid, rails
-30" BFG A/T Retreads by Treadwright

A pic of my rig:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/korinthan/Jeep/paintprototypebase.jpg

A vid of my rig in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fjtXKH3RlY

I start right at 3:35ish

Any questions you've got about the rig I'm more than happy to answer.

4Runninfun
May 24th, 2009, 02:58 AM
welcome to frontrange.

RidgeRunner
May 24th, 2009, 03:05 AM
:welcome: Hey man, nice to see you over here too.

H3_Mafia
May 24th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Welcome, nice Jeep!

Chris
May 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Welcome to FR4X4!

:welcome:

1freaky1
May 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM
:welcome:and I am glad to see that I am not the only one that stalls their ride out on the rocks!

Whitey Jr
May 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
welcome it was the zukes taking over but the xj's are starting to come up for a challenge. welcome and glade to see another xj

Hypoid
May 24th, 2009, 12:18 PM
XJ, XJ, XJ...

Welcome to the dark side! LOL

hubbazoot
May 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
:welcome:and I am glad to see that I am not the only one that stalls their ride out on the rocks!

Yar, that's the beauty of wheeling a 5-speed :cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Glad you like the rig :D

Oh, and the XJ has been in the family since my dad rolled it off the lot in '87. He is the ONLY other driver of this vehicle than me...all 243k miles. They didn't have one on the lot at the time he wanted one, so it was custom-ordered to spec.

JeepersCreepers
May 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard to the board! How do you like those harbor freight lights? Worth buying?

hubbazoot
May 25th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome aboard to the board! How do you like those harbor freight lights? Worth buying?
They work great! Their lighting bracket system is kind of counter-intuitive and I ended up not using one of the bushings (that fits in between the top of the rubber grommet and the base of the light) and reversed the upper rubber bushing. Other than that, the lights are super solid, easy to align, and are pretty darn bright to boot. I like how solid they are most of all, they feel and look like they won't break on contact and it's okay to really torque down on the installation bolts

Roostercruiser
May 25th, 2009, 02:35 AM
wellcome i too made a two compact out of a four door subaroo wagon. i drove away with just a cracked grill on my burb.

WINKY
May 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
i would tuna can a compact car with my winch mount on....:eek:

Funrover
May 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome

JeepersCreepers
May 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
They work great! Their lighting bracket system is kind of counter-intuitive and I ended up not using one of the bushings (that fits in between the top of the rubber grommet and the base of the light) and reversed the upper rubber bushing. Other than that, the lights are super solid, easy to align, and are pretty darn bright to boot. I like how solid they are most of all, they feel and look like they won't break on contact and it's okay to really torque down on the installation bolts

Cool, I'll have to check'em out next time i'm in harbor freight

Even 11
May 27th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the site and don't worry about the mismatched paint, I'm headed down that road also!

-Dane

Roo
May 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Welcome! I am a newb too, I got a warm welcome so I am passing it along!

Brody
May 28th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Welcome to Front Range!

Another XJ...that's cool. Those things wheel pretty damn well...cheesy axles and all. Got a couple of folks here that have wheeled the heck out of the stock axles (Dana 35/30), have done hard trails with them and have had no problems. I had no issuses with the rear 35 on my 91 but managed to break the front 30 axle twice wheeling it pretty hard.

I posted up quite a bit of info on doing 44 swaps out of Rodeos, etc. Probably in the Tech or Make and Models links if you ever get interested. Lotta cheap axles out there...$125 with drums at Colorado Auto and $150 with discs, end to end..

hubbazoot
May 31st, 2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@ JeepersCreepers: These are basically identical to a pair of KC's I saw today and cost about $100 less :D

@ Even 11: My budget is quite a bit larger than I thought it was, so I may end up getting it repainted here before too soon and also lifting up to a 4" lift.

@ Brody: Until it breaks, I'll wheel the hell out of it. 30's should be fine for those axles though. The back is a bolt-on D35 so that helps a little bit.