PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating Exhaust Manioilds

Colorado Scott
February 22nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Does anybody have any experience with Applied Plastic Coatings (http://appliedplastic.com) in Wheat Ridge? I'm considering having them apply a ceramic coating on my stock exhaust manifolds to lower the underhood temps in my Rover. Their pricing doesn't seem too bad.

Brody
February 22nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
I called around and no one I know has either. All I know is that ceramic coatings do work as advertised and I have them on my current headers. I'll talk to the boys at the local rod shops tomorrow and see what they say. I've got 3 in the neighborhood, so it's no big deal. I'll post up what I hear...

Colorado Scott
February 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I called around and no one I know has either. All I know is that ceramic coatings do work as advertised and I have them on my current headers. I'll talk to the boys at the local rod shops tomorrow and see what they say. I've got 3 in the neighborhood, so it's no big deal. I'll post up what I hear...

Cool. I had a set of headers ceramic coated about 10 years ago by JET-HOT for one of my big block Suburbans. There was a huge difference in temps.

gragravar
February 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Does anybody have any experience with Applied Plastic Coatings (http://appliedplastic.com) in Wheat Ridge? I'm considering having them apply a ceramic coating on my stock exhaust manifolds to lower the underhood temps in my Rover. Their pricing doesn't seem too bad.

A couple of the audi guys I know have used them and recommend them for powder coating work.

I havent used them myself, but wanted to pass along that I have heard good things about them. here is an example:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/125388.phtml

Brody
February 22nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks Andrew!

Hey what happened to the XJ? I was just watching some vids with your XJ in it, then looked at the avatar and lo and behold here is a Range Rover...Was up??

gragravar
February 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Andrew!

Hey what happened to the XJ? I was just watching some vids with your XJ in it, then looked at the avatar and lo and behold here is a Range Rover...Was up??

I never had an XJ. Only that Rangie and my current Disco II. You thinking of another Andrew maybe?

Brody
February 23rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Must be....old age is catching up faster than I remember, I guess...

gragravar
February 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Must be....old age is catching up faster than I remember, I guess...

LOL, if it helps you place me at all, I did meet you once - last year on our run of Metberry. I was the bald guy driving the black rover (the one in the avatar).

:thunb:

Brody
February 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
I remember now...and I was the bald guy with the black Yota.....

Brody
February 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Applied Plastic Coatings got the heads up from 2 out of 3. The other outfit hadn't heard about them, but they are more of a service, non motor head, center. The motorheads had good reports....

Colorado Scott
February 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Applied Plastic Coatings got the heads up from 2 out of 3. The other outfit hadn't heard about them, but they are more of a service, non motor head, center. The motorheads had good reports....

Cool. Thanks for asking around! As long as the pricing is still good I'll most likely be going there.