PDA

View Full Version : Shimmy/wobble problems, anyone?

Brody
April 5th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Here is an e mail I got from Dave Pritchett. I thought that I would post it here for the laugh factor.

Hey, Hurricane Willys....have you looked under your rig lately? Something like this may be causing the 'death wobble'!

Possible Root Cause,

A woman ran over a mattress and decided to keep going anyway.

The mattress got caught in the cars under belly and finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank.

Leaking gas she still managed to drive the car for 30 more miles decently, with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.

The subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought her vehicle to its knees.

After having her car towed to her dealer's garage, she complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it at high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

Chris
April 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
:lol:

4Runninfun
April 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM
amazing...:rolleyes:

Funrover
April 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
That e-mail still amazes me.

WINKY
April 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
WTF??????????:confused::eek::bang: some people dont belong on the road

ShutUpHippie
April 6th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Wow, I've never seen anything quite like that before. Next time my sister complains about her car, I'll ask her what she had run over recently, haha!:D

Roostercruiser
April 6th, 2009, 11:21 PM
WOW

Brody
April 7th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah, when I saw this, I was trying to see if it was a blue and white FJ with Moab stickers on it.....and was looking for Gate Monkey's face in the crowd of folks underneath the rig...

Boy...I think I have done it this time.....

1freaky1
April 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Well at least she didnt have to worry about the u joints seperating and losing the driveshaft!

itsjustdan23
April 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hey, I maybe new to this site, But I think that was a mattras she ran over! hahahha hello Captian Obvious! She should loose her D/L and only be allowed to use horse and buggy. YIKES

Chris
April 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Agreed itsjustdan23! :lol:

How about an Intro now? Click here -> http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

:cheers:

Dan
April 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I can't even imagine running over something that large and not checking the rear view to ensure it came out the other end????

She's lucky that there wasn't any straggley wires hanging down causing sparks near her fuel tank leak...That would've fixed her problem for sure...:rolleyes:

Patrolman
April 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Saw someone on I-25 hit a dead Xmas tree this last January with their minivan. "ka-bloom" of dead needles all over the place! Didn't even swerve the tiniest bit and there was nobody else in the lanes near them. Got off on I-225 and just kept on going with a tree pushing along in front of their van.

1freaky1
April 8th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Hey, I maybe new to this site, But I think that was a mattras she ran over! hahahha hello Captian Obvious! She should loose her D/L and only be allowed to use horse and buggy. YIKES
Don't think thats a good idea she would forget to feed & water it and go crazy looking for a turn signal lever oh wait if she didn't realise what she did then she probably does not know there are turn signals either.

Gecko Cycles
April 9th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Maybe she has a teenager that used it last?

AboveNBeyond
April 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I think the only thing scarier is the guys sitting there thinking...

Hmmm, think we should use the torch!! :eek: LOL

Gas joke fo the slo ones... :thunb: