PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Run July 25 2009

Pathrat
May 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
as requested, here is the discussion thread and pertinent info for our Ladies Run:

BILL MOORE LAKE
July 25, 2009
The women drive, the men assist, navigate,
and provide refreshments (:D)

Meet at the Idaho Springs McDonalds, 830am
Head out to Empire at 9am, we will find a second meet spot
in that bustling town if need be, suggestions welcome
Someone will have to show me that turn to the trail head
(I will update this as the info comes in)

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=12

Pathrat
May 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
It is called the Mill Creek Loop and is essentially a a loop route that extends the Bill Moore trail farther north. It loops back to an intersection with the Bill Moore Lake trail and you pick it up after you reach Bill Moore Lake. You can extend this even farther by not going back to the Bill Moore Lake intersection, turning east and coming back down the Elephant Hill trail.

said Brody on the other thread:
(I can't find where info was posted on where to meet in Empire)

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4203&highlight=ladies+run&page=6

We ran the Bill Moore/Mill Creek Loop last year and had a great time. It was slightly harder than Bill Moore with a long bumpy hill being the main obstacle. We thought that it was pretty cool. There was another obstacle that was an off camber squeeze section, but we were actually past that before we realized that it was a named obstacle. That was in my rig though and it would give a stocker a bit of a challenge. Good spotting would be the key here, but other than that, a nice addition to a good trail.

Running these trails, good communications are going to be key, especially with feedback from the person in front. There are quite a few narrow sections where meeting another group coming either up or down would be a little bit of a problem.

Good choice overall as they are pretty and just hard enough to present a challenge.

Pathrat
June 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM
hey! Hey! yeah, you!

Where to we meet in Empire???

Funrover
June 18th, 2009, 09:31 PM
ummm.. Yes???? LOL. I know a few places up there with a large enough lot. I will do a run up there semi soon and find the best place

Pathrat
June 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks Funrover. Of course if I go up, I'll look too.

Pathrat
July 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hey to the guys who ran Bill Moore last weekend: was there snow on the trail?

Brody
July 5th, 2009, 07:15 PM
No...and you and LaDawn are in charge of this run, right? Driving, navigating, trail finding, patience...everything under the sun except for spotting and repairs....right???

1freaky1
July 6th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I need to see if I can convince Val to do this it would be great trail for her to learn to drive the truck on, LaDawn might have to talk her into it.

Funrover
July 6th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I need to see if I can convince Val to do this it would be great trail for her to learn to drive the truck on, LaDawn might have to talk her into it.

I'll send my wife for reinforcment "help" if needed...LOL

Chris
July 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Barb got some wheel time yesterday, she did pretty well. She just needs to adjust to using a clutch again and not pushing it in when dropping over rocks. She handed the wheel back to me when she needed to back a couple 100 yards out of a dead end. :oops:

Pathrat
July 6th, 2009, 09:33 PM
No...and you and LaDawn are in charge of this run, right? Driving, navigating, trail finding, patience...everything under the sun except for spotting and repairs....right???

Is she any better at navigation than I am??? :D

Pathrat
July 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Barb got some wheel time yesterday, she did pretty well. She just needs to adjust to using a clutch again and not pushing it in when dropping over rocks. She handed the wheel back to me when she needed to back a couple 100 yards out of a dead end. :oops:

I backed out a quarter mile or so in Utah...hard on the neck :)

ShutUpHippie
July 6th, 2009, 11:56 PM
So maybe I missed it, but are we doing the "loop" that includes a few trails or just the one trail? My bad for being lazy/forgetful..

Brody
July 7th, 2009, 05:59 AM
I backed out a quarter mile or so in Utah...hard on the neck :)

That's what they make those shiny things on each side of your rig for. Also the one that hangs down about in the center of your windshield. They are called mirrors and reflect what you see. You may notice that there are mirrors located over your bathroom sinks, too.

Handy little items, mirrors....:D

And the loops would be optional for whomever wants to do them, but aren't a part of the scheduled run as we are going to have quite a few novice drivers. It will be up to the ladies doing the driving and their call, I imagine. We just ran this trail with the loops last weekend and both Mill Creek and Red Elephant are way harder than Bill Moore Lake.

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 06:46 AM
So maybe I missed it, but are we doing the "loop" that includes a few trails or just the one trail? My bad for being lazy/forgetful..

It is called the Mill Creek Loop and is essentially a a loop route that extends the Bill Moore trail farther north. It loops back to an intersection with the Bill Moore Lake trail and you pick it up after you reach Bill Moore Lake. You can extend this even farther by not going back to the Bill Moore Lake intersection, turning east and coming back down the Elephant Hill trail.

said Brody on the other thread:
(I can't find where info was posted on where to meet in Empire)

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4203&highlight=ladies+run&page=6

Hope that helps

1freaky1
July 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I'll send my wife for reinforcment "help" if needed...LOL

Aaron, I think I need all the help I can get with her to convince her that she is capable of driving it offroad.

Chris
July 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Just bring her with you and let the women convince her. ;)

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Aaron, I think I need all the help I can get with her to convince her that she is capable of driving it offroad.

Let me know how I can help, will she ride along with you at first and then try driving?

Brody
July 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Sean...have her talk to LaDawn!

Hey Stephanie...LaDawn brought up a good point just now...Since you drive all the time, is Hugh going to drive this run? We can dress him up in a cool granny dress. I have a long haired grey wig he can use and he would fit in fine....He might just get hit on!

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Sean...have her talk to LaDawn!

Hey Stephanie...LaDawn brought up a good point just now...Since you drive all the time, is Hugh going to drive this run? We can dress him up in a cool granny dress. I have a long haired grey wig he can use and he would fit in fine....He might just get hit on!

ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol: Hugh needs to drive... But not in a granny dress, now days are jean mini skirts. Poor Hugh.. that halter top just isn't gonna flatter him at all hahaha

Chris
July 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Change to "Ladies Run & Hugh"

Looks like Pete will orchestrate lunch :rolleyes:

Smash
July 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Dang, I wish Karla and I would be in town for this one. As it stands right now we're headed to Los Alamos, NM to meet up with some other guys crazy enough to offroad foresters for a weekend of camping, dirt and general mayhem. Would've loved to see Karla behind the wheel, and would be a good chance for her to hone her skills.

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Dang, I wish Karla and I would be in town for this one. As it stands right now we're headed to Los Alamos, NM to meet up with some other guys crazy enough to offroad foresters for a weekend of camping, dirt and general mayhem. Would've loved to see Karla behind the wheel, and would be a good chance for her to hone her skills.

We do this every year, that being said my wife drives on random trails at any given point. You don't have to have a womens weekend to let her drive ;)

Brody
July 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol: Hugh needs to drive... But not in a granny dress, now days are jean mini skirts. Poor Hugh.. that halter top just isn't gonna flatter him at all hahaha

Thanks Aaron...that mental picture just spoiled my breakfast...Sorry Hugh, but a shorty mini skirt and halter top is really not something I want to see you in....

Well...maybe if you got the colors right...

Smash
July 7th, 2009, 11:03 AM
We do this every year, that being said my wife drives on random trails at any given point. You don't have to have a womens weekend to let her drive ;)

She's only driven it once, and that's cause I was out of town and she wanted to take the dogs up (she took a friend too). I always offer, but she's a bit timid, I think cause of the stick shift. She sees how much I have to work and feather the clutch to get power, I think she's petrified she's gonna fry it.

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Aaron...that mental picture just spoiled my breakfast...Sorry Hugh, but a shorty mini skirt and halter top is really not something I want to see you in....

The fact you actually thought about it.. and then wanted to color coordinate scares me some.. LOL

Whitey Jr
July 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
so i think i am in i am a little scared but im in. my girlfriend is going to be driving

ColoradoCruiserDude
July 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I am in the same boat! Ha ha!

Pathrat
July 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM

The fact you actually thought about it.. and then wanted to color coordinate scares me some.. LOL

I think I can get something together that will be acceptable ;)
Aaron, just hide your young eyes.

