PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbor's Rigs x2

Brody
April 4th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Here are a couple of other rigs my neighbor owns. The International is a 61 with a BB Chevy and beefed up C4, PS conversion, original drivetrain, tilt steering wheel and is pretty sweet. It may very well be up for sale...

The 'go kart', if you can call it that, is put together from pieces of stuff he had lying around. He used the engine from a burned 750 Honda, front and rear from two wrecked ATVs, stuff from a Polaris snowmobile, steering from a small farm tractor, etc, etc. I loved it! He set it up to ride (fast) through fields and FS roads and says that he has never shifted into 5th gear because it is so fast...

I found out more about the 67 RS 4x4, too. Some folks were dismayed because he used this body on a 4x frame and I mentioned that there was reason. The body is actually put together from pieces of 3 different Camaros, all with a fair bit of rust. He had a badly rusted Blazer, and bits and pieces of junk Camaros lying around, looked at everything one day and said"Why the hell not"... this was 20 + years ago, too, before this model was a collector's dream..and not pieces ...I personally loved the Camaro 4x4 and would used it as my DD just to PO and upset people, but that is me....Be like smoking in Boulder and spitting on the sidewalks there in public...something to do for the reaction value...

Brody
April 4th, 2009, 06:33 AM
And here is the kart

Roostercruiser
April 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
sarah and i were looking for one like that before we got the blade. my father in law has been trying to biuld one from an old yamaha. he is looking for an old atv to fininsh it. but here is what we have so far. its sitting on angle iron frame .

1freaky1
April 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Loving that IH.

4Runninfun
April 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Loving that IH.

X2!

Funrover
April 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Loving that IH.

X3!!!

H3_Mafia
April 4th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Cool International!

greenramp
April 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Sweet Ih!
Built a similar buggy once here (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29101#post29101) just so I dont hi-jack a thread.

Pathrat
April 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I love seeing what people can build out of "junk"

Dan
April 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Love the IH!!!