PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Spring Creek Run....

Haku
May 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Hey all,

As I write this its about 11:30 at night and Steve (scoutman) and I just got done buttoning up his rig after replacing all the body mounts (complete with a 1 inch body lift using 99 cent hockey pucks with steel sleeves added) and installing his brand new driveshaft. We thinks its now wheelable and have decided its time to give it another try. I'm also trying out my newly Lincoln Locked Samurai for the first time since that mod.

So a midday run of Spring Creek is in order (on Saturday the 23rd of May that is). Anyone is welcome to join us that wants to come. We might also be up for joining in with the Yankee Hill night run thats going on tomorrow too. The current plan is to meet at the Starbucks in Downieville at noon and leave shortly thereafter. We'll get as far up Spring Creek as possible, and if its clear to the top, probably come down into Idaho Springs through Ute Creek or Cascade Creek. If not, its back down again like last time.

If you are interested, let us know to expect you before noon if possible. I get email notifications on my phone so I'll get it if you PM me on here.

For trail info, here is the link:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36

Its a great little shelf road that has some fun (and scary for some) obstacles that are totally bypassable. If we make it to the Rock Garden you'll probably have to pick your way through the right way, but should be fine with a reasonable lift kit or one of the higher clearance stock vehicles. For reference, a barely lifted XJ made it up the hard obstacle near the bottom.

Josh H.