PDA

View Full Version : Street tires opinion?

4Runninfun
December 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
It's time to put new tires on the SO's car, it's a mid 90's blazer. It doesn't see anything more than a dirt road, so no need to put anything serious on it just looking for some good all around tires has anyone had any experience with these...?
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?fcpr=*&c=1&rcz=80909&ar=75&fcsr=*&rf=true&fcs=false&rd=15&ct=null&rc=COSINT&cs=235&ra=filterTireProducts.do&pc=38733&fclr=*&cf=false&fcb=BF+Goodrich&sw=false&fsv=false

any other recommendations?

Chris
December 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
I can't help but also am looking for street tires for my wife's Accord. She needs something that is good in snow, unlike the ones she's got.

Good recommendations appreciated. :thunb:

4Runninfun
December 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
just to clarify chris are you looking to get a strictly winter set, or good all season tires?

Chris
December 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
All season Jon, thanks for pointing that out.

Patrolman
December 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
I think the BFG Long Trails are a good on-road tire for a quiet ride. I had a set, but didn't put them to use. Ended up selling them. They really aren't aggressive enough that they would provide good traction in snow and aren't studdable. I would go for a set of BFG AT's. Still a decent street ride, but I think a better lug for snow/ice. Might not get the longer life like the Long Trail should give though.

Funrover
December 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
What about the BFG at's? Cooper discoveries

4Runninfun
December 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
aaron you know which car this is going on and where she takes it i really don't see the AT's as necessary, especially in portland.

Jamie
December 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM
John, Make sure you get something that will handle the wet weather. I lived up that way for a bit and I think the rain is the biggest concern. IMHO.

4Runninfun
December 1st, 2008, 09:32 PM
John, Make sure you get something that will handle the wet weather. I lived up that way for a bit and I think the rain is the biggest concern. IMHO.

exactly, that is D's biggest concern with getting new tires.

Again, Bridgestone Revos.

I have been doing some research reading reviews about them. they have been getting really good marks in just about everything, so i think we're going to check the bank account, if we can the Revo's are looking pretty good, if not those BF's are also getting very good reviews.

Funrover
December 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
Have you looked at the Micheline line up?

4Runninfun
December 1st, 2008, 11:44 PM
wait, are we still boycotting the french? :lol:

Funrover
December 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM
wait, are we still boycotting the french? :lol:
???? I don't get it?

4Runninfun
December 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Michelin tires are french made

Pathrat
December 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
I would suggest Michelin LTX M/S.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M%2FS

I have seen them driven through the Maze during rain and over shelf rocks. My mom's husband was leaving me in the dust in his Tacoma with these tires. They are on my own husband's Ranger too. They seem to be a good all around tire for road use that can help you when you encounter conditions other than dry road.

Roostercruiser
December 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
blizzaks for car tires my mom had them year round worked awsome in snow and ice. a for trucks the best bang for the the buck is Sport King A/T's a very good all around tire, for really cheap. thats my opinion

Telly
December 9th, 2008, 08:16 AM
My recommendation is Nitto Terra Grapplers. I have never owned a better tire for wet/icy/snowy conditions and I can barely hear them on the interstate. I just put got a set installed on the Taco.

4Runninfun
December 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I would suggest Michelin LTX M/S.

thanks for the input guys!

those are the tires we went with. Since the SO is graduating this semester, and moving back to washington AT's would have been huge overkill. so far they are really nice. even from street tire to street tire we were both amazed at how quiet these tires are. and they seam to be doing pretty well on the snow and ice we just got.

Funrover
December 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Glad she seems to like them... I will see them Friday!

Patrolman
December 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Glad that they are sufficient on snow and ice. If you can't have a set of summer and a set of winter tires, then those sound like a good compromise.

4Runninfun
December 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
well also it doesn't snow much in washington where she lives. so winter tires would be pointless.

Pathrat
December 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Glad to see you are happy with your pick. :)