(such words I heard in my house after reading him this post!):lol:

-and he doesn't like driving my rig

Pathrat
July 7th, 2009, 09:09 PM
That's what they make those shiny things on each side of your rig for. Also the one that hangs down about in the center of your windshield. They are called mirrors and reflect what you see. You may notice that there are mirrors located over your bathroom sinks, too.

Handy little items, mirrors....:D

Yeah, those mini shiny things do come in handy for about a quarter of your viewing area :lol: Driving on a narrow path with trees? I'll look back or I will end up denting something again! The FJC Panel Van!

Pathrat
July 7th, 2009, 09:13 PM

The Ladies Run just includes Bill Moore. Whatever anyone wants to do after is up to the people there.

And to the skeptical women some of you have mentioned. Let me and LaDawn lead, they will see it is fun and do-able, and I bet they will at least want to try. Anyone who knows me knows I am a careful driver, more on the cautious side (last weekend's video notwithstanding) and would not take women wanting to have fun driving on some trail that would be intimidating.

Just no extreme leaning like other FJCs allowed. :)

Chris
July 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'm with you Path, I'd never rely on the mirrors when back a long way. Of course since Barb drove us in she had to spot me backing out too.

Funrover
July 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I think I can get something together that will be acceptable ;)
Aaron, just hide your young eyes.

LMAO!!! I will have the camera for proof... don't worry! :lol::lol:

(such words I heard in my house after reading him this post!):lol:

-and he doesn't like driving my rig

I can imagine hahahaha.... :lol: All in good fun..Honest :D

Pathrat
July 7th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I can imagine hahahaha.... :lol: All in good fun..Honest :D

From you and Brody? Of course! :D

1freaky1
July 8th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Well Val does not think she can get the day off cause it is their busiest day but she said she will try. She does do ride alongs with me once in a while and when I told her she needed to go and the ladies would talk her into driving I saw a shimmer in her eyes of excitement so we are up in the air depending on if she can miss a day at work.

Brody
July 8th, 2009, 06:33 AM
so i think i am in i am a little scared but I'm in. my girlfriend is going to be driving

As long as you don't have 100 points, you will be fine. I gather that at 100 points you SO flops you rig.. Happened to me...

Gate Monkey
July 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks Pete..for the offer of the dress. I have been putting on weight the last few months and I can't get into any of Stephanie's clothes anymore. :D Even if I were inclined to go in drag, Pathrat does not let me drive the FJ anyway. :lol:

Brody
July 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Kilt? Your background is Scottish, right? Cool, breezy and plaid...what more can a guy ask for...

And I offered the grey wig, not the dress...You guys must have some fun when the doors are closed....we don't want to know...just making a comment.

She should let you drive the FJ. I let LD drive my rig...

Pathrat
July 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
She should let you drive the FJ. I let LD drive my rig...

He can drive the FJC...I need to learn to accept other people in the driver's seat of my rig (once a year)

Pathrat
July 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
And I offered the grey wig, not the dress...You guys must have some fun when the doors are closed....we don't want to know...just making a comment.

:)
Funrover said it would be a lot of fun, he said 'trust me, you'll love it' :D

Chris
July 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
He can drive the FJC...I need to learn to accept other people in the driver's seat of my rig (once a year)

If I can do it so can you. :thunb:

Brody
July 9th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Just make sure Hugh is nowhere close to 100 points before you let him behind the wheel!

Aaron
July 9th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I can't talk the bride into driving. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Pathrat
July 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Just make sure Hugh is nowhere close to 100 points before you let him behind the wheel!

:lol: We are good for this year

Funrover
July 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
BUMP!! Time is getting closer!

Pathrat
July 19th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Questions anyone?

Chris
July 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
RSVP'd Yes: 20 (8 members and 12 guests)

Looks good! (gratuitous bump)

:cheers:

Funrover
July 20th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I can't talk the bride into driving. Oh well. Maybe next year.

RSVP says you are going... Should we wait for you?

Funrover
July 20th, 2009, 07:57 AM
No camping for us this year unfortunatly, last year was a lot of fun making a weekend out of it

Aaron
July 20th, 2009, 07:58 AM
RSVP says you are going... Should we wait for you?

oops. Gotta change that.

