PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, this is also posted under "Forum Help/News (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)" but I know lots of folks never read anything there so I'm adding it here.

There's a new button by the reply buttons that says "Thanks!" which you can use when you just want to say thanks to the poster w/o any additional comments. This isn't to discourage people from elaborating on their appreciation but sometimes a simple thanks is all that's needed and the button will do it.

The number of "thanks" given and recived are shown in a few places such as UserCP under Statistics and on the right side stats for each user on the posts themselves.

Go ahead, click it. ;)

Chris
February 27th, 2009, 04:41 PM
:eek: 5 people read this and only 1 clicked the button!

Thanks Gragavar, and the rest of you get the admin's wagging finger :tsk:

Yes, I can tell who has read a link and who hasn't. ;)

gragravar
February 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
:D:D:D

Funrover
February 28th, 2009, 06:41 AM
:eek: 5 people read this and only 1 clicked the button!

Thanks Gragavar, and the rest of you get the admin's wagging finger :tsk:

Yes, I can tell who has read a link and who hasn't. ;)

:tsk: I can wave back hahahahahahaha! :lol:

WINKY
February 28th, 2009, 07:26 AM
hey i clicked the button before everyone :(

Chris
February 28th, 2009, 09:16 AM
hey i clicked the button before everyone :(

Hmm, it's not showing you clicked it - please try again.

There may be a problem I'm not aware of...

...and I'm not referring to Funrover. :lol:

WINKY
February 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
i was that close to winning the lotto too...HAHAHA

Funrover
February 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hmm, it's not showing you clicked it - please try again.

There may be a problem I'm not aware of...

...and I'm not referring to Funrover. :lol:

I am innocent....

enough ;)

Pathrat
February 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Well Chris, it appears that I can't use any of my drop down buttons...fonts, color, smiley...nothing drops down so the Thanks thing isn't working for me right now. I can see it on your replies above, but not on mine. Will check the usercp stuff

EDIT- just tried that and I cant get my user cp box to give me a menu

Funrover
February 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I can't click on a username to send a PM in a thread now???

Pathrat
February 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I can't click on a username to send a PM in a thread now???

*if it was you that just sent me a pm, I can't get at it. Not even when I click the "your notification" tab, no menu to get to my pms shows

Funrover
February 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
*if it was you that just sent me a pm, I can't get at it. Not even when I click the "your notification" tab, no menu to get to my pms shows

yeah I hat to go into the PM and click sned new... then type your name in

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Ditto here....got some glitches going on for sure....

Forum Jump, Quick Links, New Posts, PMs, And Unread Post stuff are all not working no matter what computer I use....

Photo uplaods are shutting down after only loading 2 out of 6 photos and sometimes not at all with a 'Internal Server Error' message....

Tried again and NONE of the drop downs are working at all....

Deux Ex Machina, maybe??

Roostercruiser
March 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
same here, on photos ive been doing 1 at a time i though it was just my computer

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM
I made some changes in attempts to fix this, let me know if you're still having problems.

Roostercruiser
March 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
i lost the thank you button by the reply section at bottom of posts

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
I forgot to mention I removed that to see if it's the problem.

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 09:11 AM
Since the problem seems to be resolved I turned it back on to see what happens.

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
That's it, I think. I just lost all of my drop downs again and cannot access my PMs.....tried on 2 different computers, too...

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
How is it now? :confused:

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Happy again.

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM
Now the drop downs aren't working, nor can I access the notifications...

When I click on them with the cursur, they don't even get the dotted line around them showing a selection....

Something is buggy...is anyone else beside me, Cowboy and Pathrat having this issue??

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe it wasn't the thanks function. Is it still malfunctioning?

WINKY
March 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM
:bang:

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hmm, that must be a "yes"

What's not working?

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Now the drop downs aren't working, nor can I access the notifications...

When I click on them with the cursur, they don't even get the dotted line around them showing a selection....

Something is buggy...is anyone else beside me, Cowboy and Pathrat having this issue??

There shouldn't be any problems now. I totally removed everything connected with the pesky "thanks" thing. The only other thing it could have been was a quick reply enhancement that nobody had any issues with but since it was kind of new I removed it too just in case.

Finally I performed all maintenance the forum has built in. If anyone is having a problem please provide details.

Brody
March 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks Chris! U B D MAN! Everything's working just fine now!

Wondering how come no one has asked what 'Ghetto Scrabble' is...maybe I am not the only one to play it....

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 08:06 PM
I remember playing a version where spelling didn't count as long as you could use your word in a sentence - close? If not try it sometime. :D

Pathrat
March 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Chris, mine still isn't working. I logged in and then logged out and nothing. I can't get the drop down on the smileys in 'quick reply', I can't get the forums to show when I click 'forum jump', 'community' or any of the other headers. :-(

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Chris, mine still isn't working. I logged in and then logged out and nothing. I can't get the drop down on the smileys in 'quick reply', I can't get the forums to show when I click 'forum jump', 'community' or any of the other headers. :-(

Please try it now.

Pathrat
March 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
nope, not on quick reply or on the headers at the top

Chris
March 1st, 2009, 08:50 PM
Very strange, can you reboot and try again? I made the only change that I can imagine being the problem.

Pathrat
March 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
I will log out then log in again

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
All happy again as of this AM...

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Good to know, I've disabled some 'features' that appear to have helped but some are still having issues.

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Upload/Manage Attachments is still screwy and only shows two areas to upload instead of the usual six....

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
I reduced it to two for the time being. Please expand on "still screwy" :erm:

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Just that there are only two areas..didn't realize that you did that on purpose. I have a bunch of stuff that I am still trying to transfer to the respective places and it requires me to do a lot of photo uploads. No problem, I can wait to do this. Most of the main stuff is sorted out...

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Glad it is for you, waiting to hear from Pathrat and a few others.

I suspect the upload issue has to do with the size of the photos. Do you know how big they average?

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Testing image upload - size test.

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Works fine with small images, now to test large.

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Any problems encountered would be due to the image size. These large ones are 50KB to 150KB in size which is a good size to aim for to upload 6 images at once w/o problems.

Brody
March 2nd, 2009, 02:37 PM
jpeg, low quality and the size that is requested... 500x500dpi or something about that size. I was getting error messages if the image size was too big. Turns out the regular digital camera download size is really close, so I haven't been having issues. If I scan something, I'll watch the image size...and reformat it accordingly..

Chris
March 2nd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Right, digital camera and scanner output is much higher than needed for good quality on screen. Glad we're making progress.

Brody
March 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Drop downs aren't working, though I can access my PMS this time around. Anything that doesn't have a drop down is fine...

The drop downs started working again, but the 'forum jump' is now missing from the board.

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
I disabled the Forum Jump menu to see if that's causing the problems for some folks drop downs. Are your drop downs working or not?

Brody
March 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Drop downs are working. I had no problems until you loaded the 'Thanks' accessory, then everything went downhill...

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
That and more are off and some people still have problems. :(

Pathrat
March 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
Chris, now my menu bars and drop downs work, even the color drop downs. The only thing missing is the smiley icons on the 'quick reply' and my "unread posts" count at the top. I had to download firefox and use it as the browser.

Chris
March 3rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Firefox is so much better anyway.