PDA

View Full Version : You know you aren't in the US when...

Brody
December 17th, 2008, 05:42 AM
You get signs like this in the place you go to to eat:

Brody
December 17th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Here are some random Aruba shots including one of me on a climbing wall on the beach (couldn't resist that!) with the Caribbean Sea in the background and one of the only person I saw who was whiter than I was.

Brody
December 17th, 2008, 05:58 AM
What the heck...it's cold outside and gonna get colder, so here are some more 'sun' shots. Not to make anyone jealous, but more to warm you up...

Chris
December 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for those Pete, I hate the cold!

Funrover
December 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Great pics, thanks for sharing! So.. did you make the climbing wall? LOL :D

Brody
December 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Yes to the wall. Anything you can do in sneakers ain't too hard....

Tye
December 18th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Were'nt none of them sharks on he wall huh Pete...:D

Brody
December 18th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I was really trying to get out of shark range, truth be told. I had heard two things that really disturbed me: 1, that there are now mutated sharks with legs that like to hunt on shore and 2, that they can't jump very high. LaDawn thought that I was overdoing it a bit....

Chris
December 18th, 2008, 04:41 PM
mutated sharks with legs that like to hunt on shore

They're called lawyers, right? :D

Pathrat
December 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
They're called lawyers, right? :D

good one!

At least land sharks you might be able to see in time.

Brody
December 19th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Just to get something straight...I always thought that lawyers were bottom feeders, but land sharks work. I think that I have been buying (or have bought) mine at least a Mercedes 500, European model, the one that they don't import cause it's so badass and costs a fortune...

So there were these two guys that died at the same time, a lawyer and a bishop. They both end up at heaven's gate talking to St Peter. St Peter sets them up with their new quarters in heaven, putting the bishop in a small basement apartment and the lawyer into a plush house with about everything that you could ask for.

The bishop was a little upset about this and goes to talk to St Peter.
What's up with this?, he said. I've dedicated my whole life to serving god and expected something a little better.
Well, St Peter said, we get a lot of bishops here, but this is the first lawyer we have ever had..

A blind rabbit and a blind snake met up on the trail.
What are you? they asked each other .
Let's touch each other and try to find out.
The snake feels the rabbit-big ears, fuzzy, little nose, big hind legs.
You must be a rabbit, he says.
The rabbit touches the snake-cold, scaly, low to the ground.
The rabbit thinks for a minute and says, I think that you are a lawyer.

What do you call 1,000 lawyers in a sinking ship in the middle of an bad Atlantic Ocean storm?
A good start.

Pathrat
December 19th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Here is one of those hypothetical, what would you do scenarios.
So a guy was walking back from the newsstand with his Sunday paper. He heard someone struggling in the canal next to the path he was on. There is a man in a suit, splashing and trying to crawl up the steep bank, but he kept sliding back into the water. "Help me! I'm a lawyer, I have money, I'll give you whatever you want just save me!!!"

What would you do first? Read the front page or go right to the comics section?

Brody
December 20th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Try to find a Starbuck's with a view of the lawyer in the canal. Relax and enjoy the show....