PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on CO4x4

DETN8R
February 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Someone on CO4x4 posted a link to this craiglist listing:
http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/1043325132.html

Jimmy
February 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
I think every freakin' offroad website I've visited has had a thread on this thing. :lol:

DETN8R
February 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Just keeping FR4x4 up to date.

Chris
February 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Jeep turned Hummer :lol:

WINKY
February 22nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
umm...??? WOW!!!!!!!

Brody
February 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
No Randy...I think you mean HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Patrolman or someone else posted this same thing on the Front Range 4x4 site a month or more ago when it first appeared on craigslist. Not too impressive then, not too impressive now... Could've thought of a bunch of other much more practical ways to build a FUNCTIONING 4x4 instead of something different that looks like it would perform like crap in everything except a mud bog....Can you imagine getting a bit tippy in that thing? Might as well build a ball shaped roll cage around it....What an absolute waste...Tires, wheels and motor might be worth a few bucks if you wanted to part it out....maybe the winch and the transfer case...gotta be something worth a s**t there somewhere...

WINKY
February 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
it looks more like a tourist attraction that can go over a few rocks... i wasnt that impressed though just a jeep on steroids. Not bashing jeeps in no way but this thing isnt a jeep...

Funrover
February 22nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Good show rig...

DETN8R
February 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I think its nice to try new things. I wouldnt want it but I respect the amount of work that went into it.

Brody
February 23rd, 2009, 04:51 AM
Wasn't saying that I didn't respect the amount of work that went into it, just the waste...
Kinda like respecting the amount of work that goes into a racing riding lawnmower...you realize what it took to get a fast riding lawnmower and respect it in a way, but....or a low rider that than can bounce 4' high...or , for that matter, one of those 'bar bikes' with the fat tire in the back...

I guess I have a hard time with the 'purpose' behind it as there doesn't seem to be any at all...What are you going to do with it...drive it around with an 'oh wow' collection bucket?

Jimmy
February 23rd, 2009, 06:01 AM
Patrolman or someone else posted this same thing on the Front Range 4x4 site a month or more ago when it first appeared on craigslist.

I'm pretty sure it was Patrolman. Just didn't feel like doing the leg work to dig up the link... :rolleyes:

scoutfam
February 23rd, 2009, 07:06 AM
it's cool but that is a boat load of moolah and then what all you have left is to wheel it :D I like turning wrenchs to much..........:wrench:

Pathrat
February 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
I do kind of like the thought of tail pipe armour :D

Funrover
February 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
I do kind of like the thought of tail pipe armour :D

You need to build a bumper like that LOL :thunb:

Pathrat
February 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
You need to build a bumper like that LOL :thunb:

ummm, yes, yes I do. :o

Funrover
February 23rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
ummm, yes, yes I do. :o

You know Pete, Joe(billet tech) and many others are only a phone call away hahaha :thunb:

Pathrat
February 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
You know Pete, Joe(billet tech) and many others are only a phone call away hahaha :thunb:

I know, I know! :p I just need to stockpile many :2c::2c::2c: after I send one kid to Gettysburg, get furniture, :blah:

Funrover
February 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I know, I know! :p I just need to stockpile many :2c::2c::2c: after I send one kid to Gettysburg, get furniture, :blah:

Meh details..... You have ol gate monkey to help ya!! :thunb:

Pathrat
February 24th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Meh details..... You have ol gate monkey to help ya!! :thunb:

I gotta get the visual of what I want first! AllPro knock off but affordable maybe...
It will get done! :wrench: just don't know when and how

Funrover
February 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I gotta get the visual of what I want first! AllPro knock off but affordable maybe...
It will get done! :wrench: just don't know when and how

I am sure if you tell others some ideas they will whip something out that will more than impress you!

Pathrat
February 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I am sure if you tell others some ideas they will whip something out that will more than impress you!

:erm: I'm just not that creative out of the box. However, I did see something today that I can throw around...letting the idea roll around some first. :)

Funrover
February 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
:erm: I'm just not that creative out of the box. However, I did see something today that I can throw around...letting the idea roll around some first. :)

OH?!?!?!

Brody
February 25th, 2009, 06:43 AM
So design and have someone build a rear bumper that has a hole through it for the end of the tail pipe. Just run the pipe straight though it, eliminating the bend at the very end. you would be hard pressed to crimp it if it goes through the actual bumper....

Even with the way you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA

Funrover
February 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
So design and have someone build a rear bumper that has a hole through it for the end of the tail pipe. Just run the pipe straight though it, eliminating the bend at the very end. you would be hard pressed to crimp it if it goes through the actual bumper....

Even with the way you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pathrat
February 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Just because my rear hatch has a tree dent, and I have a hole punched in the rear bumper and the driver's side bumper wing is held on with Gorilla Tape...oh wait :D

about that tail pipe? Good idea on incorporating it. Maybe I should start thinking about the rear before the front, since I have not actually HIT any part of the front bumper.

Brody
February 26th, 2009, 06:32 AM
The rear would be a lot easier to do, for sure. You don't want to do what I did after bobbing the rear of my truck though. I backed into my driveway and promptly hit the garage door, thus creating a new project. Not that I can see really well out of the back, anyway, but losing 15" put a different perspective on backing up...

See...you aren't the only one, Stephanie with the backing issues. I just took a little paint off the bumper, but cracked the wood panel and bent the metal brace on the inside of the door. Took about 3 hours to get the door to close again...

Pathrat
February 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
The rear would be a lot easier to do, for sure. You don't want to do what I did after bobbing the rear of my truck though. I backed into my driveway and promptly hit the garage door, thus creating a new project. Not that I can see really well out of the back, anyway, but losing 15" put a different perspective on backing up...

See...you aren't the only one, Stephanie with the backing issues. I just took a little paint off the bumper, but cracked the wood panel and bent the metal brace on the inside of the door. Took about 3 hours to get the door to close again...

Maybe we could take a look at my back end (not my personal back end, no amount of armor will fix that :D) and you could give me an idea of what I would need, where the anchoring points are and all that good stuff? I have not considered the rear, other than looking at the pre-mades and seeing the cheapest sturdy rear bumper runs over $800. The new springs you put in should be able to compensate.

Chris
February 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Not too sure about this Pete, you took 15" off the rear and hit the garage door? Doesn't that mean that you would have taken the whole door out if you had those 15" still on? :D

Brody
February 27th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Hey, what can I say? The perspective was a little different?? Maybe I needed another home project and this was my sub conscious' way of letting me know??

At any rate, I felt rather dumb...my first thoughts "15 inches off and you hit the door!!??"

Not one of my better moments...

We could come up with a good design. Gotta figure out if you want a swing away carrier, gas can mount, etc, etc. Just get in touch... I'll send you some pictures if I see some nice ones..