PDA

View Full Version : Press twenty-six to talk to a human

Chris
March 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Maybe this should be called "why I don't own a gun." I have Comcast for internet, phone & cable and they decided to disconnect me today for non-payment even though I talked to them and let them know something was wrong. Seems they didn't tell me my account number changed and my automatic bill pay was paying a deleted account. They did let my bank know the payment was going to the wrong account so Wells Fargo did their checking and decided the money should be paying my mothers Comcast account instead. :eek:

I shouldn't even try to guess how many hours I spent on this stupid cr*p today but 6 is probably right. About the only thing I got done today besides this BS was an eye exam where I learned w/o my glasses I'm legally blind with 20/400 vision. :erm:

All in all one cr*ppy day. Oh yeah, the disconnect screwed up my wireless connection so I'm tethered to the wall now.

Hope y'all had a good day! ;)

WINKY
March 30th, 2009, 09:52 PM
i never let anyone automatically take stuff out of my acounts for this very reason... sorry to hear you had a bad day, but i bet your mom is happy she has a running positive balance on her comcast..lol whenever i deal with comcast i get names and such and write down what they promise, ive had them try to screw me over on discounts and stuff and i tell them who i talked to the time i talked to them and what day and what they said, they never put up a fight.

Chris
March 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: yeah, telling my mom that it was my money paying her bill was kind of a disappointment for her I'm sure.

Pathrat
March 30th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hey, I am blind as a bat too! I cannot see the E, and when the eye chart is lighted, it just looks grey.

I am none too pleased with Comcast either and your story doesn't help my confidence. :(

Roostercruiser
March 31st, 2009, 07:33 AM
im not that far behind you i cant see anything barely with out my glasses:eek:

Brody
March 31st, 2009, 07:42 AM
LaDawn just got off the phone after about 4 hours dealing with a credit card screw up...same kinda stupid (on their part) mistake. I heard " An important message will follow" for 45 minutes before the phone disconnected at their end of things. Never heard the message. It takes a lot to make LaDawn angry (no comments from the peanut gallery here about her having to deal with me....)but, she got angry...and got some results. She was disconnected about three different times...

I never have any kind of direct withdrawal stuff either as it is way to easy for them to screw stuff up...and you pay the consequences...

Many times if you are trying to get through to a human on the phone, especially with the big companies and all of the 'press x' options, if you just punch in the 'O' for operator key, you will be directed to a live version of a human being...

And ain't it great getting older? My vision is slowly going, too and my last hearing test showed about a 70% loss in my left ear and 60% in my right...Too bad that I am now living with someone I actually want to hear...I would've enjoyed the loss a number of years ago when I was living with someone else...

Chris
March 31st, 2009, 08:22 AM
And ain't it great getting older? My vision is slowly going, too and my last hearing test showed about a 70% loss in my left ear and 60% in my right...Too bad that I am now living with someone I actually want to hear...I would've enjoyed the loss a number of years ago when I was living with someone else...

:lol: I shouldn't divulge my secret but what the hell. If I move to anyone's right I'm doing the old "turning a deaf ear" trick. Getting old is okay, it beats the alternative.

scout man
March 31st, 2009, 11:25 AM
LaDawn just got off the phone after about 4 hours dealing with a credit card screw up...same kinda stupid (on their part) mistake. I heard " An important message will follow" for 45 minutes before the phone disconnected at their end of things. Never heard the message. It takes a lot to make LaDawn angry (no comments from the peanut gallery here about her having to deal with me....)but, she got angry...and got some results. She was disconnected about three different times...

I never have any kind of direct withdrawal stuff either as it is way to easy for them to screw stuff up...and you pay the consequences...

Many times if you are trying to get through to a human on the phone, especially with the big companies and all of the 'press x' options, if you just punch in the 'O' for operator key, you will be directed to a live version of a human being...

Also, on a LOT of systems, if you press 0000 multiple times it will connect to an operator at an expedited pace as an "emergency" code... worked great for me with Ameren (power company in Illinois).

Chris
March 31st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I usually don't push anything but then they start transferring me. I finally figured out to ask for a direct number to whoever I'm dealing with so followups aren't as painful.

1freaky1
March 31st, 2009, 12:24 PM
I only have one account that comes out of my checking and that is for car insurance which is about to change since they are raising my rates with no tickets, accidents, or claims in the last 5 years. As for eyesight I'm stuck with the dual vision problem of near sighted in one eye and far in the other and the new Bi-focals are reaping havoc with welding and working on vehicles.

As for Comcast I got away from them 6 yrs ago after they literally stole my modem and all that went with it claiming there was non payment for my modem. This happened when I was not home and one my of sisters was staying with me. After talking with 5 supervisors I got my modem (alone) back 3 weeks later, but they are still trying to bill me for the modem which I own outright, So end result is when they finally take me to court and I present the original contract showing I owned my modem they should not be billing me for $500+ for my modem.

It is truly sad that these big companies see everything as the consumers fault regardless of their own actions or non actions!

Chris
March 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Talking to Comcast yesterday I found out some of my payments went to a general fun. Apparently my money is there but nobody seems to know where. I've turned it over to them to work out with Wells Fargo.

Pathrat
March 31st, 2009, 09:25 PM
It takes a lot to make LaDawn angry (no comments from the peanut gallery here about her having to deal with me....)

tall order!

I do the same thing

Love your way with words Brody.

The room I work in has it's own ventilation system and the fans are loud. After 8 years, there is a range of sound that I can't hear. It seems to be the exact pitch and range of actors speaking in a dramatic movie.
Group buy on a Miracle Ear!

Pathrat
March 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM
It is truly sad that these big companies see everything as the consumers fault regardless of their own actions or non actions!

Unfortunately, they get away with it, often. Also, there are too many people that don't pay attention or do not understand the crap spouted by the rep and so the corps get away with it. Xcel is the WORST

Brody
March 31st, 2009, 09:30 PM
So speaking of vision or lack thereof, over the years my left eye has become my dominant eye, whereas beore it was my right. This makes shooting, more than anything else a real trip, especially with a pistol. If I try to 'target' shoot and shoot from a left handed stance, it feels much like trying to throw a ball or bat with your off hand...very weird. Anymore I just practice shooting with both eyes open, much as I would shoot in a 'Holy S**t!' situation. Still it feels really awkward target shooting.