PDA

View Full Version : New To Front Range

mick968
February 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hi,I'm Mick and new to the FR forum.I have 97" Discovery that I acquired(1 yr ago) for the sole purpose of driving to and participating in the LR National Rally.Having done that I'm hooked and can't wait until this year's event(Leadville).Disco is a never ending evolution(from stock) to current(2"lift,265/75/16 MT's on 8" black steelies)(new RockStar front bumper with winch soon to follow)Roof rack,trutracs,lights,ect.I live in St.louis but my heart is in Colorado.Last year on way to Moab,we spent week in Frisco area hanging out,flyfishing and just being Rocky Mtn High.Kind of a car guy(Porsche 968 and Audi TT are my other toys).Found the forums to be invaluable sources of info(not only for the vehicle but networking similar interest and making new friends.I don't claim to be off road expert but I get smarter everytime I interact with the guys(gals) that are.Look forward to adding something of interest.

Chris
February 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome to Front Range 4x4 Mick! Nice to have you on the forum! Make sure to try to hook up with us for a trail run any time you're in our fine state!

:welcome:

mick968
February 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'll be there the 23rd of July thru Aug.2(LandRover National Rally in Leadville July29-Aug 1).We will come out early to flyfish and just hang out.Probably be in Frisco/Breckiridge area before Leadville.Can't wait.

SCRubicon
February 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Welcome to Front Range Mick!!! I should be back from Alaska by the time you're here. Maybe we can hook up for a run? Wheeler Lake would be a good one.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=40

KnuckleHead
February 11th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Welcome aboard......

scout man
February 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Good to see another St. Louisan! I lived there for 20 years before just recently relocating to Colorado... still have a lot of family there! Let us know when you make it out this way, wheeling is a lot more fun when there is more than just mud! But on that note, if you are into the mudding thing, check out the Buchanan mudfest that happens twice a year in Robertsville Missouri... they are friends of mine and it is a great event that has gotten huge over the years!

Funrover
February 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Welcome. Sounds like you have a nice Disco! Any pics? I have family back in STL... I go there every once in awhile..... glad to be here though! I will see you in Leadville!! (At least that is the current plan)

scoutfam
February 11th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome, you will love the forum. Post some pics when you get a chance. I get bored and really don't want to look at p---n anymore ..... just kidding.

Funrover
February 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Welcome, you will love the forum. Post some pics when you get a chance. I get bored and really don't want to look at p---n anymore ..... just kidding.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pathrat
February 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hello and welcome! Do post up some pics for us. :)

Brody
February 12th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hey Mick!

Welcome to the site! Great to have another Disco here! You'll love Colorado and I hope that you will be able to get together with some of the folks on the site when you are here! Great trails her and many more other than what is around Leadville. Make sure you stay in touch when you get here and and we will be happy to show you some!

mick968
February 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Welcome. Sounds like you have a nice Disco! Any pics? I have family back in STL... I go there every once in awhile..... glad to be here though! I will see you in Leadville!! (At least that is the current plan)

Have a few pics(Moab and driveway)

Funrover
February 13th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Sharp looking rig! Looks like a Mofab light bar and rear rack?

mick968
February 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Sharp looking rig! Looks like a Mofab light bar and rear rack?

Yeah,it is(MoFab).What happened to Moses?I actually wanted to get some more stuff from him(front bumper and sliders)(since he has been MIA I went with RockStar front bump which I really like also).He(Moses) did good work and was good guy.

I obviously have changed a few things since Moab pic(most noticeable the black steel wheel instead of alloys)(like the look but a little wider and had a few rubs where I didn't before)(nothing the snipps and baby sledge couldn't cure!)

Funrover
February 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah,it is(MoFab).What happened to Moses?I actually wanted to get some more stuff from him(front bumper and sliders)(since he has been MIA I went with RockStar front bump which I really like also).He(Moses) did good work and was good guy.

I obviously have changed a few things since Moab pic(most noticeable the black steel wheel instead of alloys)(like the look but a little wider and had a few rubs where I didn't before)(nothing the snipps and baby sledge couldn't cure!)

He is still around, I know a lot of things changed when his second kid came along. He is still in Texas welding/fabing