PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MileHighAko

MileHighAko
February 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone! I am so glad to find this group and this forum. I've read a bunch of posts and am very impressed at what a classy, respectful group of folks this is. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

About me: I used to off-road as a kid, but then I had kids of my own (4), a mortgage, and a dog (2), and a job, and you know how it goes. I got old and didn't 4-wheel for a long time. But about 18 months ago we started getting back into it and have been having so much fun. It is a great way for me and my 2 boys to spend time with eachother.

http://cartwrights.smugmug.com/photos/177193439_SjnZk-M.jpg

I live in Castle Rock, and my boys ask me each week if we're going to go do an off-road trail. I don't feel comfortable going out alone, and some of the other 4x4 clubs/groups in the area are a little too hard core for me. I'm up for challenges, but I'm not interested in some of the extra lifestyle stuff that goes on.

I'm excited to find this group and hope that I'll be able to earn your respect as we get to know each other.

-adamc

MileHighAko
February 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Thought I'd share with you a picture of the new bumper I put on my Jeep the week before last. I did it all by myself (this is a big deal if you knew me... i'm handy with a keyboard, but still learning how to use a wrench).

http://cartwrights.smugmug.com/photos/465224864_W7aF7-M.jpg

Chris
February 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Adam! Nice to have you on the board and look forward to meeting you before too long. Check out the Trail Run section for our 1st Anniversary Run on China Wall. You could bring the kids and all obstacles have a bypass so there's nothing you couldn't do.

This is a great group of folks as you'll find out in greater deatail as time goes on. Congrats on the bumper! The wrenching skills vary considerably here as much as the trucks and experience levels.

:welcome:

Jimmy
February 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the group! I've got two young boys as well who enjoy going out. Hope to meet you on a future ride!

Brody
February 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
You bet! Welcome to the group! Have fun on the site, too. You will find a lot of good folks here and get decent answers to any questions you post, too.

Nice job on the bumper, too. One of my best friends is a master wood worker..actually a wizard...but get him near a wrench and you got to give him instructions on which end to use. Sorry Bren, but you know it's true.....And like Chris says, there are many levels of experience-wrenching, fabbing and wheeling-represented on the site.

Glad you found the site! Post any pictures and questions, and we will look forward to seeing you on a trail run soon!

Funrover
February 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice JK!! Hope to see you on the trails!

Roostercruiser
February 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
these are a bunch of the smartist and niceist people you will ever meet and welcome. there is a big 1 year aniversary trail ride/ meet n greet hope can make it on march 28 :cheers::fr4x4:

scoutfam
February 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
This is the right place for you to learn the wrenching part of things. Lots of experience and help to be had. Nice to see the fam in the Jeep with you. I and many others here have the same idea that this is a family thing and there is fun to be had by all. I for one try my best to make my boys scream like little girls every chance I get :lol: Just kidding. They actually look for places for me to wheel "check out that hill Dad"

Brody
February 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Well thanks for the compliment (to all of us) Cowboy...Stephanie recently thanked a few of us by calling us gentleman, too....

Just to clear the air, though....smart, nice, and gentlemanly aren't usually associated with conversations about the Brody dude...

At any rate...there ARE a bunch of great folks on this site as LaDawn (my SO) and I say to each other every time we get together with folks from the site...whether it is for a run or socializing....

Pathrat
February 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to Front Range. I have learned a lot from the people here. I too like to bring my kids out when I can. One I like to torment by forcing her to be outside, the other I like to unnerve. Nothing like getting two 16 year old boys getting out of the truck because they need to after that last stretch of scary.

Brody, was I drunk or something? :D

Brody
February 15th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Might have been...or just wishing....still it was funny...

Warrlord
February 15th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard :thunb:

This really is a great group of folks here :D

SCRubicon
February 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4! Glad to see another JK :) I had that same bumper. I chopped it up and Brody welded my stinger onto it.