PDA

View Full Version : left hand saturday 3-21

sr5yota84
March 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Hey guys looking to do some trails tomorrow. I have never been out here but sounds like fun. If anyone wants to come let me know.

Funrover
March 20th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I will be babysitting... have fun!

Brody
March 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I am supposed to go rock climbing in Rocky Mountain NAtional Park tomorrow, but weather may shut me down. If I do get shut down, I will certainly be up for doing some wheeling. PM me your phone number so that I can get in touch as I won't know until early tomorrow AM.

I think that both DETN8R and Andy might be planning on going climbing with me, and they are going to want to wheel if we get weathered out, too.

My cell is 303-507-3066

4Runner3Wheeler
March 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
If Saturday's blown out, I'd like to hit something not too far from Denver. It looks like a couple folks are up for hitting Left Hand. What time are you thinking?

WINKY
March 21st, 2009, 01:40 AM
OOHHHH OOOHHHHH IM IN IM IN!!!!! let me know if a run is going to happen!! 3038819258

Roostercruiser
March 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
cant kids real sick and wife mouth had 4 teeth pulled and 4 post put in for implants shes hurting

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
ok so andy his friend and i went to left hand, started working our way around, did some pretty tough stuff and made it all the way up to the squeeze where we dropped down hill on the side trail and worked our way back to five points. we also went to the top of the hill i think it was 856 trail ?? but it was a blast, my truck did very well as did andy's. he was a touch top heavy as a tire on the rear kept wanting to lift off a bit but he was good through the trails. We hit some real tippy sections that got my heart pumping fairly good but no trail damage on brutus, andy managed to rip off a mud flair on the right rear from stuffing a tire in the well. Met some others on the trail, had a simple lunch got some pics and worked our way back. If i had lockers and my lift i would have gone through the squeeze with a spotter but didnt want to wreck my daily driver...lol

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
pics

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM

WINKY
March 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM

Brody
March 23rd, 2009, 04:42 AM
Nice pictures! That whole area is full of some neat trail riding! I like the looks your truck gets!

WINKY
March 23rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
yeah people were looking at me thinking "your gonna take that where and do what with it?????":confused::confused:

4Runner3Wheeler
March 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hi Randy!

Thanks for posting up some photos! We really didn't use the camera enough this trip.

Brutus is a beast. I had no idea how great frame flex can work to your advantage. Just be glad we turned around at the Squeeze (up road 286 where we turned downhill right, did a twenty point turn, and rejoined 286E).

My buddy and I came down that road (286) from the top kiosk after camping. It is super narrow before decending to the Squeeze. I'm not sure Brutus would have made it, unless you would have ran your hillside tire off the road and up the hillside a bit. Also, I leaned a bit too much and put a crease on my back quarter below the side/rear window. :( , but that's character and a great excuse to work on some body skills before Durabak'n the Runner. :lol: I really need to get some rear armor before hitting any more tough obstacles.

Randy's truck will only be stopped by a trail's size, especially once he's armored and locked. :thunb: Most areas on this series of trails, he had plenty of clearance. There is plenty of toughness and power in his drivetrain and suspension.

Randy and Chris have me wanting to trade in the Tahoe for a solid axle Ram.

yeah people were looking at me thinking "your gonna take that where and do what with it?????":confused::confused:

WINKY
March 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
yeah trail width is the only thing that will hinder me once i get all that. running a tire off the hillside is not fun and with no winch impossible to recover without superman.

Brody
March 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Thought you was the superman....now I am really bummed...

Funrover
March 23rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Great pics!

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I know andy took pics but he aint posting them...LOL

4Runner3Wheeler
March 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hey Randy,

I only had my phone. I just checked. I got one photo of you and your rig. It's a good one. I'll try and get it up. It's the shot where you're up the hill on the switchbacks and I'm down the hill. You are waving.

Actually, send me your email and I can send it from my phone much easier.

I know andy took pics but he aint posting them...LOL