PDA

View Full Version : New Toyota guy

JKimmel
April 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM
My name is Jeremy, I live in Lakewood. Here is a pic of my Toy when I bought it about three years ago, and now. I'm down for a bit until I find a new 22RE but since Moab is just a month away it won't be long. :)

I've installed a chevy dana 60 front with an ARB and 5.86 gears, along with a 3 link that uses 2.5 SAW air shocks and 2.0 SAW air bumps. The rear is a dana 61 with 35 spline shafts and a welded center section. It uses a 4 link with 2.0 SAW air shocks. I run 42" iroc's and 17" MRW wheels, and the driveline is your basic 22RE-5speed-dual ultimate crawler cases.

Brody
April 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the site! There are a few Yotas here, though none as set up as yours..

Can you still drive that on the street or do you have to trailer it? It looks sweet and very flexy...

I got my last 22R/RE from Yota Yard for $500. It was out of a Corona and obviously had a different cam than the trucks cause it was quite a bit more sparky without losing any low end grunt. Yoda Jim probably sells them for a little less...You Also might see what Steve Brownell at Central Foreign Auto gets for them, but you might already be dialed into an engine source..

At any rate, welcome to the site! Hope to see you on the trail soon..

JKimmel
April 5th, 2009, 06:22 PM
thanks I will check that out, I don't have an engine source yet, I figured Yota Jim, he told me 600 bucks for a low miler, we will see. I am ready to pick up a complete one here very shortly.

It is definately trailer only, I can hit 65 going downhill :) It is plated though so i can drive on the road in Moab.

Brody
April 5th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Central Foreign's number is in the vendors section. Talk to Steve Brownell and tell him that you are from Front Range 4x4 and that Peter Brody sent you down there. See what he comes up with on the price...

If you end up going down there, see if Vue's (or Vu) Yota is there. It is pretty sweet, bobbed and linked, 38s or 39 Swampers..nice set up.

4Runninfun
April 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM
welcome to the site. if you're interested in building one i have a block and head for sale.

JKimmel
April 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
welcome to the site. if you're interested in building one i have a block and head for sale.

thanks for the offer, a month ago I was all over it. I just sold a completely refreshed head that I had, and I could not find a reasonable deal on a new bottom end. At this point I just want to find a complete runner that I can drop in on a Saturday and wire it up :)

Chris
April 5th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Welcome Jeremy, nice to have you on the board. Hope to see your rig in action some time. Doesn't look like anything would give you much trouble.

:cheers:

Patrolman
April 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Check this out
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1108522401.html

WINKY
April 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome Jeremy!!!!! you got pics of your other yota? i remember you telling me bout a 4runner?

JKimmel
April 5th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Check this out
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1108522401.html

ya I actually tried contacting him about a month ago when he first put that stuff up for sale, he never bothered to get back to me:confused:

Pathrat
April 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hello and Welcome! That is quite a conversion you did there!

H3_Mafia
April 5th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome!

Funrover
April 6th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Welcome. sweet set up

Jimmy
April 9th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Sweet buildup! I couldn't bring myself to go the tow rig-n-trailer route, so I downsized when I moved out to CO a few years back. Though, I do have the itch for a down-n-dirty buggy to have a blast with... maybe down the road a few years. ;)

Welcome!

JKimmel
April 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM
sometimes it is not so good. I have a 98 4Runner that is all stock for exploring stuff, I really enjoy that too. Some trails are just boring in the truck.

Moab trips are far more fun when you can go 70 over the passes and not worry about getting the rig home. I don't ever try to destroy it, I avoid body damage if I can but its nice not to be too concerned about it :)

1freaky1
April 9th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the site, maybe you should do like Brody and put in a 3.0 supercharged!Nice rig by the way!

4Runninfun
April 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the site, maybe you should do like Brody and put in a3.4 supercharged!Nice rig by the way!

fixed it for ya :thunb:

Brody
April 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Yes...a 3.4L it is. No super chargers for the 3.Slow....And it has responded like a Chevy 350 as to any performance mods I have doe to it.

Not much you can do to a 3.0 paperweight to make it run better aside from better air and exhaust, though DOA and LLC both offer a bad short or long block. But if you were going to drop $5k into an engine, why not do a supercharged Lexus V8 set up or something along that line. Be like spending $3-4k on a really bad 22RE...Why?

JKimmel
April 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
no 3.4 for me :) I just need it to stay running on the big climbs and not vapor lock in the summer in the mountains.

picked up a very good running 22R today with the right head from Yota Jim. I got it cleaned up and am hoping to get it installed this weekend so the hard part of wiring it can get underway ASAP :)