PDA

View Full Version : Chinaman Gulch Sunday April 26th

Haku
April 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hey all,

So I made a thread about doing one of the harder trails and decided to do Chinamans this coming Sunday. It wasn't obvious from the thread that a trip was planned, so I decided to start this one too to see if I could entice some others to join us.

This trail is medium level to advanced, and a lifted vehicle is highly recommended. Lockers would be helpful but not necessary (I don't have any). There are quite a few places where high clearance is necessary though it sounds like there are bypasses around many (but not all). Here is the trail description:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1

The current plan is to meet at 10am at Johnsons Village (corner of 285 and CO24 kind of near Buena Vista) which is about 3 hours away. I am up for camping the night before, but am fine with driving up the morning off and making it a day trip too. Its up on the calender, so if you want to come along post up an RSVP. Currently its just Me and Geckocycles going, and Brody if he can get his Hydro Assist done and confirmation from "the other half". Should be a fun trip. Probably a long day as well, so be prepared to get home well after dark.

JH

Funrover
April 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
That is a fun trail... Have fun... I will be web wheeling at work!

Warrlord
April 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
I love that trail. I would like to go but I won't RSVP because I'm not sure at this point. I have to work Saturday & there's things I need to get done on Sunday. But...............I'll work my butt off at the house Saturday after work. If I see you guys at the meeting place at 10:00, I'll tag along. If I'm not there at 10:00 (I'm always early) then that means I didn't get all my chores finished.

Are you meeting at the Gunsmoke Truckstop or the corner of the highway & the dirt road, at the trailhead, or???

Haku
April 23rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Warrlord,

We'd love to have you along for sure. Meet at the truck stop itself. There should be plenty of parking for the small group of people going.

JH

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
It is a good trail to run for folks who might be interested! Low enough in elevation that it shouldn't have snow.

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Since I had to bail of Slaughterhouse I'm going to see if I can make this. BV is calling and I've never done Chinaman.

Funrover
April 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
You will like it Chris... It really is a great trail

Ace
April 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm out.

Looks like I have a blown head gasket or a cracked head in the Sammy.

Why do these things wait until the weather is awesome to break?

Warrlord
April 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Warrlord,

We'd love to have you along for sure. Meet at the truck stop itself. There should be plenty of parking for the small group of people going.

JH

Thanks :thunb: I'm gonna do my best to get everything done.

Since I had to bail of Slaughterhouse I'm going to see if I can make this. BV is calling and I've never done Chinaman.

I'm thinkin' you're gonna love this trail :D

I'm out.

Man that sux! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can her back on the trails in short order :thunb:

Haku
April 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm out.

That sucks dude....not the answer to the "smoke" issue you were hoping for. Hope its just the gasket and that it didn't do any damage. Love to have ya on the trip, but I understand.

JH

4wdhunter
April 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
I really want to run this trail, but won't be able to make it this weekend. Probably going to be June before I'm able to get out, but definitely want to run this trail sometime this summer.

Gecko Cycles
April 23rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm out.

Why do these things wait until the weather is awesome to break?I have a head if you need.

Swath
April 23rd, 2009, 11:57 PM
I have a head if you need.

Wow, sometimes a feller just can't get ahead.
Then again.....

Ace
April 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I have a head if you need.

I was "eyeing" that head you have atop a busted block...

I'll pull it and have a look see. Thanks for the offer. Gonna be a few weeks cause next Wednesday I head for Utah for 5 days.

Gecko Cycles
April 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I was "eyeing" that head you have atop a busted block...

I'll pull it and have a look see. Thanks for the offer. Gonna be a few weeks cause next Wednesday I head for Utah for 5 days.A FEW WEEKS!

I was offering it to you so you go with us this weekend. So you plan on being down for some time? I have a 1.3 you can have back. :lol:

Ace
April 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
A FEW WEEKS!

I was offering it to you so you go with us this weekend. So you plan on being down for some time? I have a 1.3 you can have back. :lol:

I've got all weekend to work on it. I gotta pull the head to figure out the problem then order parts.

Yep, pull a good 1.3 and put in a crappy 1.6. Just my luck. Lots of energy and money spent for 1.2 cups of added displacement!

Haku
April 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hey guys,

Its make or break time on saying yes or no to this trip. KB said he wants to go do something else if its just me and him (Zombie crew is having a party at the Slaughterhouse Gulch trail) so just wondering where Brody and Chris are at on this. There were a few other people who were at the "maybe but I won't know till the last minute" types as well. Kinda need to know so I can know if its good to go or not. I'm for sure in as long as I have someone else on the trip with me, so let me know.

JH

Chris
April 25th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Go ahead with your plans, I'm still up in the air with some family drama announced today.

Warrlord
April 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Might as well go ahead & go to the Zombiefest :thunb:

With all I gotta do tonight after work, it's still lookin' iffy for tomorrows run. :)

Gecko Cycles
April 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I'm in still. I'm at my friends house in Fairplay and am running it today and tomorrow.

Haku
April 25th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm in still. I'm at my friends house in Fairplay and am running it today and tomorrow.

Cool, then I am in too. If you'd said something I might have joined you today too. Oh well, I'm going down to Colorado Springs to help Scoutman figure his rig out and get some parts and such. I'll see you there tomorrow.

JH

Gecko Cycles
April 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I know it was a spur decesion.

Curly hair up the you know what or something.

Swath
April 25th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I know it was a spur decesion.

Curly hair up the you know what or something.

How's the weather up there now?

Gecko Cycles
April 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
60 deg no snow medium wind.

Drizzle and fog this morning on the way here but cleared up with scattered clouds at Jefferson

Haku
April 25th, 2009, 05:57 PM
60 deg no snow medium wind.

Drizzle and fog this morning on the way here but cleared up with scattered clouds at Jefferson

Well, sounds like its just you and me, so I guess I'll see you at 10am at Johnson's Village. If anyone else is coming and you won't know till tomorrow, give me a call in the morning so we know to wait for you. If you want my number shoot me a PM tonight and I'll give it to you. I'll be leaving around 7am from home.

JH

JeepersCreepers
April 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Wish I could make it. I have not done that trail yet. Already have other plans. Have fun!