PDA

View Full Version : Moab Easter Jeep Safari, ha ha ha...

SCRubicon
January 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM
My mailman delivered the EJS publication yesterday afternoon. I get one every year. I signed up for the mailing list about 5 years ago, but I never go to the EJS. I can't wrap my head around paying that much money to go like ducks in a row on a public trail. The prices: $50 per vehicle for one day, $85 2 days, $120 3 days, $155 4 days, $190 5 days, $225 6 days, $260 7 days, $295 8 days, $330 9 days... The trails to choose from: (you get to pick preferences, but they ultimately decide which trails you get to go on)

3-D
Backwards Bill
Behind the Rocks
(Tip-Toe Route)
(Tip-Toe + hike)
Chicken Corners
Cliff Hanger
Copper Ridge
Crystal Geyser
Dome Plateau
Elephant Hill
Fins N' Things
Flat Iron Mesa
Gold Bar Rim
Golden Spike
Hellroaring Rim
Hell's Revenge
(Tip-Toe Thru Hell)
Hey Joe Canyon
Hole in the Rock
Hotel Rock
Kane Creek Canyon
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Moab Rim + hike
Poison Spider Mesa
Porcupine Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Rose Garden Hill
Secret Spire
Sevenmile Rim
Steel Bender
Strike Ravine
Top of the World
Wipe-Out Hill

Anyhow, if you decide to go (or want to avoid the crowd) the EJS is April 4-12, 2009. I'll be in Vegas.

Chris
January 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
I suppose as a Cruiser owner I should avoid Moab April 4-12. I've found going after EJS is good, the local businesses are happy it's over and in pretty good spirits.

SCRubicon
January 22nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
The first time I went to Moab it was 2 weeks after EJS. Quiet as could be :)

Brody
January 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
All the 4x publications that show reports of this are pretty much ashamed of the trash, toilet paper, etc after this event and mention it in the articles. I tend to get a little violent when I am in huge crowds and seeing this abuse would really have me grabbing large weapons and lotsa ammo.

I would get my limit, too....

Chris
January 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I've found going after EJS is good, the local businesses are happy it's over and in pretty good spirits.

I tend to get a little violent when I am in huge crowds and seeing this abuse would really have me grabbing large weapons and lotsa ammo.

I would get my limit, too....

Interesting contrast in the way the same thing can be said. I guess when diplomacy is needed I'll speak up, otherwise I'll step aside and let Pete handle things. :lol:

Brody
January 22nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah, niether diplomacy or subtlety are really my strong suites...Some friend years ago made the comment that I was about as subtle as a sack of bricks to the head....

I actually do ok dealing with customers, though. It is ususally the sub contractors who aren't doing their jobs or slacking that see my bad side. Idiots, fools, and stupid people see it pretty quickly. My tolerance has gotten really low the older I get...

Pathrat
January 22nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, niether diplomacy or subtlety are really my strong suites...Some friend years ago made the comment that I was about as subtle as a sack of bricks to the head....

I actually do ok dealing with customers, though. It is ususally the sub contractors who aren't doing their jobs or slacking that see my bad side. Idiots, fools, and stupid people see it pretty quickly. My tolerance has gotten really low the older I get...

You just don't deal with the talking monkeys very well; it happens over time and with experience. Some just reach their limit sooner than later. ;)

"sack of bricks to the head" :lol:

Pathrat
January 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for posting this up so I know what weekends not to go to Moab. I would have likely just showed up without looking at the events calender.

SCRubicon
January 23rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Don't forget the Labor Day Safari & Camp Out: Sept. 5-7, 2009. Another good time to avoid Moab...

Pathrat
January 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Don't forget the Labor Day Safari & Camp Out: Sept. 5-7, 2009. Another good time to avoid Moab...

Thanks for the reminder. I have not been at that time, I have gone twice the week after and it is generally quiet. Don't forget Car Show Weekend the last weekend in April; Hugh and I made that mistake last year.

Roostercruiser
January 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
i did the that EJS in 2001 and wow was it expensive. and all day to do one trail.We were up there for a week and did 3 trails and stayed at the KOA campground north of town slept in a tent; it was snowing and cold;(cheapist place around still cost almost 70 a night); miserable. never never never never again.:(