PDA

View Full Version : Head the Warning!

1freaky1
March 16th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I know this really doesnt have anything to do with offroading but I figure it is something worth posting to help save a few of us out there!!! If I should be posting it in another part of the forum please be nice enough to let me know.
Scary thoughts for those with credit cards!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/106716/How-to-Blow-Your-Credit-Limit-Without-Spending

Funrover
March 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
oh goodie....

1freaky1
March 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
yeah I am so glad I got rid of all my credit cards a few years back.

Man Jerk
March 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
yeah I am so glad I got rid of all my credit cards a few years back.

Yup, me too. Not a single credit card.

Brody
March 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
That is for sure. The only credit cards that LaDawn and I use, we specifically use them to get air miles for our vacations....and they get paid off every month.

I got into credit card trouble back in the 70s and actually didn't have a credit card again until a couple of years ago. It was either cash or a debit card. Took forever to get over that hurdle and I'll never do it again. It is a total racket if you cannot pay them off when you get the bill.

We have been doing this for the air miles for years and the year before last got 2 free tickets to St Lucia. Last year we got all but 1/3 of two tickets free on a vacation to Aruba. This is the only reason we use them except for dire emergencies.

Roostercruiser
March 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
cash or debit here no cards either

Roostercruiser
March 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
That is for sure. The only credit cards that LaDawn and I use, we specifically use them to get air miles for our vacations....and they get paid off every month.

I got into credit card trouble back in the 70s and actually didn't have a credit card again until a couple of years ago. It was either cash or a debit card. Took forever to get over that hurdle and I'll never do it again. It is a total racket if you cannot pay them off when you get the bill.

We have been doing this for the air miles for years and the year before last got 2 free tickets to St Lucia. Last year we got all but 1/3 of two tickets free on a vacation to Aruba. This is the only reason we use them except for dire emergencies.

ahh the 70' s i still remeber it like was yesterday ........................................holding on to my sippie cup and not care in the world . i loved being 3 yrs old

WINKY
March 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
one reason why i have been living off of cash for 5 years now. I choose not to play their games or pay them money to use money. Good post though thanks! Ill send it to my brother.

ahh the 70' s i still remeber it like was yesterday ........................................holding on to my sippie cup and not care in the world . i loved being 3 yrs old

im with ya there man, it would be nice to take a break and relax for a while and do nothing but sleep eat and poo....:D oh and vomet occasionally... :erm: ya know i think i will stay where im at HAHAHAHAHA :bang:

Funrover
March 16th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I have one that I keep down.. but lately we have had to use them a little more than we like

Brody
March 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
You guys need to really watch all those 'old guy' digs...There is an old saying that goes something like this: "Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm 99 times out of a hundred"...

Just something to think about...youngsters

billsbar
March 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
they just keep raising my limits, sometimes every month

Pathrat
March 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM
You guys need to really watch all those 'old guy' digs...There is an old saying that goes something like this: "Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm 99 times out of a hundred"...

Just something to think about...youngsters

Ahhhh, the benefits of wisdom. I like this one Brody!

As far as credit cards, one for emergencies. Otherwise, American Express Blue with the joined savings account (2.75%!) they deposit a percentage of your purchases into, and my balance gets paid in full every month. I have been using it as a debit card and have made some cash off of it. Better than the .05% the bank savings accounts offer.

SCRubicon
March 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Nasty as it may be, the practice of cutting credit lines below the balance is legal -- at least, for now, says Chi Chi Wu, a staff attorney for the National Consumer Law Center

Now there's a name for ya....