May 22nd, 2009, 05:20 AM
When you post a trail run, please include the following:

A meeting time
A meeting place
The correct trail or trail name
Good directions or a map
A link to either traildamage.com or Charles Well's books
General area if the above doesn't list the trail

Vague information will not work as the post will just get cluttered up with people asking about where the trail is, where do we meet, etc, and can be avoided if the information is presented correctly to begin with.

Thanks

4Runninfun
May 22nd, 2009, 05:27 AM
i completely agree with this. the illinois gulch run thread had gotten so long that it wase useless as far as getting any meaningful information from.

Brody
May 22nd, 2009, 05:38 AM
i completely agree with this. the illinois gulch run thread had gotten so long that it was useless as far as getting any meaningful information from.

Amen to that. I thought that we were able to do a 'sticky' to keep this information at the top of the post when we posted something, but haven't been able to find that for a long time. It would really help having this feature again so that the critical information stays at the top and all the rest of the posts remain under the original one.

I think that the last couple of runs have had the same meeting time/place , etc, reposted two or three times as people couldn't find it due to the number of posts..

CalvaryBill
May 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Amen to that. I thought that we were able to do a 'sticky' to keep this information at the top of the post when we posted something, but haven't been able to find that for a long time. It would really help having this feature again so that the critical information stays at the top and all the rest of the posts remain under the original one.

I think that the last couple of runs have had the same meeting time/place , etc, reposted two or three times as people couldn't find it due to the number of posts..

Should be able to take of that by having the original poster edit the first post to keep the info updated.

Brody
May 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Should be able to take of that by having the original poster edit the first post to keep the info updated.

That is fine except that they need to get it right the first time. Only the moderators have that ability unless this has changed. It isn't that hard to get the correct information posted to begin with.

WINKY
May 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM

Chris
May 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
That is fine except that they need to get it right the first time. Only the moderators have that ability unless this has changed. It isn't that hard to get the correct information posted to begin with.

Everyone should be able to edit their own post so I think that's the right approach.

white collar redneck dad
May 22nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
where did new thread go? wc redneck pics of spring creek

Chris
May 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
where did new thread go? wc redneck pics of spring creek

You posted it under Build Threads so that's where it was. I moved it to Trail Run Reports.