PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler, Mosquito, Weston

Gecko Cycles
May 6th, 2009, 10:11 PM
LHC to 5 points. Then 286E up to Firemans Hill and down back to 5 Points and out LHC.
Josh has defiantly acquired some new balls after Moab. He had his tires hanging several times today.
Andy brought his new Yamaha. He has never been on a bike before this month and it showed. He had both his outriggers out the whole time and wouldn't lead the way so we could laugh. Took all the easy lines.

All was good with good friends and wonderful weather. Trail is in excellent shape with no snow and only a few mud puddles.

Josh left his camera so all we got was from my point and shoot.

The one photo with the post and cable is the upper challenge route which is still not complete lacking winch points yet to be installed. Not sure what the hold up is.

WINKY
May 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
nice man nice!!!!

Gecko Cycles
May 6th, 2009, 10:14 PM
A few more

Gecko Cycles
May 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Going down Firemans and out.

Funrover
May 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Looks like you had a great time!

4Runninfun
May 6th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Looks like fun. I hoping to have time next week to come pickup that kick wheel and run LHC with you. Looks like a fun trail.

Gecko Cycles
May 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Looks like fun. I hoping to have time next week to come pickup that kick wheel and run LHC with you. Looks like a fun trail.
We can load the wheel after the run. Give me a call. I'm usually up for any ride spur of the moment.

Here's my Photobucket link of the ride today.
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm202/geckocycles/LHC%205-6/

Swath
May 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
We can load the wheel after the run. Give me a call. I'm usually up for any ride spur of the moment.

Here's my Photobucket link of the ride today.
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm202/geckocycles/LHC%205-6/

Your becoming quite the night owl there KB....:lol:

4Runninfun
May 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
yeah since i've never been up that way it'd be nice to have a guide.

Ace
May 7th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Had a fun time for sure... And I didn't kill myself on the bike. BONUS.

Gecko Cycles
May 7th, 2009, 08:04 AM
And woke up late at 6 am too. Just had to get the pictures posted.

1freaky1
May 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM
cool shots!

Swath
May 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Had a fun time for sure... And I didn't kill myself on the bike. BONUS.

I rode all over LHC in the late 80s on my XR600, it was a great place to go dang near all year long to keep my dirt bike fix fed through the winter.

Back then Carnage was a great single track, there were challenging single tracks all over the place. It was a great place to ride and hone your skills.

I'm happy to hear that you were able to come out not dead.

Gecko Cycles
May 7th, 2009, 12:39 PM
It's pretty easy now. I hardly spun a tire anywhere except in the root section where there was a big hole that I had to try to do. I don't think I dropped a wheel anywhere either. There are harder lines I need to pursue but I am happy without any carnage and just enjoying the ride.
Josh a a bit of trouble in a few spots being open open and not geared as low as me. Nothing a simple line change and skinny pedal didn't fix.

Brody
May 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM

You guys do this, let me know. Either post the run or PM me.

Jon, if you do this and don't want to drive back home the same day, you got a place to stay at our house.

Gecko Cycles
May 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Pete, you must be working. I haven't seen you online as much.

I wish the Challenge route was open for you to give it a try. That would really make it worth the trip. It is a good fun trail with good views none the less. There is another trail that is much steeper that we could try too that would be best suited for your rig.

Did you get that ARB fixed yet? Let me know if I can help if you haven't.

We will keep you informed as others here when Jon says he can come up. Maybe we can get some other guys besides the Sammy clan to go with a bit more notice.

I usually do things spure of the moment. But hey I gave you all 3 hrs notice this time. I'm getting better! :lol: