PDA

View Full Version : A little less Moab anybody?

SCRubicon
May 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM
W.T.H.??? (Sec. 104. about 1/2 way down)

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s799/text

WINKY
May 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
that pisses me off. why not just lock us all in our little houses and make us become fat blobs of tax paying crap. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4Runninfun
May 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
that pisses me off. why not just lock us all in our little houses and make us become fat blobs of tax paying crap. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SHHHHH they don't want their plan publicized.

Whitey Jr
May 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
SHHHHH they don't want their plan publicized.
what the hell

Gecko Cycles
May 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I don't recall voting for this

Funrover
May 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I don't recall voting for this

That's funny.. you think you actually have a say in the matter..... ASSHATS

Pathrat
May 12th, 2009, 09:23 PM
WHAT THE FLYING F!!!!!!!

So where we are going on vacation, that is slated for closure???? Willis Creek, where we are HIKING in a month??? Porcupine? You know how much time I have spent in the San Rafael Swell? Arch Canyon, closed? Grand Gulch, Dark Canyon, Muddy River, Bryce, in otherwords EVERYTHING!!! Just what the hell IS open? Upper Muley is already hiking with the exception of the access road
So I take it this is the massive Wilderness Designation Obama is already planning to sign? I wrote that damn Barbara Boxer from California, who has probably never set FOOT in the Grand Staircase!

And I prevent this how?

itsjustdan23
May 12th, 2009, 10:16 PM
We need to start a patition and start calling our congressmen/woman and letting them know we arnt goin to stand for this. Also if you are a member of another forum that deals with the outdoors be sure to let them know too. This is crap. I can go on and on and on about things that makes me pissed off. One particularly the taxes on smokers. We are the people of this country. WE run this country. Hell if we all had enough people in this country get together, we could actually kick the president outta office. Same goes with any of the lawmakers and other people in an elected seat. You folks should watch Glenn Beck on Fox News at 3pm. Great guy. Breaks politics down so everyone can understand them and he speaks for us. And boy does he do a good job. Anyways im done with politics and all the farging iceholes that make stupid laws up. Piss on them and piss on the pillow they lay there head on. We paid for it. We can do it.

WINKY
May 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
the only way to get massive change and reform toa new government is revolt and civil war. If things keep going on this pattern of government taking more and more away from the people, when it gets to the point that they take our guns away i can see war happenning in our borders.

Pathrat
May 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/officials/congress/?district=07&lvl=C&azip=80004&state=CO

-email to the above link, do your part

S.799 as Introduced in Senate America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 AND H.R.1925 America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009

I am writing to voice my opposition to the proposed Red Rock Wilderness Act, designating thousands of acres in our western states as wilderness, and therefore largely deeming these public lands inaccessible to a majority of the public. I have driven these lands, camped, and cleaned up after myself and others. I do not want to see these beautiful lands again only from my car window on the access road. Responsible usage is preferable by far than limiting access to only those on foot. Most of the general public are not backpackers and cannot carry enough gear for themselves and their families to enjoy camping. I am very much against drilling in southern Utah, north and east of Arches National Park, as the previous administration attempted to allow. I am fully against irresponsible usage- if you are off road in a legal OHV, then behave in accordance with the law. Promote education and enforcement, not closure. I have and will continue to correct those going off trail, cross country and littering. Promote responsibility, rather than protecting people from themselves and in effect from enjoying the lands that were made public for everyone.
Thank you
Stephanie Evan

itsjustdan23
May 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I should write Mr.Beck and bring this to his attention. And also mention Wheelers For The Wounded. He is very big on our vets of this wonderful country. Not to mention our civil rights. He is a hell of a person. This is our country. We pay for there meals. Its about US. Not them!!!!! They are our servents. Ok. Im turning this into a political thread. Im sorry for the venting. Ill not post anymore on this anymore.

Pathrat
May 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM
This is so a political issue, and while my letter might not be worth a drop of spit in a rusty bucket when the votes are cast on the floor of Congress, it seems that writing and possibly supporting the cause by other means is the civil action available to us within the limits of the law.

Screweder
May 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM
This is so a political issue, and while my letter might not be worth a drop of spit in a rusty bucket when the votes are cast on the floor of Congress, it seems that writing and possibly supporting the cause by other means is the civil action available to us within the limits of the law.
Its just sad when Laws and Civil Liberties are spat on by the very people we entrust and elect to secure those rights. I'm sad to state that I agree with Dezel when it comes to an eminent uprising...

itsjustdan23
May 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.912project.com/ Check this out. This is something Glenn Beck put together. One of many Tea Parties around our nation. You need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on the Denver one. Or hell. Watch them all.

4Runninfun
May 14th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I really enjoy Glen Beck. He rips both sides down. Right now Dem or Rep they all NEED to be thumped on the head for what they are doing. And if they keep doing what they are doing enough people are getting upset right now that we could really see some large scale uprisings either peaceful or not.

SCRubicon
May 14th, 2009, 03:17 PM
You guys and gals know this was first brought up in 1989 in congress, I believe by a Utah senator? It has been brought up for vote I think every two years since then, and shot down each time, but by a lesser degree. It could pass now.

Do some real research if you want to fight it, you aren't fighting your government, you are fighting well funded and organized environmentalist organizations who want to shut down motorized access to public lands and are using your government as a tool to achieve their means.

It's only a fight if both sides are engaged, being mad does nothing if you aren't willing to take the on the fight with your own time and money.

Want to loan me a few million, I have nothing better to do with my time currently.

Pathrat
May 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Want to loan me a few million, I have nothing better to do with my time currently.

You would be good in that role; I'm sorry I don't have the cash to bankroll it