PDA

View Full Version : LEFT HAND today

greenramp
March 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Going to Left hand since it's close, and I have plans for this evening. I'll be there at 12:45PM at the trail head. Anyone is welcome

Joe
303-507-0682 mobile

billsbar
March 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
so how was the trip?

I was lucky enough to work all day AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

WINKY
March 15th, 2009, 01:47 AM
did i just hear a pirate....?:doh:

Brody
March 15th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Gonna talk to LaDawn when she wake up and see if she wants to go. We left the day open and are planning on doing a hike this morning. This might fit in just fine with our plans (or lack thereof) today. If we go, we will be there +- 15 minutes of the meet time. Look for my black rig....

If we go, I'll post up a quick reply in a couple of hours...

Randy...give me a call around 8:00

greenramp
March 15th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Left hand was GREAT. There were a good deal of vehicles but they were all park while I was driving and visa versa. We were indecisive as to which route to take and started off on Big Mamma hill I believe. Very steep climb that has some nice articulated spots to keep you guessing on your line. We then went up to the upper Kiosk and found a few areas that have turned into fairly difficult. Fireman’s hill coming down was phenomenal as the weather was great. Good times for all. The absense of Carnage canyon to this area is a shame but there is still some good wheeling.

Carnage: Loosened rear control arm nut (mental note for locktite) and rear spring came out of it's seat.

Sorry we didn't hook up Brody, I didn't get your post soon enough. Feel free to call me if I am every out and about.

Funrover
March 15th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Glad you had a good time man!

4Runner3Wheeler
March 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hey Joe!

Any one up for Left Hand Friday or this weekend??? :)

I'd like to parlay the day into some fishing around Boulder or a climb if any one is interested.

Left hand was GREAT. There were a good deal of vehicles but they were all park while I was driving and visa versa. We were indecisive as to which route to take and started off on Big Mamma hill I believe. Very steep climb that has some nice articulated spots to keep you guessing on your line. We then went up to the upper Kiosk and found a few areas that have turned into fairly difficult. Fireman’s hill coming down was phenomenal as the weather was great. Good times for all. The absense of Carnage canyon to this area is a shame but there is still some good wheeling.

Carnage: Loosened rear control arm nut (mental note for locktite) and rear spring came out of it's seat.

Sorry we didn't hook up Brody, I didn't get your post soon enough. Feel free to call me if I am every out and about.

greenramp
March 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I was planning on doing some small upgrades before the Aniv Run, sorry

sr5yota84
March 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
i might be up for t saturday,,, I have never been there and have no idea where it is... I just moved to loveland from cheyenne so i am trying to find some fun trails.

Brody
March 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Close for you since you moved to Loveland. Go to Lyons, turn like you are going to go to Boulder. After a few miles, you will see a little wooded section that spans the road just after some farms/ranches. The road is marked Ward/Jamestown, I think, (and is probably called Left Hand Canyon Road, too) but it is right in the middle of those trees. Turn towards the foothills (right) and you will eventually come to the Left Hand Canyon trail head. You can't miss it as it is usually really congested just off the road with all manner of rigs. It will be on your right hand side after about 5-6 miles or so. Watch for all the bikers in the canyon!

Have a great time.

greenramp
March 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
landmark: turn right at the Greenbrier Inn (http://www.greenbriarinn.com/) off of Foothills Hwy. Here is a good map of the trails in that area: Left Hand Map (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/left_hand_canyon/maps/map_big.gif)

cruiser51
March 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM
allright ive never been up there ether. i always thaught it was on th left hand side of left hand canion. ive allways seen the rock climbers going up on the right but was uder the impresion that it was a diferent trail more dificult. you guis mention something about going off of foot hills?

4Runner3Wheeler
March 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
There seem to be good directions at TrailDamage.com.

Is a group forming for tomorrow?

Who's in and what time(s) work best?

allright ive never been up there ether. i always thaught it was on th left hand side of left hand canion. ive allways seen the rock climbers going up on the right but was uder the impresion that it was a diferent trail more dificult. you guis mention something about going off of foot hills?

sr5yota84
March 20th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I will be going tomorrow around 10am I have never been before so let me know if any one wants to join..... Call me 307-640-4407. If I don't answer leave a message

4Runner3Wheeler
March 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'm in. A buddy and I are bringing some camping/climbing gear to stay the night in the area. Hopefully, the weather isn't too bad.

Driving Directions
"From Boulder, go north on Highway 36 to County Road 94. This is also marked as Lefthand Canyon Road and the town of Altona. Take this paved road 3.7 miles. The trail begins at the right of the road next to a sign for Roosevelt National Forest, marked FSR 286. Once you get started on the trail you should turn left to go to the Left Hand Canyon trail."

***Based on this, let's meet at FSR 286 around 10:00***

My phone is 303-808-8150

I will be going tomorrow around 10am I have never been before so let me know if any one wants to join..... Call me 307-640-4407. If I don't answer leave a message