Chris
July 20th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Questions anyone?

the men assist, navigate, and provide refreshments (:D)

Okay Guys everyone's done a good job ignoring this ^

What would Pathrat do? :erm:

WINKY
July 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM

can we make those into wristbands...? WWPD?

Pathrat
July 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
the men assist, navigate, and provide refreshments (:D)

Okay Guys everyone's done a good job ignoring this ^

:lol:!!!!!

Pathrat would say, "I bet the women will be bringing their own refreshements, 'cause often we do that kind of thing"

I can only tell my man what to do, not the rest of them :D

Pathrat
July 20th, 2009, 09:40 PM
can we make those into wristbands...? WWPD?

Good one Randy! Make sure they are purple though, ok? :D

WINKY
July 20th, 2009, 11:09 PM
you got it!:thunb:

Chris
July 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
So we're at 7? Looks good!

Last night Barb asked where we were going this weekend

"Why are we going there again?"

"Because you're driving."

"I can't drive your truck!"

"You are."

"Okay"

:cheers:

Funrover
July 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Possibly change meet point to Safeway in Idaho Springs? That McD's is a small lot.

Pathrat
July 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Possibly change meet point to Safeway in Idaho Springs? That McD's is a small lot.

but I want a mcmuffin!!!!!!!!

Pathrat
July 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM

If the people going are cool with this and there is enough time to warn them, sure. First exit, right?

Are the people going fine with changing the meet spot???

Funrover
July 23rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Change it on the Calendar also..... Same exit just go a little ways up the road

Chris
July 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone in the Springs willing & able to hook up with Isotel (Trevor) and bring a bunch of Front Range stickers to the run? IIRC he's close to I-25 and Tejon.

Free stickers if you can! :D

Funrover
July 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hmmm... I will be there tomorrow for a short time.

Chris
July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks Aaron but I'm not sure what time frame he's available. It would be a long shot at best. If you want to PM him feel free but I'll plan on going down next week as I was anyway.

Brody
July 24th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Safeway works for us. And there is something with some food value there, too

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Looks like we are taking the new rig!! WOO HOO!!!

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Are we going to add Mill Creek also?

Pathrat
July 24th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Are we going to add Mill Creek also?

Depends on the time but I don't think so. At least I am not. The dog has to be at Fat Camp back in Arvada by 5pm, as we have to be at the airport at 645am Sunday.

Pathrat
July 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I have the GPS coordinates for this trail plugged in (thank you Gatemonkey) so I am thinking I'll lead. If anyone checks this before the run, consider if you want to run tail. :)

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Depends on the time but I don't think so. At least I am not. The dog has to be at Fat Camp back in Arvada by 5pm, as we have to be at the airport at 645am Sunday.

We will see how it goes, if we finish Bill Moore in a hurry I will do Mill creek

AboveNBeyond
July 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM
So can I come if she dosen't drive but thinks about it... lol

Pathrat
July 24th, 2009, 09:12 PM

She might see the other women drive and think about it some more ;)

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Sounds good to me! :thunb:

Chris
July 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I have the GPS coordinates for this trail plugged in (thank you Gatemonkey) so I am thinking I'll lead. If anyone checks this before the run, consider if you want to run tail. :)

Barb will take tailgunner. Then she doesn't have as much to worry about driving the 5 speed for the first time. :erm:

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM
How you liking that Chris?

Chris
July 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Love the 5 speed, don't feel the same love for automatic drivers pulling up to my bumper on the trail. :lol:

Funrover
July 24th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Love the 5 speed, don't feel the same love for automatic drivers pulling up to my bumper on the trail. :lol:

LMAO!! :lol::lol:

Roostercruiser
July 24th, 2009, 10:11 PM
yall have fun.

Pathrat
July 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM

Come on, you enjoyed that with me a few times when you had the automatic.

4Lo is going but instead of clicking on his name on the RSVP page, I clicked on the link right next to his name entitled REMOVE. Sorry :o