PDA

View Full Version : Guanella Pass - Recovery

Chris
January 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Barb and I didn't get out of the house until noon and headed out 285. We decided to see what Guanella Pass was like and while it wasn't open all the way (of course) it had a large passable area though the snow was fairly deep. Other had gone before us which helped a lot. An F-150 that was behind us on our way in was stuck when we were coming out so we got to winch, then strap, them out of their predicament. Always nice to lend a hand.

To the Pathfinder that passed them before we got there - at least ask if you can do anything rather than just drive by. :tsk:

Jimmy
January 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Haha... reminds me of one May where we headed up towards the Pass from the Grant side and helped out a stock late model full size pickup that had no business in that deep of snow. They were trying to back down the road and slid off into the ditch on the side with the front end. They were determined to get themselves out on their own, but finally accepted my help - I couldn't safely get around them with how they were crossed up on the road, so I was eager to help to get their unprepared butts out of my way. :lol:

That road draws a lot of people - there's always a chance of finding someone stuck on it when there's snow.

Pathrat
January 17th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Nice Job Chris and Barb!

Bad Pathfinder.

Brody
January 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM
People that pass other people in trouble off road need multiple pain lessons........

Roostercruiser
January 18th, 2009, 09:24 AM
thanks for being nice always :thunb:

Funrover
January 18th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Good stuff!