PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed

SCRubicon
March 25th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I had a great interview today with the most professional, class act people I've ever had the pleasure of sitting across a table from. I was dreading it because it was a panel interview. Usually I enter those feeling intimidated, then leave feeling interrogated and highly irritated. Not today. I strolled in ready to go and it took off from there. For all I know I probably blew it, but at least I felt great walking out the door at the conclusion.

Chris
March 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Good luck Steve, hope you get it! :thunb:

FWIW, I always had the most success with panel style interviews in getting hired.

when I succeeded in turning it to me interviewing them I knew i had the job.

Brody
March 25th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I think that a great many folks on this site also have their fingers crossed for you, too, including me and LaDawn! Good luck with that, my friend! Keep us posted...

greenramp
March 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
GOOD LUCK!

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Good luck Steve, hope you get it! :thunb:

FWIW, I always had the most success with panel style interviews in getting hired.

when I succeeded in turning it to me interviewing them I knew i had the job.

yep, ive had this too, when you flip the coin on them the odds are in your favor. Good luck on the career!

Patrolman
March 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Glad that you at least enjoyed it! Always a great feeling when that happens! Fingers are crossed for you!

gragravar
March 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Good luck!

SCRubicon
March 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Here's the scoop... I was called about an hour after the interview to be informed that I made the cut. My references and background are now being checked. Hopefully I cross the finish line :)

Jamie
March 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I wish you the best of luck. I just hope they don't find those pics you posted on Facebook!!:oops:

Chris
March 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Here's the scoop... I was called about an hour after the interview to be informed that I made the cut. My references and background are now being checked. Hopefully I cross the finish line :)

Nice to hear Steve, I'll hold the congrats until you get the word. :)

4Runninfun
March 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
congrats steve! is this another master gardener position?

Roostercruiser
March 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
good luck were pulling for u

Funrover
March 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Man I am praying for you dude!! I hope you get this job! Jessica also wishes you the best!

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 07:08 PM
congrats! i wont clap yet dont want to jynx you...

Pathrat
March 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Very cool Steve! We hope you get this position and get to work with good people!!! You are articulate and it sounds like you did great.
What kind of job?

*The last panel interview I had was with Aurora PD...highest score. Imagine, me with authority and a gun.*

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Very cool Steve! We hope you get this position and get to work with good people!!! You are articulate and it sounds like you did great.
What kind of job?

*The last panel interview I had was with Aurora PD...highest score. Imagine, me with authority and a gun.*

its not the gun id be worried about, its the fact that you would use your squad car to gain entry through the front of a home or something on a bust...HAHAHAHAH

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
What kind of job?

its not the gun id be worried about, its the fact that you would use your squad car to gain entry through the front of a home or something on a bust...HAHAHAHAH

Funrover
March 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM

:lol::lol::lol: Now that is friggen hilarious!

Pathrat
March 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM

Yeah, and??? I would have a bumper!

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
got to protect the car!

SCRubicon
April 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Didn't get it.

Chris
April 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
:( That sucks Steve, sorry man...

Roostercruiser
April 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
sorry i thought you had it. that just means theres a better out there for you. good luck , i still got my fingers crossed

WINKY
April 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
i heard from someone that sometimes the doors your not meant to go through are closed on you which leaves you to go through the one your ment to. Sorry to hear it man but you will find something that you will be happy with!

Never give up!

Brody
April 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
That is a real bummer, Steve, I was hoping like hell that you would get this one. Maybe the next one that comes around will be much better all the way around.

Pathrat
April 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Maybe the guy they did hire will quit :) Good luck on the next one, sure to come

4Runninfun
April 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM
sorry steve, you can ask aaron i was particularly irritated by a sure thing that turned into a no. it sucks just keep plugging away.