PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Park Sat

Gecko Cycles
April 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Ace, Swath and myself are doing Johnny Park, Bunce, Switzerland and other off shoots. Maybe hit Lefthand on the way back if it is later and the crowds are down.

Meeting at Subway in Lyons at 9am.

There are a few guys that are going to try Spring Creek but I think it is still too early for us to try. I have not heard of anyone that has done it in the last 2 or 3 months so we will find some wheelin up this way.

Haku
April 11th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Ace, Swath and myself are doing Johnny Park, Bunce, Switzerland and other off shoots. Maybe hit Lefthand on the way back if it is later and the crowds are down.

Meeting at Subway in Lyons at 9am.

There are a few guys that are going to try Spring Creek but I think it is still too early for us to try. I have not heard of anyone that has done it in the last 2 or 3 months so we will find some wheelin up this way.

Awww man, I was planning on going on the Russel Gulch run, otherwise I'd be all over it. I'll probably stick with that for now, since Johnny Park only looks a bit more challenging. If you were going on Sunday I would be all over it though (not there necessarily but just going out wheeling). Have a good time guys.

JH

Brody
April 11th, 2009, 04:58 AM
If you guys could put these runs on the calendar??

RockyMtnHigh
April 11th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I thought Brunce was closed and Johnny Park, think some of the guys from COTTORA tried to run them not long ago, I think this is the thread: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124662

Gecko Cycles
April 11th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Bunce is closed at Camp Dick but the north entrance is always open. Nto sure about Johnny but there is lots of trails up there that are runnable and explorable like crash site if you can get to the trail head from Bunce. Rock Creek and Bright Trail. Bright is a fun trail and Rock Creek can be a challenge if the snow is high. We have bashed it pretty good until the PS overheated and we turned around. The off shoots of Switerland can be challenging too. Then there is always the network of trails off Left Hand.

We will be busy.

Got to finish packing. Have a great day!

Brody
April 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hey Ken

Bunce School got closed at the Meadows by a FS gate last year. This is about 3-4miles in and essentially closes the trail before the rock section , the sand pits and the T33A crash site. We found this out last year when we tried to run the trail like we have always run it..to the Camp Dick gate closure before the switchbacks..I have been posting this information on the site for the last year...just don't know where...it certainly doesn't pop up when someone mentions Bunce School...

I just love seeing our tax dollars at work...another bone stupid, absolutely worthless, absolutely meaningless trail closure...just like the closure of the Mud Pits at Slaughterhouse and the gate at Crow Creek....stupid, stupid, stupid...Thank you USGS, once again...

Gecko Cycles
April 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM
We didn't try to go the crash site. Both Jeff and Andy said that it was gated off. We came in by the school and came out in the middle on 217 I think.

We never saw a closed gate but I am not sure where we were completely.

I was at the final run of the season. The FS opened the gate at Camp Dick and closed it behind us. They followed us out and locked the gate behind us. It was really cool of them to let us run it after it was officially closed. The FS heard that we planned a run on Colo4x4 and they met us at Camp Dick. We did MSV and Coney Flats where they closed the gate.
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm202/geckocycles/MSV-%20Coney%20Flats%2011-16/