PDA

View Full Version : Front Range 4x4 Contact List

Chris
April 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
We got this started a long time ago and it fell by the wayside so I'd like to revive it. Simple concept, if you can provide help to fellow members when they're on the trail (or off) when they need help add your name and info to this list. Once compiled I'll send it to everyone who wants it.

Include:
Username
Real name
Distance willing to travel
Day & time availability
Recovery tools & such to help determine if you'd fit the need.

PM to me using "Contact Info" as the subject.

:thunb:

Funrover
April 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I still have your last PM .. this really is a great idea!

4Runninfun
April 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM
chris do you still have my old pm to you about this? if not i can send it again.

Chris
April 19th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I have the old list (not the PM's) but know a lot of it has changed so i'd like new info from everyone to save me from searching, comparing and editing. ;)

Funrover
April 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Sent

WINKY
April 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
sent i will update you when the winch is installed.

Brody
April 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mine, too...

Pathrat
April 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
My info is the same

Roostercruiser
April 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
i just sent you pm and forgot to add that you can post this info . also i might be camping but if im close by someone needong help im i can help also.

1freaky1
April 20th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Sent!

Chris
April 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
My info is the same

Please re-send it, thanks.

1freaky1
April 20th, 2009, 07:46 AM
HAHA Pathrat got caught trying to take a short cut!:p

Chris
April 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM
And showed she didn't read the whole thread. :tsk:

Funrover
April 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Slacker

Pathrat
April 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
And showed she didn't read the whole thread. :tsk:

Well, I was asked to be more like the supermoderators, and follow their example :D

Pathrat
April 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
HAHA Pathrat got caught trying to take a short cut!:p

Slacker

Wasn't Brody saying I was slacker too? That's three indications that I have a serious flaw. I need to take a few days off and contemplate my shortcomings. :p:lol:

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
I've gotten contact info from: Jamie, Funrover, Brody, gm4x4lover, DEEZLPWR, cowboyjarman, DETN8R, 1freaky1, Dirt Claude, 4Runninfun, Pathrat, greenramp

Anyone else?

RockyMtnHigh
April 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Sent you a PM Chris.

Brody
April 23rd, 2009, 04:34 PM
So are we going to get a list that we can print out and carry or download to Blackberries or our laptops when it is compiled? Are you just going to PM the folks that have responded? What is your plan here??

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
Exactly Pete, no trouble downloading to your Blueberry is there?

My intent is to send a copy of the compiled list to everyone that's provided info though that sounds kind of self-serving. On the other hand I don't want to be the one to send everyone's info blindly either.

Opinions?

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
One other thing I should mention is you don't have to be equipped with all the recovery gear to cover any situation to add yourself to the list. IIRC, the last time someone needed help was because he ran out of gas. Every one of could help in that situation.

That's why I asked for recovery gear to be included. That way someone could look at the list and see who's equipped for the task at hand. The only time I personally could have used such a list was when I needed a ride from the trailhead. A Pinto would have worked just fine.

WINKY
April 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
take a census. Those that have provided the info get a yay or nay from them to send to the masses on here. I for one have no problem with my info being given out.

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
That's too easy :erm:

Okay, anyone that has sent their info already PM me with a "yes" for giving it to anyone on here that asks for a copy. If I get a "no" it will just go to those who also supplied info.

Thanks Randy.

RockyMtnHigh
April 23rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Opinions?

I like the idea of this, I tried to do it on another forum and let's just say it was like a deer in the headlight look from people.:eek:

I think it should be shared by those of us who put our info out there, regardless of what type of recovery equipment you may or may not have you can always help in other ways. Not to sound mean, but I don't want to be helping someone who wont pay it forward themselves to someone else in need. Just my opinion.

gm4x4lover
April 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I wont mind if my info is available to anyone that needs a hand But i dont want my phone number to be made public. What if the contact info was done with an email address instead of phone number. And the mods had the availability of handy out the phone numbers to others on the list?

4Runninfun
April 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
i think if you shared your info you get a copy if you didn't then tough luck. i don't have a problem with anyone who is on the list having my info. but i wouldn't want it public.

