PDA

View Full Version : valet parking

Roostercruiser
March 21st, 2009, 10:15 PM
on thursday my wife took our kids to the Rose pediatrics because they are very sick. the valet parked our truck because its to big to fit in the parking garage. the window was up and when she got the truck back the window was down. the valet attendant ran off with out saying a word. HE BROKE our window:mad:, his partner said deal with it. she got it home and i took off the door panel and the glass is off the track and cables on the inside are dangling. its a 2004 dodge dakota with power windows if somebody knows how to fix this please let me know. a day later we got a hold of there boss and said he will make it right but we have to fix it first. i have a friend whos has fixid one before but he hard to meet up with so if someone here might be able to help it be much apreciated . the servailence tapes showed the attented slamming the door very hard. be carefull with valet parkers

4Runninfun
March 21st, 2009, 10:34 PM
oh man. if i were you i would take it back there and tell that place THEY are going to fix the truck. then i'd ring that little twerps neck. don't take their bs. ESPECIALLY if there is video evidence showing that they did it. this is crap they need to fix what they did. and thats about the nicest way i can put that. and that manager would be lucky if i was that nice in person.

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM
i would have broken is neck by slamming it real hard against a curb...that is just freakin wrong but good they got it on tape. replacing the windows arent that hard you just got to take your time. If you need help let me know roland :)

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 01:49 AM
oh and get a copy of the tap or video tape it with your phone or something... evidence to take to court if one must

scout man
March 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
oh and get a copy of the tap or video tape it with your phone or something... evidence to take to court if one must

plus most places delete their old tapes and tape over them after a certain perios of time. Might go back and find out that time was up, or they "accidentally" deleted that one early...

Roostercruiser
March 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
im just gonna go down to saflite or some where and get a estimate and bring the estimate to them on tuesday when we go back for a follow up check up. the manager said he will pay for all damages. now i got the window and taped it up for now.

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
get everything in writing too

Brody
March 23rd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Just read this....

They usually delete tapes or record over them after a certain amount of time, totally dependent on the company.

If you need a hand with the door window, give me a call and maybe I can help. Good luck with getting it fixed. I hate that kind of finger pointing stuff. If someone does something wrong, just man up about it. Everyone makes mistakes...

Roostercruiser
March 23rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Just read this....

They usually delete tapes or record over them after a certain amount of time, totally dependent on the company.

If you need a hand with the door window, give me a call and maybe I can help. Good luck with getting it fixed. I hate that kind of finger pointing stuff. If someone does something wrong, just man up about it. Everyone makes mistakes...

the manager is being nice about it and is very sorry it happened and had a talk with the employee about not telling us that he knock the window off trk and for being rude and we accepded there apology. it was just ba timming with sick kids in truck

Funrover
March 23rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
That sucks!

Roostercruiser
March 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
up date is the attendant slammed the door hard enough to un wind the the spring in the window regulater. from dodge its almost 300 $ for the part. we will recieve the check to fix it in about 20 days. so the dodge is parked for a while.

WINKY
March 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
last time i let someone drive my rig, she (ex girlfriend) decided to move the fence gate post with the passenger side door. this was on my 1500 ram. never again.

Brody
March 26th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Roland

Let me know if you want a hand with that when you get the parts