PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie.......

sthmstr
May 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hi there. Name's Aaron. Got a 88 Samurai soft top. Currently under the knife but should be back to life in another week or so. My 1.6 swap didn't go well.

Here's how I bought it.......

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_7aa99d45438a4119bf370809817859b9.jpg

Shortly after......

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/16/l_d7ca84a45ffaa308b391ccd98a3e3e70.jpg

Finally ready for some mild wheelin.....

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/77/l_ba631b316a0d46bcbfe416b2ed8b4813.jpg

Spoa lift........

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/39/l_713087bf70fa4ff0bbc6e12e4b0146d4.jpg

Current sad state.......

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_da89ca15d2ff4c63b4748eacccd1cbc7.jpg

Hopefully I'll get another shortblock soon then be on the road again. Next step is longtravel shocks, 31's and a winch.

Funrover
May 7th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Welcome,looks like you have some time in her!

Chris
May 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Nice to have you here sthmstr! We seem to home away from home for Sami owners lately which is very cool since we've all gained a helluva lot of respect for them lately.

:welcome:

sthmstr
May 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Bill with the red Samurai told me about the site. Can't wait to start hittin the trails this summer with ya'll.

Brody
May 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the site! Good luck with the engine stuff, too. Been there, done that...it's a lot of work! I did the 3.0L to 3.4L swap in my heap and I still remember the seemingly endless feet of wiring...not to mention all the plumbing..

Got a question for ya...What are you doing with my favorite Yota tool stashed by your windshield washer reservoir? I didn't know that Sammis needed the same discipline through pain sessions that Yotas did...

sthmstr
May 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Got a question for ya...What are you doing with my favorite Yota tool stashed by your windshield washer reservoir? I didn't know that Sammis needed the same discipline through pain sessions that Yotas did...

Haha...yeah it actually is a Toyota Specialty Service Tool. I got it it with my Supra. Although it can easily cross over to work on Suzukis or Fords. Very versitile. :lol:

Aaron
May 7th, 2009, 08:28 PM
The Sammis are taking over.

Chris
May 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
The Sammis are taking over.

Nah, I just checked the poll and there are only 3 here. :lol:

Swath
May 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
:welcome:

itsjustdan23
May 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM
:2thumbs: Welcome

WINKY
May 8th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Welcome!!! its nice to see you got rid of the miami vice pinstriping... the new paint job looks good man!!

sthmstr
May 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome!!! its nice to see you got rid of the miami vice pinstriping... the new paint job looks good man!!

Haha, yeah the stripes sucked bad. It was such a pain to strip off.

Thanks for the compliment and all the welcome!!

Gecko Cycles
May 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Hey Ho Aaron. Glad to see you made over to the dark side.
Summer is here now. Lets go play!

If admin would stop resetting the member rigs we would have 8 now. Guess we just have to get the guys to vote again. I think I saw one from along time ago that is inactive but the other 8 are very recent joining in the last month or so.

1freaky1
May 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Welcome Aaron, looks like you have been very busy on that ride, looks good so far!

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
If admin would stop resetting the member rigs we would have 8 now. Guess we just have to get the guys to vote again.

Just trying to give you Sami guys (and everyone else) a new chance to make your numbers real. ;)

Gecko Cycles
May 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I think our numbers are "real" being we all just signed up but also realize that this is for the whole forum not just us newbee Sammy's.

Wasn't there one more before Haku signed up and got the Sammy ball rollin?

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yes, twozooks was the first Sami but he lives in IL. Kind of a friend of the family once removed, right Ronnie? ;)

He was trying to bring it for a run we did in the Henry Mtns to scatter the ashes of my good friends son Mike. Mike was Ronnie's best friend who lost his battle with brain cancer as a very young man. Very tragic.

He dropped a new motor in it but wasn't confident to make the drive. He now also has Mike's old Sami which was given to him by Mike's parents.

It would be nice to hear what he's up to these days.

Gecko Cycles
May 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
So that would make 9 unless you cut his strings for inactivity.

What about the rest of my Zuks. You can't add more than one rig. Do they have to be running? How complete to they need to be? Does a thought count as one? LOL
Just kidding.

billsbar
May 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
welcome my freind, good luck with the short block hunting.

sthmstr
May 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
welcome my freind, good luck with the short block hunting.

Thanks Bill, and thanks to everyone else.

I'm headed to the junkyard on Tuesday morning to hopefully pull a motor. If it looks to be in good enough shape I may just clean it and run it for a few weeks till I can get my other block/head properly machined and built. At this point just want it to be slightly driveable.

78bronco
May 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
welcome this place is awesome

Roostercruiser
May 9th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Ho Aaron. Glad to see you made over to the dark side.
Summer is here now. Lets go play!

If admin would stop resetting the member rigs we would have 8 now. Guess we just have to get the guys to vote again. I think I saw one from along time ago that is inactive but the other 8 are very recent joining in the last month or so.

naw the sammis dont take up alot of room so 3 equals 1:D:lol:

sthmstr
May 9th, 2009, 04:57 PM
naw the sammis dont take up alot of room so 3 equals 1:D:lol:

haha!! makes sense to me. :lol: