PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

jonnyd49
March 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone. I'm a friend of Haku. My name's Jon, and I drive a 95 Chevy Tahoe. She's a good truck, with 218k miles. The drivetrain is mostly stock, or a stock replacement. She has a K&N intake, TBI spacer, aftermarket headers (can't remember the brand) magnaflow high-flow cat, and flowmaster 1-in 2-out muffler. I'll probably put a chip in her this spring.

I know she's not the most interesting rig out there, but she's mine, and we get along well.

-jon

Pathrat
March 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hello and welcome to Front Range! Even though you say you don't have the most interesting rig out there, the high miles say you DO STUFF with it. :)

jonnyd49
March 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hello and welcome to Front Range! Even though you say you don't have the most interesting rig out there, the high miles say you DO STUFF with it. :)

Yeah, it has seen more states than most people. 22 to be exact. There's lots of stories she could tell....

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome Jon, nice to have you on the board! I'm a high-miler with almost 260K but it's 7 years older too.

Look forward to meeting you and hope you can come to our First Anniversary run, should be fun and a good time for many of us to meet in person for the first time.

:welcome:

scoutfam
March 1st, 2009, 09:40 PM
Always good to see a fellow grease monkey :wrench: who is proud of it. Does your significant other call your rig "the mistress" if not then you need to wrench some more :D I think you will find all kinds of folks and rigs here. I have an old monster but I have seen some with bone stock brand new rigs that I would be afraid to scratch the under carriage on. Nice to see that you don't mind using yours.

Funrover
March 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Welcome. Nice rig I wish they still had those around.. the 2 door full size rigs are great! And someoe has as man miles as my rig now.. WOO HOO!! LOL

scout man
March 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM
I'm a friend of Haku.

-jon

What, we aren't friends anymore Jon???? I see how it is.. we will see if I ever pull YOU out again :D Welcome aboard!!!

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
Hey Jon

Welcome to the site! Nice to see someone else who gets greasy! Anyone who sees me when I am actually clean usually does a bit of a double take...Great picture and a nice rig. Anything that you have driven that many miles you have a history with and have probably driven just about everything that you want to with it.

You are certainly welcome here and I hope that you can come to our anniversary run on the 28th of this month. We welcome everyone who likes to wheel, no matter what they drive. And China Wall is a great trail for pretty much any rig. We did a 'stockers without lockers' run last year and will probably do something similiar this year. Check out some of our trail run posts and the smiles on everyone's faces...we do have fun!

jonnyd49
March 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
What, we aren't friends anymore Jon???? I see how it is.. we will see if I ever pull YOU out again :D Welcome aboard!!!

I had no idea you were on here... And if you're not pulling me out, I'm not pulling you out either! :lol:

SCRubicon
March 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hey Jon, welcome to Front Range 4x4!!!

scout man
March 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
I had no idea you were on here... And if you're not pulling me out, I'm not pulling you out either! :lol:

dang, I think I lose that fight... I suppose I could still pull you out...:thunb:

Haku
March 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
dang, I think I lose that fight... I suppose I could still pull you out...:thunb:

Geez guys, last I checked, you were pretty equally pulling each other out (and I have pictures to prove it):

http://dk09fg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFQjxFeKIsxrpKClvrWKOO4m5VH9MSd1YVBaLoC3sw0fV9K_ sbUSkEA0ECBIVUYj6P1KbKjdh8g1Q8PZftMddiQ/Pulling.jpg

Probably shouldn't mention that you both pulled me out or at least gave a push.

Welcome to the board.

JH

jonnyd49
March 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm back! Between becoming a new homeowner and spending a few months traveling throughout the USA, I haven't been on this forum in a LONG time.

My Tahoe is up to 227k miles, and hasn't had any new mods since I last posted. Heck, I've only put 10,500 miles on her in the past year, and she's my daily driver.

I tried explaining to my wife that a lift kit is definitely on my list of things to purchase, but she's a bit resistant to that idea. We'll see how long it takes to wear her down.

Anyway, it is good to be back, and I hope to be meeting some/most of you in the near future!

-Jon

Haku
March 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Good to see you back on the forum Jon. Heard you have been working on the truck a bunch lately getting her running good.

Josh

Fordguy77
March 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM
welcome back

Rob
March 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM
We'll see how long it takes to wear her down.

Welcome back. That's how I convinced my wife to let me get my two rigs and all mods. I just flat wore down her resistance. Persistence pays off. (Tell her a lift is a mandatory safety feature.:thunb:)

Mporter
March 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome. I'm with rob on the persistance thing

jonnyd49
March 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome back. That's how I convinced my wife to let me get my two rigs and all mods. I just flat wore down her resistance. Persistence pays off. (Tell her a lift is a mandatory safety feature.:thunb:)
Safety feature! Ha! "Yeah, honey, It will keep us from getting stuck on a trail, and keep your feet from getting wet during water crossings."

Mporter
March 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Safety feature! Ha! "Yeah, honey, It will keep us from getting stuck on a trail, and keep your feet from getting wet during water crossings."

Convince her it's something that will help avoid getting towed during big snowstorms. That's a pretty legit reason.

scout man
March 13th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Welcome back Jon! I was reading through this thread and the last time you were on here my scout was stock.... :eek:. And josh still had his Sammi. Good to have you back.

Jon has been helping me wrench a bit lately, and the one that took the pics of my scout in the mud hole the other day.

AccordRanger
March 13th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Welcome back!

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Nice to have you back on the forum! Looking forward to seeing you on a run soon! Try to make the Anniversary Run.

Roostercruiser
March 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
nice and clean truck welcome

Hypoid
March 15th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Welcome back! I laughed at the second picture, your rig is cleaner than you are.

Haku
March 16th, 2010, 02:18 AM
nice and clean truck welcome

hahaa........It has since gotten more "character" after living through one of Colorado's legendary golf ball/softball hail storms. Cool rig though, and holds its own for sure (when said owner isn't too hungover to go wheeling the next morning:lmao:). Now that Alysia (Scoutman's Fiance) is joining the 4x4 crowd, we just have to get Jon's wife Gina in on the fun now.

JH

jonnyd49
March 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM
My poor old tahoe has plenty more "Character" in the form of rust and dents and dings and scratches. After sealing up the exhaust though, she sounds much better.