PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

CalvaryBill
May 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi. My name is Bill. I drive a 1994 Cherokee with 6" lift, d44 rear, d30 front, 4.10 gears and ARBs.

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/42469/2339446220102577704S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2339446220102577704maBiya)

I have been 'wheeling for over 20 years and have 'wheeled at least once a month for the last 11 years. I am married (coming up on 29 years in August) and have one daughter who is just finishing her junior year at Northglenn High School.

I am also the coordinaor for Calvary 4-Wheelers, a ministry of Calvary Church in Broomfield. Feel free to visit our website for more information.

http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/4wheel.htm (http://<a href="http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/4wheel.htm" target="_blank">http://www.calvaryefree.org/4wheel/4wheel.htm</a>)

I don't know how active I will be here, the Calvary group and life in general keep me pretty busy but hopefully I will have time to check in from time to time.

Jamie
May 16th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Bill, Welcome to the site. I think you will find this is a good group of family freindly wheelers.

Oh yeah, :thunb:Nice rig.

Whitey Jr
May 16th, 2009, 05:51 PM
welcome nice to see another xj and deffinatly hope to see you on some trails

white collar redneck dad
May 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hello and Welcome to the Group Bill. It was good wheelin with you again. Charlie

DKDunn04
May 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Nice meeting you Bill, it was fun today.

Roostercruiser
May 16th, 2009, 09:16 PM
welcome and nice jeep:thunb:

JeepersCreepers
May 16th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome! Nice rig. :fr4x4:

4Runninfun
May 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
welcome!

Swath
May 16th, 2009, 11:01 PM
:welcome:

1freaky1
May 17th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Welcome to the site Bill, it was good to meet you today and Thank you again for the ride home. I enjoyed the conversation too. Calvary Church is this the same one that used to be down on 64th & Sheridan in the 80s?

Screweder
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Nice to meet you Bill! Well, not really meet you yet, but you get the point. In other words, looking foreword to seeing you on the trails here soon! :thunb:

WINKY
May 17th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Welcome!

Brody
May 17th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the site! I hope that you will enjoy it!

Nice looking Jeep, too. Fell free to contribute to the site information: pictures links, etc.

Hope you (and your group) can hook up with us for some runs sometime soon!

CalvaryBill
May 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the site Bill, it was good to meet you today and Thank you again for the ride home. I enjoyed the conversation too. Calvary Church is this the same one that used to be down on 64th & Sheridan in the 80s?

No, I think that was Calvary Chapel. This Calvary is an Evangelical Free Church. It was on Birch Street in Broomfield during the '70s and moved into our current building at 12800 Sheridan (just north of Midway) in the mid '80s. BTW I really enjoyed getting to know you a little as well.

Everyone else: thanks for the welcomes and the compliments on my Cherokee.

Chris
May 17th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Welcome to Front Range Bill!

:welcome:

itsjustdan23
May 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome :D

H3_Mafia
May 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome to FR4x4 and it was nice to meet you yesterday on the Pickle Gulch run. And thanks for letting me borrow your shovel those couple of times. :lol:

Funrover
May 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome.. nice pic!

ShutUpHippie
May 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome from another Broomfield guy!

Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the site.

Mickey
May 18th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the site! Glad to meet you Saturday, had a blast wheeling with you. Look forward to doing it again.

RidgeRunner
May 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Bill, welcome to the site! Do you kow any of the guys from the Cross Country Crawlers from Westminster Church of the Nazarine? I went to Moab with them last month. I attend Northern Hills up on Hwy 7 and have been thinking about starting an offroad group up there. Hope to see you around!

Dave

CalvaryBill
May 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Well, after browsing around for a bit it has become obvious I am not the kind of member you want here. I do not mean that I have been insulted or miss treated in any way. You have all been very nice and quite friendly. But there is an obvious emphasis here on very active involvement and no place for "fringe" members. With my committments to other groups (especially the Calvary 4-Wheelers), I do not have the time and energy to be that active here. YOu might as well go ahead and delete me so someone else can have my "spot".

Chris
May 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Bill, you're not going to be deleted and suggest you stick around. I think you'll find not everyone is as active as you're thinking. keep an eye on the runs and join in and meet some people before making up your mind.

:thunb:

itsjustdan23
May 18th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Man, I think he should stick around. We understand where he is comin from on the commitment thing. Cant argue with someone that has a life ya know.

Bill stick around man. You're not goin to lose your "spot" on here for doin things with your life. Its more of a hobby than anything in here. You probably have your priorities. At least your open with us and let us know that you do other things and that your a busy man. But if you do runs and see any of us. Please stop and say hello and join us. Im sure your always welcome to join anyone on runs when you get the chance. Take care. And good luck.

WINKY
May 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
i will chime in a little... Correct me chris if i am incorrect but i think what the whole point of membership on this forum is that Idle members that join post once and never post again for like 3 or 6 months (there are exceptions of course) IMO is someone who is inactive. Now if all you do is post on here once in a while and go on a run once a month or two for example, than your an active member in my eyes. I think chris is trying to avoid Bloated membership of people who join just to join and never post or make runs at all. Or post a couple times and go stagnant. We have members in New zealand, obviously they never wheel here in colorado but they are active to a degree on the forum and that is good. You can still be a member and post here and there, join in on runs whenever your budget, family time, free time allows you to. Or you can run with other groups and still be a member here. This forum and great group of people are here for one reason, this site and group is different from the rest as we welcome everyone who wants to wheel whatever they drive and the immature BS is absent from this forum. We are a family of friends that enjoy one out of many hobbies we each have and like. I for example love riding my sportbike and will be doing so frequently. I love to wheel as well, so your not the only one with other interests and such. With that said just cause your part of other groups and such doesnt inhibit you from being in our family of wheelers. Just be active at a level that is comfortable for you and join in when you want. At least let us know your doing ok man!

:)

Screweder
May 19th, 2009, 02:36 AM
i will chime in a little... Correct me chris if i am incorrect but i think what the whole point of membership on this forum is that Idle members that join post once and never post again for like 3 or 6 months (there are exceptions of course) IMO is someone who is inactive. Now if all you do is post on here once in a while and go on a run once a month or two for example, than your an active member in my eyes. I think chris is trying to avoid Bloated membership of people who join just to join and never post or make runs at all. Or post a couple times and go stagnant. We have members in New zealand, obviously they never wheel here in colorado but they are active to a degree on the forum and that is good. You can still be a member and post here and there, join in on runs whenever your budget, family time, free time allows you to. Or you can run with other groups and still be a member here. This forum and great group of people are here for one reason, this site and group is different from the rest as we welcome everyone who wants to wheel whatever they drive and the immature BS is absent from this forum. We are a family of friends that enjoy one out of many hobbies we each have and like. I for example love riding my sportbike and will be doing so frequently. I love to wheel as well, so your not the only one with other interests and such. With that said just cause your part of other groups and such doesnt inhibit you from being in our family of wheelers. Just be active at a level that is comfortable for you and join in when you want. At least let us know your doing ok man!

:)
:clap: Acceptance is the greatest thing this site has to offer. Jeep, Ford, Toyota, GMC, exc... It doesn't matter who you are, where your from, or how "built" your rig is. We have people of all shapes and sizes here (referring to my twigness and Randy's roundness:lol:) and all have been accepted for who they are, what they are, and most of all, the passion that we all share. All that I have seen that is a true requirement to be on the site is to be respectful of the trails/laws, and to just let us know your alive!

Hypoid
May 19th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Well, after browsing around for a bit it has become obvious I am not the kind of member you want here. I do not mean that I have been insulted or miss treated in any way. You have all been very nice and quite friendly. But there is an obvious emphasis here on very active involvement and no place for "fringe" members. With my committments to other groups (especially the Calvary 4-Wheelers), I do not have the time and energy to be that active here. YOu might as well go ahead and delete me so someone else can have my "spot".
I'm a "fringe" member also and I don't feel anyone looks down on me for it. This group presents more opportunities for us "fringe" members to join trips that fit our circumstances and schedules. When you posted your intro I found my self thinking: "Hmmm, more Saturday runs." I have not been through the rules and regs for this group, but if exclusivity were one of them, I'd be in violation before I ever joined. LOL If nothing else, post up trips from your primary group. I would be interested.

