PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Canyon - Adopt-a-Trail

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Putting this out for discussion. Brant with the Forest Service would like to know if we're interested in adding Devil's Canyon to our Adopt-a-Trail agreement. It's in the same area as Barbour Forks and with all the new folks here may be a good idea.

Any comments?

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Works for me as you can do both in the same day without an issue.

WINKY
March 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
im in, make it a run+clean up

Pathrat
March 2nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Where is it and what is this trail like? A lot of heavy usage? It took us two trips to make Barbour look presentable. I would be pretty interested in seeing the turnout for the first Barbour Forks clean up of the season before we add another trail.

Pathrat
March 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Works for me as you can do both in the same day without an issue.

We seem to take our sweet time doing the clean up/run though.

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Where is it and what is this trail like? A lot of heavy usage? It took us two trips to make Barbour look presentable. I would be pretty interested in seeing the turnout for the first Barbour Forks clean up of the season before we add another trail.

It's a neighbor trail to Barbour Fork, same type of use. I told Brant we're interested but that's not a commitment yet. Maintaining out past efforts shouldn't require the same amount of work.

We seem to take our sweet time doing the clean up/run though.

Yes we do which isn't a bad thing. I consider these productive social runs. ;)

Pathrat
March 2nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
It's a neighbor trail to Barbour Fork, same type of use. I told Brant we're interested but that's not a commitment yet. Maintaining out past efforts shouldn't require the same amount of work.

Yes we do which isn't a bad thing. I consider these productive social runs. ;)

I don't know about your first statement, no Bronco to pull out withstanding, just because I am new to this. I would kind of like to take a run up to check the condition of our trail and the condition of the other trail to get a decent idea of the conditions to be sure we can meet our end of the committments.

And yes, I do enjoy our social working runs... I do my share of yapping.:)

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'll check and see if Devil's Canyon is gated like Barbour Fork. I suspect it is due to their proximity to each other. That being the case they would have to be walked to check them out.

Roostercruiser
March 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
devil's has a fun playground . from what i remember its a popular.trail. for high school crowd just because its name and location

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
That probably means we'd be cleaning up a lot of beer cans.

Roostercruiser
March 3rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
all them trails in that nieborhood are high school trails for kids in the denver area.Cascade creek, ute creek, yankee hill is covered in shotgun shells and fire pits with trash around it. it sucks that a night of fun and not caring for the enviromant and alcohale gets in the way of better judgement. and leave their mess and trash for others to clean up. i have spend many a times picking up shells and broken bottles and cans. so if you need help cleaning some of these trails so others could enjoy them. i will help you to keep colorado looking beautiful. so our children and grand childen could enjoy the beauty like we do.

DETN8R
March 4th, 2009, 12:27 AM
from Traildamage

Note that the trail is closed from December 2nd through June 14th every year.

I'm interested in helping out. I know I'm FR4x4's biggest procrastinator though.

4Runner3Wheeler
March 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Great attitude!

I agree with Pathrat that we should inspect the trail prior to committing.

all them trails in that nieborhood are high school trails for kids in the denver area.Cascade creek, ute creek, yankee hill is covered in shotgun shells and fire pits with trash around it. it sucks that a night of fun and not caring for the enviromant and alcohale gets in the way of better judgement. and leave their mess and trash for others to clean up. i have spend many a times picking up shells and broken bottles and cans. so if you need help cleaning some of these trails so others could enjoy them. i will help you to keep colorado looking beautiful. so our children and grand childen could enjoy the beauty like we do.