1freaky1
April 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yes this is all a good idea and I agree that those of us that did send the info get a copy but the ones that didn't can get one upon request.

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
I wont mind if my info is available to anyone that needs a hand But i dont want my phone number to be made public. What if the contact info was done with an email address instead of phone number. And the mods had the availability of handy out the phone numbers to others on the list?

Not sure what you mean by 'public' This will not be posted anywhere. The intent is to print it out after getting it and sticking it in your truck in hopes of never needing it.

i think if you shared your info you get a copy if you didn't then tough luck. i don't have a problem with anyone who is on the list having my info. but i wouldn't want it public.

I can appreciate that and can't argue your view. I won't give anyone's info to anyone for a bit. Going to wait to see what happens.

As it stands it looks like the list will go only to those who have sent info.

4Runninfun
April 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I can appreciate that and can't argue your view. I won't give anyone's info to anyone for a bit. Going to wait to see what happens.

As it stands it looks like the list will go only to those who have sent info.

not trying to be a huge hardass, brody is good enough at that ;) my thought is just that the list is a two way street. if you want the ability to call someone make sure if they need help in turn they can call you.

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
I can't argue that Jon!

gm4x4lover
April 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
x2:)

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Looks like 2 lists will be provided, always like to keep everybody happy ;)

gm4x4lover
April 23rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
you aim to please dont you chris. I was thinking it could be a sticky with contact info for any newbies or people who arent registered can take advantage of it by email.

Chris
April 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
Posted email address = Spam Magnet, I never post anyone's email though some people do it themself. If somebody not registered and called me I'd seriously question the call for help.

Pathrat
April 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
not trying to be a huge hardass, brody is good enough at that ;) my thought is just that the list is a two way street. if you want the ability to call someone make sure if they need help in turn they can call you.

I agree with Jon here (I have not met you yet, but I hope I got your name right :)). If you are not willing to help out, then you don't get the free list of people who would come bail you out just because that is how they, the rescuers are.

Sorry if I irritate people, but considering how many members we have, it seems that judging from the people who mentioned they have sent you their info, there should be more people offering. Just my :2c:

Brody
April 24th, 2009, 07:13 AM
not trying to be a huge hardass, brody is good enough at that ;)

Ok, Jon...learn me on this .....

Yes...I think the list should be available to those of us that actually supplied the info. It would be too easy to be taken advantage of otherwise. Bottom line..I don't mind helping out people that I see in trouble on the trail, as do most of us, but here on the forum, it is another situation. If I get a 2AM phone call from someone on the list, I am packing my stuff and going, whether I know them or not. I wouldn't feel the same if I knew that I was doing this for someone that wasn't going to do it for me.

I value my sleep too much...

Aaron
April 24th, 2009, 07:17 AM

Yes...I think the list should be available to those of us that actually supplied the info. It would be too easy to be taken advantage of otherwise. Bottom line..I don't mind helping out people that I see in trouble on the trail, as do most of us, but here on the forum, it is another situation. If I get a 2AM phone call from someone on the list, I am packing my stuff and going, whether I know them or not. I wouldn't feel the same if I knew that I was doing this for someone that wasn't going to do it for me.

Yeah. What he said!

Funrover
April 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM

X2.... and I have recieved that 2am call before..hahahaha.. but they returned the favor more than a million times over. :thunb:

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM
The dim lightbulb in my head just flickered and I think I actually retained the thought :woot:

What if you were to assign someone to be a dispatcher of sorts. The dispatcher get the callers information, such as location and extent of assistance needed, and then goes down the list of people closest with the most suitable hardware for the situation. That way not everybody has everybody's number.

What would be needed for the dispatcher is closest cross streets for the members who are willing to give/and may need to recieve help. That way if somebody broke down in Rampart, I'd be closer and be able to help quicker than Brody, but Brody is closer to Nederland than I am... So on so on, ect ect.