Screweder
May 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I'm a "fringe" member also and I don't feel anyone looks down on me for it. This group presents more opportunities for us "fringe" members to join trips that fit our circumstances and schedules. When you posted your intro I found my self thinking: "Hmmm, more Saturday runs." I have not been through the rules and regs for this group, but if exclusivity were one of them, I'd be in violation before I ever joined. LOL If nothing else, post up trips from your primary group. I would be interested.
You also must remember that we're not an advertisement for other 4x4 groups though. It's kind of like having multiple girlfriends... We're pretty sure your cheatin, but what we don't know don't hurt us:lol:

Hypoid
May 19th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I have not been through the rules and regs for this group, but if exclusivity were one of them, I'd be in violation before I ever joined.
I'm just that kind of guy. LOL

1freaky1
May 19th, 2009, 05:34 AM

Bill it would be a shame to lose you as a memeber, I hope that you will stick around. This is a widespread diverse group of folks here and we are not all going to be posting or wheeling all the time take my truck for example its too damaged to really wheel but I hooked a ride with you and charlie and who knows when the truck will be fixed(hopefully soon). If you come on once in a while there is no problem with that from what I have experienced with others here. Plus it can be a good way to get to know other groups of wheelers for things like joint runs.

CalvaryBill
May 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
OK, but that's not the impression I got from this message that is on the top of every page:

Hi CalvaryBill, just a note to let you know that your account is probably going to be deleted soon due to what we interpret as a lack of interest. You have a few posts but that's about it and we don't see much value in someone not interested enough to post. Our experience has show that people that aren't active also don't make any runs. If that's not the case please jump in and participate. Hope to hear from you soon!

and from these threads:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4843

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4495

Just confused, I guess.

Chris
May 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry for the confusion Bill, my fault 100%. That was intended for people that had registered 6 months or more ago, not people that just registered as you have. I'll fix that tonight when I get home, I must have clicked a wrong checkbox or something. :o

As a matter of fact that does sound downright unfriendly in general. I must have been having a grumpy old man moment which I usually catch before they get any public viewing.

Please accept my apologies and ignore that for the next 5 hours until I'm able to correct my mistake. Thank you for letting me know about it, I probably wouldn't have discovered it for quite a while and given other people the wrong impression as well. :bang:

WINKY
May 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
were all human prone to error, and in this case it was just a misunderstanding. glad we were able to fix this!

Whitey Jr
May 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
i got that same message for about 3days when i first came on but its gone now

Chris
May 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
It's gone for all new registrations and reworded for the others. :)

itsjustdan23
May 19th, 2009, 10:57 PM
So Bill,
Your here to stay right? If so. I bet there is a few peeps in here that would love to go on a few runs with you and your group. It would be a great way to get to know other wheelin groups and to really have a great time. Not to mention makin many many many more friends.

ShutUpHippie
May 19th, 2009, 11:10 PM
hope you stick around, you won't regret it i'm sure

CalvaryBill
May 20th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll stick around but, like I said, I probably won't be extremely active.

Like I said in my original post, I never felt insulted or put down, everyone here has been friendly and welcoming. I just wanted to make I understood the expectations.

For those of you that expressed interest in the Calvary group, check out our website and see what we are about and what our schedule looks like. We welcome anyone to come along with us but I do want to be clear up front that it is a church group. I know that's not for everybody. I will not be posting up announcements of our Calvary runs here as I don't think using this site to promote another group would be appropriate.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and welcoming spirit. I sorry I misinterpreted.

Chris
May 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I will not be posting up announcements of our Calvary runs here as I don't think using this site to promote another group would be appropriate..

I agree with that Bill, thanks. Keep in mind you can always invite folks to come along with you on any of our runs in their own trucks too :thunb:

sorry I misinterpreted.

Sorry I had something posted that was so easily misinterpreted.

Again, my apologies for something

WINKY
May 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
good to see your going to stay..

now where is my $100 ? LMAO