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Or we could get Sean to convince his buddies with the black helicopters to airlift anybody in touble out... but you know those Government types... :D

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:29 AM
The dim lightbulb in my head just flickered and I think I actually retained the thought :woot:

What if you were to assign someone to be a dispatcher of sorts. The dispatcher get the callers information, such as location and extent of assistance needed, and then goes down the list of people closest with the most suitable hardware for the situation. That way not everybody has everybody's number.

What would be needed for the dispatcher is closest cross streets for the members who are willing to give/and may need to recieve help. That way if somebody broke down in Rampart, I'd be closer and be able to help quicker than Brody, but Brody is closer to Nederland than I am... So on so on, ect ect.
Sounds like you just volunteered ther Chris:thunb: Way to go!:D

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Doesn't bother me any. Admin Chris can give out my secondary number to anybody. I can start keeping it on me at all times *if this is what he wants to do* I work and sleep odd hours and always wake to my phone.

P.s. Since my name matches the the head honcho, you should put my last initial in there as well when talking to me... Chris S. Thank you :-)

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:49 AM
You mean you guys don't to go by Big Chris and Lil Chris or #1 &2:D

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Theres actually 3 Chris's. Brody refers to me as Young Chris, since I am only 21 :D

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I'll go with Chris S. then cuase it is too confusing otherwise.

Brody
April 26th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Theres actually 3 Chris's. Brody refers to me as Young Chris, since I am only 21 :D

Great idea, Chris! The dispatcher thing...needs a little refining cause it puts it all on one person who may or may not be available...

Sean:

Antique Chris: Admin
Dodge Chris: Chris with the big Dodge with da flames on da hood
Young Chris: Screweder, the helicopter pilot

:lol::lol::lol:

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Great idea, Chris! The dispatcher thing...needs a little refining cause it puts it all on one person who may or may not be available...

Sean:

Antique Chris: Admin
Dodge Chris: Chris with the big Dodge with da flames on da hood
Young Chris: Screweder, the helicopter pilot

:lol::lol::lol:

I likes that Brody that is GOOD!:D

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM
On call weeks maybe? A few people who could rotate? Then you could post who was the on call dispatcher. Might be a little more difficult to use though, if people had to have the responsibility of contacting the right dispatcher...

That lightbulb just burned out. Its in your capable hands Brody. ;)

Chris
April 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
P.s. Since my name matches the the head honcho, you should put my last initial in there as well when talking to me... Chris S. Thank you :-)

Chris S won't work because that's me too. :D

I like the idea of a dispatcher, maybe a few people to make sure someone is available.

4Runninfun
April 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
i'm not too crazy on the dispatcher idea. seams like a lot of added complexity when it's not needed. the more complex something is whether it's a car part or a plan of action the more likely it is to fail remember K.I.S.S.

Admin if you'd like me to take this over just let me know. We're only a few more weeks away from trials opening and it would be ideal to get this done, and in people glove boxes.

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I think 3 numbers for someone to store and know to call is technically easier than flipping through a booklet. The first 2 names in the book will be the ones always called. And sometimes cell reception is flakey in the hills. If you can get a signal through, its best for that to be to someone that can help/find help. That's just my thoughts.

Chris
April 26th, 2009, 06:53 PM
i'm not too crazy on the dispatcher idea. seams like a lot of added complexity when it's not needed. the more complex something is whether it's a car part or a plan of action the more likely it is to fail remember K.I.S.S.

Admin if you'd like me to take this over just let me know. We're only a few more weeks away from trials opening and it would be ideal to get this done, and in people glove boxes.

I won't read anything between the lines Jon but I'd be happy to have you take it over. ;) Reply with a yes and I'll forward the the PM's to you.

Thanks!

Chris
April 26th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Jon/4runninfun will be taking this over. :thunb:

Brody
April 27th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Sweet! Dereliction of duties!...oops...I mean.....

Dispatchers would be too complicated and rough to keep up with on the calendar...at least for me. I would rather have a list showing people's addresses and contact numbers and call whomever would be closest..but, then again, I seldom look at a calendar...

1freaky1
April 27th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Whats a calendar, being on night shift you just go and count the days you work and the ones you are off so you never know what the date is and sometimes what day it is.

Chris
April 27th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Closed, please see this thread: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33853#post33853